NCSA Next College Student Athlete Recruiting Coach Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

NCSA Next College Student Athlete CEO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman

"Great work place!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team Environment Remote work Always looking to improve

Cons

Sometimes you feel like your salary is not worth the amount of time/effort you put in.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-09-17
  2. "Head Recruiting Coach"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Appleton, WI

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Helping families, Changing Lives, Fair Compensation and being able to have flexible hours to also a have family time.

Cons

I have been here for 9 years. With that being said, I cant think of any.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2018-08-28

"Recruiting Coach"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coach

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+Working from home. +Making your own schedule.

Cons

Management is always changing what we should focus on.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2018-08-28

December 21, 2018EVP of Customer Success

Thanks for your review and your 3+ years of helping families as a Recruiting Coach. We willtake your feedback into account going into 2019.

"HRC"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexibility with the work schedule. The ability to set your own schedule is great when you have kids or coach. They have your back, like a team would.

Cons

Bonuses are dependent on customers satisfaction. Feels like the sales team is over paid (understands their role) however, as a HRC sometimes we are working with our clients for 6+ years. Huge client load and many loving parts. Fast moving company.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2017-03-09

March 15, 2017VP of Client Services

Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad you recognize that your team has your back. That is such a great part about our NCSA culture. As you note, we are a fast moving company and compensation and rewards are always high on our priority list. Thanks again for the input.

5. "Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

The people that work here are amazing! We all want to help these young people achieve their goals! We work hard to stay on top of changes in our industry and pass that knowledge onto our customers!

Cons

Sometimes the hours necessary to do the job.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2017-02-07

"Late Nights, Low Pay & Robotic Script Readers"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

- Talk Sports -Work from home - Advancement because people leave frequently. - Go starting place for young graduates not for a career.

Cons

-They give you scripts so you can be yourself to help kids. -Some employees work remote but still work late night and weekends. -Preach Value but most families don't see it. -Don't listen to employees review (such as this) - Frequent changes not necessarily for the better. - Assuming there is consent but they record every phone call with families (hope they know) most families would not be happy.

Advice to Management

Let the head recruiting coaches who talk to athletes be themselves. If they have points to talk about fine but a script takes the personal feel away! We were hired because of experience and our backgrounds coaching it is limited when we have to focus on the script. Anyone can read from a script. Take employees comments to heart if one person says it it's likely 10% of more of the company feels that way.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2017-02-13

February 20, 2017VP of Client Services

I appreciate your feedback and agree strongly that it’s important that we let our teammates bring their own personality, experience and personal touch into helping our families. Our outlines are simply meant to help provide a guide for structuring our calls. We will continue to work ...

"Overall, Happy Employee!"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach

Pros

LOVE the employees! I have met life long friends here. Managers are supportive and will help develop you professionally. Schedule is VERY flexible.

Cons

The pay is hands down the worst part to this job. Though, scheduling is very flexible, many late night and weekend hours are required.

Advice to Management

Continue to work to put together a better compensation package. The pay and cost of living in Chicago do not match with this company.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2016-10-26

"Awesome sports company"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to help students with life changing college decisions on a daily basis. The training I have received in the first several months is very thorough. Management has consistently shown a willingness to listen and change things that need changing. Getting to work from home right away is also a big plus.

Cons

Can be some odd hours, have to work at times that families can talk on the phone, so several nights/weekends, but that can be balanced by working from home.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2016-08-18
  9. "The best service"

Former Intern - Recruiting Coach in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete for less than a year

Pros

They will help you especially if your committed to playing college ball.. They keep it real and tell you whats best.

Cons

There really isn't any cons. The service is really great and the employees are really friendly and they're great to work with

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2015-10-03

"Great Culture, underpaid staff"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

Culture, flexibility, work place atmosphere, and teammates

Cons

Customer service department is underpaid.

Advice to Management

Show more value in the customer service department.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2015-10-06