NCSA Next College Student Athlete Reviews

Updated 31 Jul 2020

3.9
NCSA Next College Student Athlete President and COO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman

"Do you like to help people? - this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

get to talk your sports passion/expertise and share it with others, flexible hours, supportive bosses, great work team, enthusiastic leadership, good training programs,

Cons

At times it seems like NCSA wants it all at times, which makes for shifting priorities

October 14, 2019EVP of Customer Success

We want to continue to attract teammates that share your same passion for the role, so we are grateful for your feedback. We also appreciate your advice! Your suggests were very insightful. Please feel free to share your feedback with us often to help us improve.

"Solid"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Remote opportunities.. speaking about sports

Cons

Hours can be long, Leads get better with tenure

October 14, 2019VP of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Lead distribution is always something we are evaluating with the goal of rewarding coordinators that can find consistency within the role. Our management team will continue to work on carrying out the right incentives that align with the impact of the recruiting coordinator day to day.

"Wonderful Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

NCSA has terrific leadership, and most importantly, they have your best interests at heart. They are led by genuinely good people who want to help both student-athletes on their path-to-college and employees with their career. This is a growing company with a great mission. There's a dynamic energy in the office with many enthusiastic young people who make NCSA a fun place to work.

Cons

There are some natural growing pains that have created new challenges for the company, but the leadership is working through them.

October 2, 2019President

Thank you for your review! It’s an honor to be part of such an incredible team. We appreciate your feedback and dedication.

"Great place to work if you are willing to put in the work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are great benefits to working at NCSA. If you learn the craft, take coaching seriously and are willing to work, you can be successful. If you work hard right from the get go, it will go noticed. If you complain right from the get go and expect instant gratification, it doesn't work that way.

Cons

It's competitive. If you don't like to compete, can't bounce back from a bad day, week or month and have no idea how to over come adversity, it might not be for you.

October 2, 2019VP of Recruiting

Thank you for your review and for your advice to our current and future teammates! We encourage healthy competition at NCSA and see it at work every day.We truly appreciate your advice to management and will keep this in mind.

"Great work place!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team Environment Remote work Always looking to improve

Cons

Sometimes you feel like your salary is not worth the amount of time/effort you put in.

October 2, 2019EVP of Customer Success

We greatly appreciate the hard work and dedication of our Recruiting Coaches and are glad you are enjoying your experience. Thank you for your review!

"Terrible unprofessional old boys club"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

none, they underpay; violate federal work guidelines by forcing you work overtime ... if you are not part of the club you are disregarded and taken advantage of

Cons

working here is all a sham, they post false advertisement; offer work laptop - but then tell you thats after a year of employment while leaving that out of the description... They discriminate against speaking spanish, instead of paying employees better for this much needed resource, they look down upon it.

October 28, 2019VP of Recruiting

It sounds like NCSA was just not a good fit for you, and that is okay. NCSA does not tolerate discrimination of any sort. We want Spanish speaking teammates to speak Spanish when it is necessary to communicate with families. If any of our current Spanish speaking teammates have concerns, please come and talk to me directly so that we can come up with a solution. Thank you for your feedback.

7. "Good company, must be ready to make a lot of calls and sell"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete

Pros

Really treat employees well, other companies can learn from them.

Cons

Have to work long, long hours to make a lot of money. But you will have good compensation for 45 hour weeks

September 16, 2019VP of Recruiting

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your compliments on how we treat our teammates; we’re all part of the same team and teammate satisfaction is important to us

"My Experience was transformative and positive."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete

Pros

The culture of athleadership made me feel like I was part of a team with a goal to change lives through the power of sports.

Cons

As in any fast growing company - change is eminent and adapting and embracing change comes with the territory. With change comes many opportunities for growth.

August 29, 2019President

Thank you for your review. Changing lives daily is one of the best parts of being a teammate here at NCSA…that, and the amazing people who strengthen our sports-oriented culture! We wish you the best of luck as you continue to grow as a professional.

9. "Full Time Employee"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’m not sure how to give any pros after what happened to me. You can kind of dress casual, which is a plus.

Cons

There is very little respect for employees. I can tell you that if you are hired as a Recruiting Coordinator, you are just a number - and this is coming from someone who is aware of the recruitment process. This is a good company for those who are looking to spend all day on the phones and make no money. In addition, they have no respect for employee disabilities, so be careful if you have any issues.

September 12, 2019HR

Dear Former Teammate, It’s disappointing that your experience was not a positive one. Unfortunately, however, there are times when an individual’s and a company’s expectations just are not a fit. The work we do at NCSA is fast-paced and has a huge impact and with that comes certain standards of performance and reliability. We can promise you, we know that the greatest part of NCSA and the reason for any success is our amazing teammates. We have a fierce respect for each other and for what our team accomplishes on a day in and day out basis. We also take great pride in ensuring flexibility for individuals with specific needs, as long as, in turn they are committed to performing and being a great teammate. We wish you all the best in finding an organization that hopefully is a better fit. And here’s to hoping that you will still be able to dress casually! Our best to you, NCSA Management

"Nice Entry Level Work"

Current Employee - Support Team Member

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete part-time

Pros

Great company, nice office, great people

Cons

Not many perks that actually show (for full time employees), little work/life balance

July 17, 2019HR

Thank you for the feedback! I suggest you speak with your direct manager regarding your schedule and any challenges you may be having. We do offer a variety of perks for full-time team members including laptop reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, work from home opportunities and more. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to stop by HR. We are always happy to help!

Found 343 reviews