Mr Green Reviews

Updated 8 Jul 2020

Mr Green CEO   Patrick Jonker  (no image)
Patrick Jonker

"Will not recommend Mr Green as future employer"

2.0
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Malta, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Mr Green full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friday beers, multicultural environment, fun team buildings

Cons

Stressful workplace, employees quit often, not enough stuff.

Continue reading
  2. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Gaming Compliance Specialist in Sliema

I have been working at Mr Green full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff are looked after, Office Management and Human Resources are always available. Felt comfortable from day 1

Cons

Lacking in staff numbers in a few departments

June 17, 2020Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback! So glad to see that your felt comfortable working with us since day one! I can see on your review that you're still employed with us, if there's any further feedback you'd like to address with us, please approach anyone from HR team, discuss it with your manager or post your suggestion in our monthly anonymous survey as we want to improve our workplace and make it a place for everyone to feel great. You mentioned that some departments are lacking staff, we're working hard on that, even in difficult times of covid restrictions, we have plenty of new roles each month and we are increasing headcounts in various departments, especially in our Malta office. Thanks again for your feedback and honesty, Mikolaj JK

3. "Overall net positive, but not without issues"

Current Employee - Accountant in Sliema

I have been working at Mr Green full-time

Pros

High energy and fast-paced, never a duly moment, always learning something new, many opportunities to develop your skillset.

Cons

Very cliquey management, culturally some departments are given preference over others (this has improved recently). My biggest problem is the lack of proper communication between departments (significant amount of silos) which takes a particularly strong character to break through in order to achieve collaboration.

June 17, 2020Head of Talent

Thank you for your review! Communication between departments may be challenging especially in a fast-paced growing organisation, spread across few locations around the world. Last months (working during a lockdown, fully remotely) showed us though massive success of our collaboration and great engagement across the teams, which we're extremely proud of! I can see on your review that you're still employed with us, if there's any further feedback you'd like to address with us, please approach anyone from HR team, discuss it with your manager or post your suggestion in our monthly anonymous survey as we want to improve our workplace and make it a place for everyone to feel great. Thanks again for your feedback and dedication, Mikolaj JK

"Not recomended at all"

I worked at Mr Green full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free breakfast ad nothing else I can think of

Cons

The number of people leaving or being asked to leave amazed me from the very beginning. All the talking about how they value you means nothing. The so-called friendly atmosphere is just a mask. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

June 26, 2020Head of Talent

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I am really sorry to hear that you do not recommend Mr Green as an employer. We do our best to create a friendly environment in which everyone has got equal chance to grow, contribute and belong. We’re proud of the inclusive and diverse culture we have created here, one that has never tolerated discrimination of any kind. In light of our commitment here at WH International we have organised multiple Unconscious Bias training sessions and D&I workshops for both our colleagues and managers since the launch of WHI D& I strategy a year ago. We also coach our leaders on how to be mindful of their unconscious bias, and how they can act to overcome it whilst recruiting on separate D&I recruitment training sessions. From the feedback we have got, this has proven to be an eye opener and very helpful to our line managers. Also, I can assure that our turnover rates are no higher than an average in the gaming industry in Malta. Every resignation makes us sad and I will not deny that some employees do not pass probation and need to leave us - it is always a difficult decision to make though and something that we'd prefer to avoid doing. There is always a valid reason behind these cases, which doesn't make it easier anyway. Thanks again for your time working with us. Best regards, Mikolaj JK HR team

"Good entry point to iGaming - Not a place you wanna stay"

I worked at Mr Green full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing colleagues which will turn out to be good friends!

Cons

Awful pay - The worst back offices and processes that I've touched, customers have a valid reason to be disappointed with handling times. - HR is a joke - Do not expect to see any of the benefits they promote. - Just stay away if you already have experience in iGaming, this is not somewhere you want to go if you have been working with it previously.

