Find jobs for Intern - Hourly

Michael Watkins
  1. "My review"

Current Employee - Space Microbiologist in New Delhi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Reputation of the company in the world

Cons

No downside for this company

2. "Helping hands are better than praying lips"

I worked at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent and the understanding atmosphere where we can focus on our carries

Cons

Hope we will get some time for studying

3. "com"

Current Employee - Computer Programmer in New Delhi

Pros

I want 100% of my mind in that company

Cons

I get a vacation from time

4. "Exciting and Detail-Oriented"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is incredibly exciting when looking at a large-scale mission perspective

Cons

Things move slowly, especially when dealing with flight hardware

5. "Exciting Work, Good Leadership, Low Salaries"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Pasadena, CA

Pros

JPL is one of the very few places in the world where you can work on exciting and rewarding space missions on a daily basis

Cons

Since JPL is an FFRDC, we are tied to the federal leadership at NASA level and higher up. The does not seem to be an overall/long term vision and the vision keeps changing, leaving JPL to scramble to offer relevant work. Since we are tied to Caltech for our management, Salaries are not very competitive and raises are very low or non-existent. There are no bonuses or stock options

Continue reading
  6. "perfect"

Former Employee - enseignant chercheur in New York, NY

I worked at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory part-time

Pros

I loved it, I recommend it to everyone. working at NASA is amazing

Cons

There aren't any it is a great place to work

7. "Good Job"

Current Employee - Engineering Graduate Student II in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible good environment good experience helpful coworkers interesting work

Cons

Lots of paperwork hoops to jump through

8. "not enjoyable"

1.0
    Current Employee - Janitor/Cleaner

I have been working at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory full-time

Pros

Met nice people. was enjoyable

Cons

pay was not high enough

9. "Great company overall, politics can be heavy-handed."

Current Employee - Enterprise Project Manager in Pasadena, CA

Pros

Good employee development, team building. Flexibility in working hours/condition.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult to maintain as missions and senior management continuously demand more of everything. I find myself working nights and weekends very often.

10. "If you want to help explore the solar system using robots, this is where you want to be"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Pasadena, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Working on one of a kind missions to explore the solar system and beyond with smart, hardworking coworkers. JPL feels like a college campus; you can arrange to have a lot of meetings outside, looking at the mountains (though not in the heat of the summer). Good work-life balance. The lab can be exceptionally supportive to employees who are having major life issues....generally if you've built up street cred and are known to be productive. On the technical side, a large range of career paths and job types, though some success is the luck of being in the right place at the right time.

Cons

Missions get cancelled, mission proposals get turned down. Workload can be overwhelming at times -- before delivering a proposal, or before major reviews, or leading up to/during critical mission events (e.g. launch or going into orbit around [fill in name of planet]. Pay is OK but not at tech company levels; newer employees and some older ones have a tough time with housing. Parking is horrid, the cafeteria is meh.

Found 513 reviews