NCSA Next College Student Athlete Senior Recruiting Coach Reviews

Updated 15 Mar 2020

4.3
NCSA Next College Student Athlete President and COO Lisa Strasman
Lisa Strasman

"Energetic and Self motivated"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home, being able to make my own calendar, flexibility, mobile

Cons

Turning into something I w as snt hired to do.

June 5, 2020EVP of Customer Success

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad to see you’re enjoying the many perks of remote work. I’d like to hear more about how the day-to-day responsibilities aren’t aligning with the job description and explanation you were given during the hiring and onboarding process. If you’re willing to share more details, please reach out. Thanks again!

"Love This Company and What We Do!"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote, flexibility, well-qualified peers (work side by side with so many former high level coaches and athletes), making a difference and having an impact on people's lives. Everyone in this company genuinely cares about helping kids find the right fit school. The bottomline is always brought to the forefront so that business side of things doesn't ever let us lose track of the ultimate goal and mission!

Cons

some weekend hours, some late nights, a lot of work to balance

November 20, 2019EVP Customer Success

Thank you for sharing such an awesome review with our current and future teammates! Making a difference is at the forefront of our mission here at NCSA. Although we know helping families can be a lot to balance sometimes, we are extremely grateful to have dedicated teammates that are willing to go above and beyond for our families.

"Do you like to help people? - this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

get to talk your sports passion/expertise and share it with others, flexible hours, supportive bosses, great work team, enthusiastic leadership, good training programs,

Cons

At times it seems like NCSA wants it all at times, which makes for shifting priorities

October 14, 2019EVP of Customer Success

We want to continue to attract teammates that share your same passion for the role, so we are grateful for your feedback. We also appreciate your advice! Your suggests were very insightful. Please feel free to share your feedback with us often to help us improve.

"Great work place!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

Team Environment Remote work Always looking to improve

Cons

Sometimes you feel like your salary is not worth the amount of time/effort you put in.

October 2, 2019EVP of Customer Success

We greatly appreciate the hard work and dedication of our Recruiting Coaches and are glad you are enjoying your experience. Thank you for your review!

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coach in Rochester, NY

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

Allow you to work remote. Great culture and a clear vision.

Cons

Weekend and evening hours are expected

December 21, 2018EVP of Customer Success

Thank you for the compliments on the work culture! We hope to make things even better. Yes, for your particular position weekends and evening hours are expected and we thank you for the time that you have put in to help student-athletes compete at the next level.

"Head Recruiting Coach"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Appleton, WI

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Helping families, Changing Lives, Fair Compensation and being able to have flexible hours to also a have family time.

Cons

I have been here for 9 years. With that being said, I cant think of any.

"Senior Recruiting Coach"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, great teammates, beautiful offices, ability to provide input and shape direction of service plans, ability to work remotely, rewarding to work with and help families that really need it...

Cons

Salary numbers are below market value which makes it feel like you are not being paid fairly for the work you are doing.

December 19, 2018VP of Team Resources

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our compensation plan and benefits for our Recruiting Coach (member services) department. As you know, Project Moneyball was rolled out less than a year ago, and was an extensive research project on compensation and career pathing. Salary is a big item we looked at, but we also evaluated bonuses, benefits, career path and much more to ensure your overall package was competitive. And while Project Moneyball is complete, we’re always open to hearing more feedback on ways to improve our comp and benefits, so come see me anytime!

"Recruiting Coach"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coach
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

+Working from home. +Making your own schedule.

Cons

Management is always changing what we should focus on.

December 21, 2018EVP of Customer Success

Thanks for your review and your 3+ years of helping families as a Recruiting Coach. We willtake your feedback into account going into 2019.

"Head Football Recruiting Coach"

Current Employee - Head Football Recruiting Coach
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Flexibility, Benefits, Training, Personal Attention, World Class Service

Cons

Hours, Non-realistic families, Constant change

"HRC"

Current Employee - Head Recruiting Coach in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexibility with the work schedule. The ability to set your own schedule is great when you have kids or coach. They have your back, like a team would.

Cons

Bonuses are dependent on customers satisfaction. Feels like the sales team is over paid (understands their role) however, as a HRC sometimes we are working with our clients for 6+ years. Huge client load and many loving parts. Fast moving company.

March 15, 2017VP of Client Services

Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad you recognize that your team has your back. That is such a great part about our NCSA culture. As you note, we are a fast moving company and compensation and rewards are always high on our priority list. Thanks again for the input.

Found 28 reviews