Find jobs for Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Updated 6 Mar 2020

4.4
NYU Langone Health Dean & CEO Robert I. Grossman
Robert I. Grossman
  1. "Great benefits and opportunities"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time

Pros

As a postdoc: great benefits, opportunities to grow professionally, access to leaders in their fields, opportunities and encouragement to network beyond NYU as well

Cons

As true almost anywhere, have to be self-motivated and strategic to get the most out of it.

NYU Langone Health2020-03-06
  2. "Publications"

Former Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow

I worked at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent opportunity to be a part of something meaningful. You really feel like your work is going to change the world.

Cons

No pay. No meal voucher

NYU Langone Health2019-02-28

NYU Langone Health Response

July 10, 2019Candidate Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of NYU Langone Health! We are grateful for your more than two years of service with us. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovative research. As a world class academic medical center, we are committed to equipping our employees with the resources they need to accomplish meaningful work. At NYU Langone Health, we value the continuous growth and development of every member of our community and promote a culture of positivity and appreciation. Postdoctoral salaries are set by NIH guidelines. We aim to provide our employees with top-notch benefits including our employee discounts at our cafés throughout the organization. Please feel free to contact us at connect@nyulangone.org if you would like to speak further.

3. "Initial thoughts as a Postdoc at NYU"

Postdoctoral Research Fellow in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NYU Langone Health for less than a year

Pros

Well respected institute in the heart of NYC. Great opportunity to build research career alongside some very talented and bright individuals. Postdocs also have access to excellent career development services which help build their CVs and achieve their career aspirations. Also good medical benefits.

Cons

As a postdoc, always a risk of feeling like a small cog in a large machine.

NYU Langone Health2016-11-14

"Plush"

Former Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in New York, NY

I worked at NYU Langone Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is lots of departmental support, enthusiastic start-up incubator, recently acquired giants in the research community.

Cons

Some spending seems unnecessary and wasteful, maybe others would consider it investment?

NYU Langone Health2016-07-13

NYU Langone Health Response

August 2, 2016Talent Acquisition Engagement Specialist

Thanks for sharing your review. I appreciate your recommendation and positive outlook of the organization. NYU Langone constantly strives to ensure our employees are inspired and engaged to do their best work every day to deliver their best to their patients who count on us, so, I am happy to hear you experienced this as well as had the support from your department during your time at the organization. Before anything, NYU Langone is committed to remaining an organization that puts our patients first and believes our success comes from the dedicated staff across the organization who are essential to our ability to provide excellent patient care. Thank you again and I want to wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Good place to do a neuroscience postdoc, though can't avoid the downsides of a postdoc"

4.0

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work in neuroscience, and NYU has quickly become a top place for this field. It has a diverse mix of research, with both established giants and fantastic up-and-coming young PIs. It is a dynamic and exciting community, and New York City is generally a fantastic place for neuroscience right now.

Cons

NYU can't avoid the general downsides of postdoctoral positions, and everything depends pretty heavily on the laboratory PI, culture, resources, funding, etc. But postdocs know what they're getting into, so that won't come as a surprise. NYUMC does have a lot of bureaucracy. I went to a smaller, more focused school for my PhD, which had some advantages for the scientific staff. But the work/life/social culture at NYU is generally quite good amongst the researchers.

NYU Langone Health2014-10-27
  6. "POst"

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great infrastructure, great location, excellent research, and excellent medical services. Wonderful staff/employees at every level. Postdoctoral research program is one of the best in the country.

Cons

Reimbursements for expenses always take a very long time to come through for employees

NYU Langone Health2013-10-06
  7. "Great place to advance career in science"

4.0

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great research facilities, collaboration opportunities, lots of career resoures and social activities for postdocs.

Cons

PI controls everything, the whole experience might be very different depending on the lab, talk to lab members before joining a lab.

NYU Langone Health2013-07-17

"Overall a positive environment"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

In general, many colleagues are very nice to work with

Cons

Payroll and benefit personnel can sometimes be frustrating to deal with; Post-doc salary can be higher

NYU Langone Health2013-02-18
  9. "pleasant and fruitful"

Former Employee - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in New York, NY

I worked at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

friendly and open academic atmosphere. sponsors H1B.

Cons

performance of different labs varies.

NYU Langone Health2012-10-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews