NCSA Next College Student Athlete Financial Aid Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Financial Aid Coordinator Reviews

Lisa Strasman

"Financial Aid Coordinator"

Former Employee - Financial Aid Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility with hours if at full staff. If you just want to get started in the sports business and need the cash it is an easy in. You will work with some of the nicest people and although sometimes they lack professionalism, they are engaging.

Cons

You are a bill collecter. You feel as if you're doing more harm than good. It becomes apparent within a few weeks that you're misleading/scamming people. You will be put into situations repetitively where you are told brutal financial/relational sob stories and due to "contacts" or purely the volume of the calls you can't handle them appropriately. Quickly the people get escalated and then your choices are to cave... and be penalized by management or not cave and they threaten to sue... Which you are later penalized for as well. %25 of your day is lose-lose situations, %50 is unhappy customers that you must bend the truth to keep their money, and%25 is making adjustments that they're blindly agreeing to but will probably make them upset in the long run. Don't expect a raise without a fight.

Advice to Management

Pick a side. Either follow your core values and have open and honest communicatorn with customers and forfeit some profit. Or pick the shady business model and continue to get sued and watch your reputation continuously decline. Making FA do the dirty work is extremely unethical and the wishy-washy policy is apparent to families and doesn't build trust.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2018-01-20

"Growing Company with a Bright Future"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

NCSA is a very fast paced, exciting place to work. The people who work here are truly passionate about helping young athletes and kids accomplish their dreams. Having such a passion to help others isn't just seen in what we do for our families, but also how teammates interact with each other. It truly is a big family all working towards the same goal. The culture of NCSA is fun and exciting, making it not just a job... that I clock in and out to, but am excited to go into every single day. NCSA is constantly pushing me to set and reach new goals - constantly making me grow as a young professional. They continue to challenge me in new ways and there are always opportunities to move up and take on more responsibility. There are lots of fun company events centered around training that bring the whole company together so we can get to know our teammates better, as well as expand our skills and knowledge of other departments. The comradery and motivation to work towards company goals is unmatched by any other place I've been. The office is always buzzing with positivity and excitement. I'm able to achieve a healthy work life balance with a flexible schedule. The benefits are great, specifically the wellness reimbursement. Lastly, the company is always looking for advice and feedback and holds regular town halls in an open format to encourage feedback and communication.

Cons

Because NCSA is so young there is constant change in an effort to evolve to reach our goals. This can been seen as a pro, but also can be challenging if you aren't willing to push through a few rough patches during those transitions. Currently space is tight, but with plans of a move soon this will no longer be an issue!!

Advice to Management

Continue to move in the same direction that we are. Communication and transparency have improved drastically in the last 2 years that I've worked here. Continue to grow the company, but make sure growth is equal in all departments so we can provide world class service all around. Continue to build better relationships and understanding between the sales and operations side of things. This will only continue to... benefit our families and create less disconnect.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2015-08-26