Murphy and Associates Reviews

Updated 5 Dec 2020

4.6
Murphy and Associates CEO Judd Murphy (no image)
Judd Murphy
1 Rating
  1. "Amazing."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Cypress, CA

I have been working at Murphy and Associates full-time

Pros

Great work culture, work hard play harder!

Cons

A lot of admin meetings

2. "Company review"

Former Employee - TPM

I worked at Murphy and Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are very transparent about their business.

Cons

Fewer number of opportunities available

September 26, 2019President

Thank you for taking the time to review Murphy & Associates. We take our transparency very seriously. While we may not always have the most opportunities available, we work very hard to place the right person in the right place. We are always looking for new clients. If you know of any send them our way!

3. "Terrific Company"

I worked at Murphy and Associates full-time

Pros

I worked with Murphy & Associates for over 2 and a half years, while on a project at Microsoft. I cannot say enough good things about this company. Their complete transparency won my trust over from day one, and I was sad to part ways with them when I landed a new job. During my time with them, they made it a point to meet with me in-person, once a month to check-in, and make sure everything is going well. Everyone I've worked with at the main office in Kirkland has been extremely nice, genuine and helpful. It was a terrific partnership, and I'd love to get a chance to work with them again in the future.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

January 25, 2018President

Wow! Thank you for the review. We are very appreciative of your recognition of our business model and our effort to bring honesty and integrity to the partnerships with our consultants. Best wishes on your current endeavor and we hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Thank you!

4. "Fine"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Murphy and Associates full-time

Pros

transparent wages that they break down for you by category.

Cons

their 401k plan is pretty limited

November 20, 2017President

Thank you for making time to review Murphy & Associates and recognizing our transparency as one of the many ways we distinguish ourselves from the many options you have. We appreciate the feedback on the 401k plan. We attempt to give our employees an extensive and fiduciarily responsible menu of investment options. If you would like to contact us directly, we would like to hear more about the limitations of the plan you have identified. Thank you!

"Great company to work for"

I worked at Murphy and Associates full-time

Pros

This is a very transparent company to work for.

Cons

The benefits may not me comprable to other similar organizations.

February 8, 2017President

Thank you for your feedback. Transparency is at the foundation of our business model, so we are really happy that you appreciate it. We hope to partner with you again in the future.

"Best consultant placing company on Eastside"

Project Coordinator in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Murphy and Associates for less than a year

Pros

Incredible staff. Experienced in the placement business and always seeking ways to make our group of consultants feel like a family. LOVE working for Murphy. Best billable to in-your-pocket hourly rate scheme I've ever seen with a placement company. I work as a vendor at Microsoft through Murphy & Associates and Murphy takes the same (LOW) percentage of my overall billed rate regardless of whether my rate goes up or down - so I can always count on what my paychecks will be and that they are being totally upfront with how much I am getting billed out at. The most money possible comes to my pocket. No surprises!

Cons

No benefits package other than getting to take advantage of the group medical rate. You pay premiums, however. They do have a 401K plan you can take advantage of but no matching or perks there either. Although - with excellent compensation - I see this as more of an expectation than a con and don't mind arranging my own benefits.

May 5, 2016President

Thank you for your great review. We are very pleased that working with us have been such a great experience for you. There is always a tension between providing benefits versus compensation. As you note, we emphasize compensation with the thought that you know the best way to spend your money. We don't want to burden anyone with unnecessary or unappreciated benefits. Thank you!

"Program Manager"

I have been working at Murphy and Associates

Pros

Good pay considering the market.

Cons

Very little support from management.

March 2, 2016President

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate the time you took to post the review and recognize our generous compensation plan. Supporting our consultants is a top priority at Murphy & Associates. Our flexible benefits package with opportunities to participate in our 401k retirement plan, Health, Dental, and/or Vision insurance, PTO (paid time off) supports our consultant various benefit needs. Offering access to online training supports our consultants career development. Our target response time to any questions is within a day and often within the hour. We schedule monthly check-ins to keep in touch with the work and lives of our consultants. Finally to build and support the trust of our consultants, we are always transparent in our communications and compensation. I’m sorry to hear that our efforts to support you have not met your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to hear specifics of where we have fallen short.

"Open company, no contract"

in San Jose, CA

I worked at Murphy and Associates for more than 3 years

Pros

Open and honest, they show all rates and what your cut will be. They have no contract, you stay because you want to.

Cons

They are a consultant based company, there are no cons. If you are looking for a decent income look here.

January 14, 2016President

It's great to hear that your 3+ years working for our company left such a positive impression. Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

"Consultant"

Consultant in Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at Murphy and Associates for more than a year

Pros

Good support, great transparency with contract bill rate vs. pay rate

Cons

Every contract I have been on I have brought into the company; they do not seem to have a good pipeline of upcoming opportunities

January 14, 2016President

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the high marks - we greatly appreciate it! Many of our employees do bring contracts our way and we are thankful for their loyalty, as well as their resourcefulness. We do have a solid pipeline of upcoming opportunities that we work on daily. Unfortunately, sometimes the list of current roles from our clients does not align well with what our employees are looking for, in terms of the type of work, timing, skills required, client location, and/or pay. When this happens, we encourage our employees to also leverage their networks so working together, we increase our chances of finding the next great role.

10. "Great consulting company"

Data Scientist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Murphy and Associates

Pros

They take very little off of the top for doing all of the HR work for you and are completely transparent about where the money goes.

Cons

I can't think of one.

August 5, 2015President

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience with Murphy & Associates has been so positive and greatly appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 English Reviews