Mortimer Spinks Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Mortimer Spinks Reviews

Updated Nov 28, 2018

Found 11 reviews

4.8
Mortimer Spinks CEO Robin Beattie (no image)
Robin Beattie
  1. "Love it!!"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in London, England

I have been working at Mortimer Spinks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great colleagues and they really value your input. You are very well looked after and understand you have a life outside of work and work with you to ensure you have a great home life balance. They invest in your future with them and I have always had support from my immediate manager and Director. I really couldn't fault them

Cons

I have not experienced anything that is negative

Mortimer Spinks2018-11-28
  2. "Changed my perception of how a recruitment company can operate"

Current Intern - Marketing Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Mortimer Spinks for less than a year

Pros

Such an amazing atmosphere and company culture, Joined as an intern and felt like part of the team almost instantly! So much support and opportunity to be creative and have ownership over you're work.

Cons

Cant think of many to be honest! Recruitment has a negative connotation especially when it comes working for a recruitment agency however Mortimer Spinks are changing the perception of how a recruitment company can operate.

Advice to Management

Keep letting people be creative and have ownership of thought leadership! Its working really well!

Mortimer Spinks2017-11-10
  3. "A fantastic company and one I would highly recommend"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Mortimer Spinks full-time

Pros

I joined Mortimer Spinks 2.5 years ago just after finishing university and I am so happy I found them. During my time there, I worked with some of the most incredible people I have ever met. I learned so much and everyone there was happy to help and guide me whilst me learning. The environment is lively and the culture very inclusive, with the work being very rewarding. I would highly recommend Mortimer Spinks to... anyone that is considering a career in recruitment; you'd be joining a close-knit and collaborative team, and whilst help is always at hand, the opportunity to work autonomously and manage your own desk is offered from the very beginning. They're also very innovative and are always open to hearing new ideas from team members on ways to improve the business and grow the brand. If you're willing to exchange hard work for a great salary, MS is the place to be!

Cons

The role is very fast-paced at times and can be a lot of hard work. Whilst you're rewarded for the time you put in, if you're not willing to give it your all, you will not succeed. This does mean working long hours at times and up against the clock, so you need the right mindset to deal with this. It's a good idea to think about whether you would thrive in a sales environment before considering a career in... recruitment, otherwise it may get the better of you.

Mortimer Spinks2017-10-20
  4. "Breaking the stereotype of a recruitment agency"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Mortimer Spinks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Joined fresh off a gap year, expecting a hard, aggressive sales structure; how wrong I was. My first job, and was given more support than I could have imagined. Originally thought I'd stay in recruitment for less than a year and use it as a platform to progress into the working world. Ended up staying 5 years due to an amazing atmosphere, good career progression, great friends and excellent progression. Spinks are... doing things the right way and leadership genuinely care about people succeeding as opposed to chucking people in and hoping they float. Couldnt recommend enough.

Cons

None that aren't associated with a sales role. Occasionally long hours. Can be stressful..

Advice to Management

Now in a digital agency, I'd completely scrap the dress code (although it's already relaxed in comparison to other sales roles).

Mortimer Spinks2017-08-18
  5. "MS: Forward thinking, Supportive, Success Driven an Excellent Career Choice."

Former Employee - Business Development in London, England

I worked at Mortimer Spinks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely motivated and successful team. Hands on and experienced management team. Fun and at times hilarious company culture/team. Office: Ridiculously impressive. Adaptable forward thinking business strategy. Lucrative growing Recruitment market.

Cons

Challenging career, not for the faint hearted. No guarantee of success, but if you have the right mind-set the team will support you. Competitive market

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt the way you do business within your market. Diversify the workforce, in terms of experience and education. Never let go of the work hard play harder attitude! Breakfast Club, Lunch Club, Team Nights out and of course the now legendary Ski Trip incentive.

Mortimer Spinks2017-08-17
  6. "Excellent training from sales and for life"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Mortimer Spinks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mortimer Spinks gave me a solid foundation and the right skills to prepare for a life in business and to build a career in sales and technology. I was fortunate to learn from some great mentors and the experiences I have gained will follow me wherever I go. The environment was meritocratic and fun along the way too. I strongly recommend working at MS.

Cons

General challenges of the industry

Mortimer Spinks2017-08-17
  7. "BEST COMPANY EVER!!"

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in London, England

I worked at Mortimer Spinks full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you do not make it as a recruitment consultant at Mortimer Spinks then it is entirely down to you. Which is perfect, as that is all you can ask of a recruitment consultancy. Mortimer Spinks provides all of the tools you need to become a top billing consultant. This includes one on one tutoring on how to sell as well as practical lessons on how to develop business. Furthermore, they also provide bespoke... business developing techniques exclusive to Mortimer Spinks. A trainee consultant will be supported by and learn from the team leader and director as well as a number of successful consultants. The team leader and director are the two best bosses I have ever had. Also, the London team are a great punch of people. The atmosphere in the office is fun and supportive. As a resourcer at Mortimer Spinks, I made more money than any of my friends from university including those who graduated a year or two before me. Also the hours at Mortimer Spinks are flexible and better than other recruitment firms. I did not find the hours to be bad at all, perhaps this is just me. I cannot rate Mortimer Spinks high enough as a company to work for. If you are offered a job at this company, take it!!

Cons

Your heart has to be 100% aimed at wanting to become a recruitment consultant as well as being money motivated otherwise the job can lack purpose. I would say this is a generic problem with recruitment opposed to Mortimer Spinks. Additionally, recruitment can be repetitive. I must state that Mortimer Spinks have a number of incentives to help combat the two above Cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Mortimer Spinks2016-11-20
  8. "I became Director after just 8 years"

Director in London, England

I have been working at Mortimer Spinks for more than 8 years

Pros

- A brand which is established as not just a recruitment company, but as a partner to cutting edge tech giants and institutions - Strong commission structure - up to 30% on contracts and perm, which perm also having an accelarator 45% scheme - Very simple progression...if you hit your targets, you will be promoted, paid more and then set the next target to get to the next stage - Results driven rather than KPI... driven - Autonomy over your day rather than micro-management - Great culture and people - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Recruitment is tough...there is no getting away from this! There are so many variables involved within the recruitment life cycle that it can become overwhelming, frustrating and quite simply you will go home wanting to bang your head against the wall sometimes. Those who are able to manage the various obstacle the jobs throws at you the best, are the ones who will succeed. - Whilst Mortimer Spinks do try to... maintain the work life balance, recruitment is a job which can have you online all the time, so this may put some people off.

Mortimer Spinks2016-09-28
  9. "Good first job"

I have been working at Mortimer Spinks

Pros

Great people, relaxed social environment, not kpi obsessed

Cons

poor commission structure, old fashioned with bd

Advice to Management

evolve

Mortimer Spinks2016-06-29
  10. "Excellent company & brand to work for"

I worked at Mortimer Spinks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work environment with strong management; top performers highly rewarded

Cons

Success can initially depend greatly on the desk/market you work on

Advice to Management

Fast-track potential leaders

Mortimer Spinks2015-11-02