June 17, 2020Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you made great friendship whilst working for us. Sorry though that your overall experience was not great. I wish you would have been more specific in order for us to self-reflect more and improve. In which aspects are we a joke? Which benefits have you not been able to claim? Please note all benefits are granted to all full-time employees from day 1, you receive full health and travel insurance, income protection coverage, sports benefit, free fitness classes and much more. We haven't stopped these benefits even in times of covid restrictions. We'd like to know what stopped you from claiming these benefits. I can see you are also mentioning inefficient processes and back offices in your department - I truly hope you raised these issues with your team manager and raised your voice to help us all, as we all create the processes and we all create change - change starts at every level of organisation and we all contribute to improvements in our company. I can see on your review that you're not employed with us anymore, if there's any further feedback you'd like to still address with us, please feel free to email our HR team as we want to improve our workplace and make it a place for everyone to feel great and to grow professionally. In case you are still employed with us, please note there are many ways in which you can share your feedback - directly with HR or with your manager or anonymously in our monthly survey. Thanks again for your feedback, Mikolaj JK Head of Talent / HR

"For your own good stay away"

I worked at Mr Green full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can earn a salary without doing a lot

Cons

Breakfast and beer Fridays might be appealing in the beginnning, but the allure soon washes off, especially once you start dealing with management. The company boasts of promoting leaders internally, but the harsh reality is that most of them are already incompetent for the jobs they were doing, without serious expertise or experience. They have no clue what is happening in their sections, but this is expected since most of them have been promoted from customer support. Incompetence is strife across the entire company. Compliance is another jungle as most people have no idea what is going on and don't even understand reports and KPIs. They simply forward information that is being pushed BI, without checks and validations, when even the latter have inadequate processes in how they procure data. HR is non existent. Worst HR by a long shot. They use a system which is called Peakon where people can "voice" their opinion, but it's just another system, cause HR don't ever take any action. They say they have a clear salary structure, but they reward people with less experience, skills, or without any qualifications with higher salaries than employees who are equipped with these skills. HR are more focused to deliver training about leadership (which doesn't work out), and other fancy topics, but don't address the rampant turnover hampering some sections. They are just able to provide yoga and cross fit sessions, because they have key interest, especially in the latter. Bureaucracy is strife across all departments and no one takes ownership of their tasks. In some teams, especially Product and Data, they are clueless about priorities and deliveries. They simply play politics and pass ball between different departments. If you want to be promoted quickly, even though you don't have the essential skills, then this is the company for you, especially since with the rampant turnover your opportunities to be rewarded a senior position are increased. You might also be promoted for not doing anything, since the way this company rewards incompetence is by hiring more people.

June 18, 2020Head of Talent

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I want to assure you that we take it seriously and we already discussed internally some of the points you raised. One of these points relates to internal recruitment - even though we have very structured internal mobility process, ensuring fairness and best candidate's fit, we decided to review it again and discuss best practises with HR and managers. I can see you are also mentioning inefficient processes, bureaucracy, lack of competence in some departments - I truly hope you raised these issues with your team manager and raised your voice to help us all, as we all create the processes and we all create change - change starts at every level of organisation and we all contribute to improvements in our company. Thanks again for your feedback, Mikolaj JK Head of Talent / HR

"Worst company I worked for"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Mr Green full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the colleagues are very nice and helpful

