Morrison Living Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 7, 2019

Found 14 of over 116 reviews

3.5
Morrison Living CEO Scott MacLellan
Scott MacLellan
Pros
  • "So much room for growth, a lot of regional support(in 6 reviews)

• "People focused, high culinary standards, great benefits(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor work life balance at accounts(in 14 reviews)

• "Have to work long hours, many weekends and holidays(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Too much fluff, poor regional support

Oct 7, 2019 - Dietitian in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and PTO are generous, although only for salaried employees.

Cons

Poor work life balance, poor regional support, low pay.

Employer Representative

Hello, and thanks for taking a time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with the salaried benefits and we appreciate the constructive criticism you left. Please reach out to your HR Support Team if the issues you're facing persist. Thanks for being part of the Morrison Living team.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great entry level job

Aug 30, 2019 - Nutrition Care Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great entry level job, compensation and benefits

Cons

Poor work life balance at accounts

Employer Representative

Hello – thank you for making time to leave us a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us at Morrison Community Living and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lukewarm

May 5, 2019 - Executive Chef
      Business Outlook

Pros

late night is 8PM. Insurance is good

Cons

Director’s do what they want, zero corporate structure. No accountability . Lots of politics with their ED’s as well. No work life balance. Chefs get straddled with all the responsibility and all the blame.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello – thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know our associates work very hard each and every day. If your manager is not doing a good job of supporting you, please connect with our HR Support Team. Without your contributions, we can’t serve our residents well. Thanks for being a part of the Morrison Community Living family and taking the time to provide constructive feedback.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Nov 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good values, morals, support and resources

Cons

Work life balance expectations.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad you share in our values and morals and feel greatly supported as an employee. Thank you for making Morrison Community Living a great place to work!

5. 3.0

Nutrition care manager

Dec 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great values and room for growth within the company. Lots of resources for dietitians.

Cons

Work life balance is a struggle. Have to work long hours, many weekends and holidays. Short staffed makes it hard to complete primary work duties.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello there, thanks for leaving us a review. We are so glad to hear that you're delighting in your time with us at Morrison Community Living and that you share our values and mission. We're so grateful to have you on our team.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Executive Chef

Nov 18, 2017 - Executive Chef in North Canton, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, but doesn't justify the workload

Cons

Working up to 100hrs a week. average around 85hours. No work/life balance. Expected to be on call 24/7.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello – thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know our associates work extremely hard each and every day. If your manager isn't doing a satisfactory job of supporting you, please get in touch with our HR Support Team. Without your constructive contributions, we can't serve our residents well. Thanks for being a part of the Morrison Community Living family and taking time to provide constructive feedback.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company with a Great Purpose

Feb 24, 2017 - Director of Clinical Support in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

"We enrich the lives of seniors every day." Morrison Community Living stands by this statement of purpose. Food and nutrition services provided to clients are of the best quality. The company is a great one to work for - treating employees well and always on the cutting edge of innovation. The professional resources provided are outstanding.

Cons

Very few cons that I can think of. Sometimes the quantity of work expected makes it difficult to maintain work/life balance - but with good time management, this can be achieved.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hi there – thanks for making time to leave a review. We're thrilled to hear that you're thoroughly enjoying your experience with us and that you're devoted to living out our purpose. Thanks for making Morrison Community Living a great place to work!

8. 4.0

Director of Dining Services

Feb 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits Package Competitive Salary and Wages

Cons

WORK LIFE BALANCE WORK LIFE BALANCE WORK LIFE BALANCE

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hello there – thanks for leaving us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your experience with us and we appreciate your constructive feedback. Thanks for making Morrison Community Living a great place to work!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nutrition Care Manager

Feb 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Benefits Potential Room for Growth through all of Compass Group

Cons

Dont believe in work life balance.

Marketing and Communications Intern

Hi there – thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your constructive feedback, as it will help us to grow in a positive way. Thanks for being a part of the Morrison Community Living family!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Dining Service Director

Jun 15, 2016 - Dining Services Director in Cape Girardeau, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Structure At least I mostly got two days off a week Good Benefits

Cons

Expectations to work 55 hours a week, always cut labor. Poor work life balance Poor Support

Employer Representative

Hi there- thanks for leaving us a review. We're delighted to hear you were pleased with your structure and benefits. It is unfortunate that you felt your time with us, otherwise, was not what you'd desired. Your recommendations will help us maintain growth and support for our current employees. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews