NYU Langone Health Staff RN Reviews

NYU Langone Health Dean & CEO Robert I. Grossman
Robert I. Grossman
  1. "Job experience"

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Facility was nice and had a modern feel

Cons

preceptor was very condescending and bipolar

2. "amazing hospital"

5.0

I worked at NYU Langone Health full-time

Pros

amazing facilities and resources, opportunities to move up, good nurse residency program, evidence based care, good culture and teamwork

Cons

i do not have any

3. "Terrible management, great pay"

2.0

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

top tier pay, great health insurance

Cons

they dont actually care about their employees. their brand is the most important thing to them. 401k match doesnt start until after 1 year of employment

4. "Good experience"

I worked at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay, great staff, new and very helpful technology

Cons

High nurse to patient ratios

5. "Mother Baby"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in New York, NY

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, pay, and time off

Cons

No differential for working weekends and not too much flexibility in scheduling

6. "Excellent- leadership encourages growth"

5.0

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employees work together as a team , they encourage you to get certified in your specialty area and give you bonuses at the end of the year!!

Cons

Leadership/ management at times play favoritism..

Continue reading
  7. "GOOD EXPERIENCE"

Former Employee - STaff Registered Nurse

I worked at NYU Langone Health full-time

Pros

great salary and enjoyable staff

Cons

long commute and some doctors are rude

8. "cool place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in New York, NY

I have been working at NYU Langone Health part-time

Pros

Co-workers get along well Great benefits

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get management to listen

9. "Great"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse

I have been working at NYU Langone Health part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Detail oriented, career advancement, education

Cons

None as it’s a great place to work

10. "Competitive RN Salary & Benefits. Could be better with other things."

I worked at NYU Langone Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Salary ranging from 90-100k, with opportunities to advance up the clinical ladder (Nurse Clinician, Sr. Nurse Clinician) for better pay and schedules. - Yearly bonus for certifications available. - Tuition reimbursements for graduate nursing degrees at NYU. - Modern, beautiful facilities (and somewhat-modern if you're not at the new Kimmel Pavilion). - Ambitious, intelligent, hard-working staff and community.

Cons

- No extra pay for charge nurses (something which seems to be standard in other Manhattan hospitals). This is also considering the no-brainer that some charge nurses are worked extremely hard, especially on more acute and critical-care floors. I've seen charge nurses regularly leave 1-2 hours after their shift has ended due to the number of emergencies and reports they need to attend to. - Nursing upper management can sometimes seem less than transparent. I worked during an important transitional period where nurses were being moved from Tisch Hospital over to Kimmel. Nurses who were training or hired to be on ICU floors were suddenly being told they would be shifted to non-ICU floors after weeks of speculation and rumors. Ironically, many of these same nurses ended up being recalled back to the ICU months later because of poor staffing ratios, worsening patient outcomes, and increased pressure placed on nurse managers from disgruntled nurses. Throughout all of this, we only heard from upper management every once in a while. - I personally disliked working at the new Kimmel Pavilion. While it has great patient amenities and operating rooms, the layout of this enormous building makes it difficult to find help or devices. Unlike in Tisch where you could easily look into the hallway to request help, Kimmel's enormous hallways and dispersed nursing stations make it difficult to see anyone. It sometimes takes walking an entire lap around the building to find a single device. Camaraderie amongst staff is also affected because you rarely get to work next to the same person longer than 2 days in a row. You might be working at one nursing station one day and then the opposite side of the building the next. - This may be more of a culture issue, but I frequently saw travel nurses grow frustrated at the lack of collaboration between providers and nurses here. Travel nurses with close to 10 years of experience have reported getting their opinions or suggestions dismissed because they were newcomers. I've also experienced my fair share of negative, dismissive interactions with PA's and MD's that led to me escalating to my manager. Certain protocols regarding medicines and procedures are also more tightly regulated here, causing travel nurses to feel like they have less "autonomy" compared to other hospitals.

Found 43 reviews