NCSA Next College Student Athlete Head Recruiting Coach Reviews

Updated 15 Mar 2020

4.3
NCSA Next College Student Athlete President and COO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman

"Energetic and Self motivated"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home, being able to make my own calendar, flexibility, mobile

Cons

Turning into something I w as snt hired to do.

June 5, 2020EVP of Customer Success

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad to see you’re enjoying the many perks of remote work. I’d like to hear more about how the day-to-day responsibilities aren’t aligning with the job description and explanation you were given during the hiring and onboarding process. If you’re willing to share more details, please reach out. Thanks again!

"Love This Company and What We Do!"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote, flexibility, well-qualified peers (work side by side with so many former high level coaches and athletes), making a difference and having an impact on people's lives. Everyone in this company genuinely cares about helping kids find the right fit school. The bottomline is always brought to the forefront so that business side of things doesn't ever let us lose track of the ultimate goal and mission!

Cons

some weekend hours, some late nights, a lot of work to balance

November 20, 2019EVP Customer Success

Thank you for sharing such an awesome review with our current and future teammates! Making a difference is at the forefront of our mission here at NCSA. Although we know helping families can be a lot to balance sometimes, we are extremely grateful to have dedicated teammates that are willing to go above and beyond for our families.

"Do you like to help people? - this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

get to talk your sports passion/expertise and share it with others, flexible hours, supportive bosses, great work team, enthusiastic leadership, good training programs,

Cons

At times it seems like NCSA wants it all at times, which makes for shifting priorities

October 14, 2019EVP of Customer Success

We want to continue to attract teammates that share your same passion for the role, so we are grateful for your feedback. We also appreciate your advice! Your suggests were very insightful. Please feel free to share your feedback with us often to help us improve.

"Head Recruiting Coach"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Appleton, WI

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Helping families, Changing Lives, Fair Compensation and being able to have flexible hours to also a have family time.

Cons

I have been here for 9 years. With that being said, I cant think of any.

"Head Football Recruiting Coach"

Current Employee - Head Football Recruiting Coach
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Flexibility, Benefits, Training, Personal Attention, World Class Service

Cons

Hours, Non-realistic families, Constant change

"HRC"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexibility with the work schedule. The ability to set your own schedule is great when you have kids or coach. They have your back, like a team would.

Cons

Bonuses are dependent on customers satisfaction. Feels like the sales team is over paid (understands their role) however, as a HRC sometimes we are working with our clients for 6+ years. Huge client load and many loving parts. Fast moving company.

March 15, 2017VP of Client Services

Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad you recognize that your team has your back. That is such a great part about our NCSA culture. As you note, we are a fast moving company and compensation and rewards are always high on our priority list. Thanks again for the input.

"If you love sports - there is no better place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to change lives each day - legitimately helping kids who may not normally have a chance to go to college or compete at that level & guide them through the process.

Cons

Each day is a new challenge, you are working primarily with teenagers - which can have it own's inherent struggles. It is a constantly-changing environment based on your client load.

March 21, 2017VP of Client Services

Thanks for your review and for your 5 years of dedication to helping our families. Our Recruiting Coach department has an important job of guiding and educating our student-athletes throughout their path to college, and we’re glad to have you on our team. Keep up the great work! And we’ll continue to listen, so please keep the feedback and ideas coming.

8. "Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people that work here are amazing! We all want to help these young people achieve their goals! We work hard to stay on top of changes in our industry and pass that knowledge onto our customers!

Cons

Sometimes the hours necessary to do the job.

"Late Nights, Low Pay & Robotic Script Readers"

1.0
    Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

- Talk Sports -Work from home - Advancement because people leave frequently. - Go starting place for young graduates not for a career.

Cons

-They give you scripts so you can be yourself to help kids. -Some employees work remote but still work late night and weekends. -Preach Value but most families don't see it. -Don't listen to employees review (such as this) - Frequent changes not necessarily for the better. - Assuming there is consent but they record every phone call with families (hope they know) most families would not be happy.

February 20, 2017VP of Client Services

I appreciate your feedback and agree strongly that it’s important that we let our teammates bring their own personality, experience and personal touch into helping our families. Our outlines are simply meant to help provide a guide for structuring our calls. We will continue to work hard to ensure the team understands we value their experience and want their help to bring our coaching sessions to life. I’m sorry to hear you feel your only opportunity for growth is if someone leaves. Our turnover rates are actually average or below average for certain departments, but as you know, NCSA overall is also growing, which means lots of opportunities for people to step up and move up at the company! Regarding hours, we do our best to be very upfront about the schedule and hours our team has to work in order to be available when our families are available and are reaching out to us. We will keep your feedback in mind for future hires so they fully understand when they are working their 40 hours per week. If you have any other concerns, I encourage you to bring them up directly to your supervisor or to our HR team so we can help improve your personal overall job satisfaction, and for future teammates as well.

"Head Baseball Recruiting Coach"

Head Baseball Recruiting Coach

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete

Pros

Awesome atmosphere. Great team environment. Flexible hours as you make your own schedule. Comfort of working Remotely from home. Ge to help families make a huge decision for their children.

Cons

I honestly have not found a con about this company or job yet.

Found 16 reviews