Found 477 of over 6T reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with on a daily basis who are very talented and dedicated to getting things out right." (in 537 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and they have a lot of perks that you don't get other places." (in 458 reviews)
- "The environment and culture are great." (in 162 reviews)
- "great teams to work and collaborate with" (in 127 reviews)
- "They will constantly check up on you to see how you're doing and help wherever they can so you can have a good work/life balance." (in 108 reviews)
- "low pay (only $15/hour) and I don't know if it is negotiable" (in 222 reviews)
- "Long hours and not much other than that" (in 157 reviews)
- "Contract to onboarding process can be annoying if you have bad management" (in 142 reviews)
- "Low salaries with very small raises every year" (in 79 reviews)
- "Some managers are bad and hard to work for" (in 67 reviews)
Reviews about "great people"Return to all Reviews
- 4.022 Jan 2009Product ManagerFormer EmployeeUniversal City, CA
Fun fast paced industry, especially in the online digital space. Great people to work with on a daily basis who are very talented and dedicated to getting things out right. People are willing to mentor others as long as you seek them yourself. Great networking opportunities in and out of NBC Universal. Personal development is valued, although you must find opportunities on your own. Resume builder and name recognition is a definite plus. A unique opportunity to see across the media space from broadcast television, cable, sports, news, film, and the online arena as entertainment consumption grows. Behind the scenes opportunities at 30 Rock and Universal Studios.
The politics and bureaucracy can be draining and triple timelines. Conference calls to plan conference calls and meetings to plan meetings get tiresome. If you can manage these you'll be fine. The company is also very compartmentalized. Each group does it's own thing with little thought to how other properties in the company have built the same application. That atmosphere often results in the same end use applications being built differently with no consistency or platforms across the company. Work life balance can be tough for some. Late nights and long weekends are often overlooked by management when it comes time for a little extra time off.1
- 5.013 Jul 2014Marketing and Sales InternFormer Intern, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
It is a great way to learn about television and media. NBC Bay Area is a great group of people with years of experience in the industry
There were very few cons. I loved every minute of my internship. I would recommend this position to anyone who was interested in sales or marketing at a major corporation.