Cons

1. Although at first it seems all is very structured, it is in fact chaotic. All processes take ages. You need to wait for little things to happen for days. Nothing happens without a request and approval from 2-3 levels of people. It is like the worst bureaucracy you could encounter. They say these are rules but are in fact ways to control everything like in a totalitarian regime. 2. Employees are more like subjects or robots. They boast things they have in the office like kitchen, outside terrace/deck but you are not allowed to use it at your own will. Unless you are with the laptop in your lap looking at the monitor, going to the terrace or kitchen to relax is actually frowned upon. You will be told (as I was) that "you should rather stay in front of the monitor and read something, instead of taking breaks". And as someone who works in front of monitors for long periods of time we all know you need more breaks than one or two in a day. In fact, legally, in some countries you are forced to take a break every hour if you work in front of a monitor. Not here. As I said, here you are "encouraged" to not take brakes but rather "stay in your chair in front of the monitor and read something" no matter if you have work to do or not. 3. Chairs are very uncomfortable. They have chairs from the 2000s very old style and hard on your back and neck. 4. Small & filthy bathrooms; too small and too few for the big number of employees with nobody cleaning the bathrooms during the day. Urine smell is quite obvious after the first few hours of the morning. Also some of the people who go to the bathroom do not wash their hands at all or just use water (without soap!!!) after being in the bathroom. I've seen more people not washing hands here in a month than in other places in years.

June 14, 2020Head of Talent

Thank you for your feedback. I am really sorry that your time with us was not the best one, I hope though that whilst working with us you gained work experience and met great colleagues (as you are mentioning at the beginning of your review) and the things you've learnt at Mr Green will help you in your future career. I must say I am truly surprised reading about your experience with your manager monitoring you closely and not being happy of you enjoying our perks and benefits. Trust me that we would not hire Engagement and Events Manager, we would not organise weekly lunch and weekly Friday beers as well as weekly fitness and yoga classes, we would also not purchase mindfulness App for every employee and would not organise wellbeing webinars each month, if our employees can not enjoy these activities and decide about their work-life balance. As a member of HR team, I can confirm that we never had reports of employees complaining about their managers not allowing them using company perks - I wish you would have reported it to us during your team with Mr Green (officially or anonymously in our feedback platform) as in that case we would be able to action upon that and speak to that manager. Feel free to contact us by email and share more details so we can investigate it further. Again, thank you for your time at Mr Green and all the best for the future.

8. "Fast paced"

I worked at Mr Green full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn a lot, benefits, cool office

Cons

High pressure, unfriendly team members, cliquey management

March 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

It is really great to hear that you learnt a lot with us and enjoyed our great benefits and cool office environment. I am sorry and surprised that you feel our teams are unfriendly. We really are really proud of our strong friendly and supportive culture we have in the office that is reflective of the monthly anonymous questionnaire feedback we receive. Our super friendly and approachable HR team is on hand at any time for any support that may be needed.

9. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Product Owner

I worked at Mr Green full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere Nice offices Opportunity to travel

Cons

Management not very focused on employees needs or development Micro-managed at times Lack of flexibility

"Don't get easily charmed by the nice appeal and free food - just check how many job posts are everywhere"

I worked at Mr Green full-time for more than a year

Pros

Modern office and quite interesting field of work. Friendly coworkers and multicultural teams.

Cons

It is really hard to summarize in a couple sentence everything what would be worth to share to have some clue how it actually is to work for this company. I share those thoughts also written by others here: ignorant, quickly promoted wannabe managers, without the background, expertise and wisdom (these should not be expected from 20-something youngsters). Nor people management, empathy or some EQ but these nowadays are lack for many. All about the ego and that shows through how they approach work and other people as well. It seems to be a nice place, but quickly shows how replacable you might be if not showing respect towards your superiors and management. It is ike a bipolar cult: showing something to the outside until you get on the hook but then the tone quickly turns around when you are already there.

March 4, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry that you feel this way but please let us clarify a few things. We are extremely passionate about training and internal development which is why all of our leaders complete a “leadership’ training to ensure they are fully trained and equipped with the information and skills. Our training does not stop there, we have a large selection of on going trainings covering a range of topics including leadership, communication workshops, unconscious bias and more. We are very passionate about offering a fair and diverse working environment. We are satisfied that this is the case as a result of anonymous monthly feedback from all employees which shows high employee engagement. In regards, to the vacancies we have open this is not a result of high turnover but more of a result of the fact we promote internally (25% of our vacancies are filled internally) and also we have some new opportunities as we are growing as an organisation.

Found 38 reviews