NCSA Next College Student Athlete Anonymous Reviews

Updated 23 Jun 2019

4.3
NCSA Next College Student Athlete President and COO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman
  1. "Fantastic Place Filled With Special People"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

At NCSA everyone is working towards the important mission of helping kids find the right college fit. The culture is amazing and we literally get to be part of a giant team filled with former college athletes. You'd think such a group could be cutthroat but to the contrary, I've never been in an environment where I felt more supported by my peers. We have the opportunity to compete with ourselves and to earn a great living while being in a fast paced, growing, fun environment and making a difference in many people's lives.

Cons

NCSA can be a challenging environment with lofty goals and high expectations. It can also be hard to find time to connect with busy families during the day which can cause some juggling or nontraditional hours. The company is quick to change things which takes some getting used to.

Continue reading

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

July 3, 2019HR

Thank you for your feedback and we also appreciate your advice! We are very happy to hear that you have experienced a great work environment while providing a great service to student-athletes and their families. You are right, it can be hard to connect with families due to their busy schedules, and we truly appreciate our teammates for putting in the work to help ensure we can accommodate the needs of our families and ultimately help them find the right college fit.

"Not more than a starter job"

2.0
    Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete for more than 3 years

Pros

1. A young and fun culture. Competitive atmosphere, turkey bowl, fun holiday parties. 2. Ability to work from home.

Cons

1. NCSA has lost its way. The job has become more about putting through anyone and everyone to increase the chances of profit than about really helping student athletes. 2. This is a high pressure sales role with unrealistic metrics and expectations. You WILL be working 8-6 every day and working weekends. Work life balance is non existent. 3. There is no career path, here. Management hand picks who they want to groom for promotions. If you're one of the boys, you're in luck. If not, you stand no chance. 4. Employees are grossly underpaid despite this company's explosive growth over the last two years. 5. Senior management does not care about the people on the floor busting their behinds to make this company successful. There are a lot of unrealistic reviews on here put through by management or HR. I worked at NCSA for a considerable amount of time and have noticed that many reviews have been deleted if they contained any sort of negativity.

Continue reading

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

November 30, 2018President

Thank you for the feedback although I wish you would have raised your frustrations directly, so we could have had an honest conversation vs an anonymous post. I’m sorry that you did not have a better experience during your 3+ years with the company. Senior management – I at the top of this list – truly does care about everyone within the organization. We have a deep appreciation for everyone who works hard and demonstrates our core values daily. We are intensely focused on continual improvement in several of the areas you mention – compensation, career path, work life balance, and it’s unfortunate to hear that you feel we are so off the mark. I wish you luck in whatever you are doing next.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews