Nando's UK & IRE Reviews

Found 1,113 of over 1K reviews

4.3
Nando's UK & IRE Managing Director Rob Papps
Rob Papps
Pros
  • "paid breaks and free food on shift(in 148 reviews)

• "Free meal every shift, friendly staff and management team(in 98 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and stressful at times(in 92 reviews)

• "Late nights and sometimes bad management(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

People company

13 Jun 2021 - General Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Feels like running your own business. Fantastic people. Fantastic support

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for your review. Amazing to see 5 stars and no cons!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best one

27 May 2021 - CSS-1
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best company to work for better life

Cons

There are nothing to say about company

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Always great to see 5 stars and no cons!

3. 5.0

Bbb

31 Jan 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not good at progression and other things

Cons

Good at work and atmosphere and besties

Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your review and sorry for the delay in responding. Great to see 5 stars but you've come through to Nando's UK we're afraid - we would suggest contacting our team in India directly if there are any concerns or points you'd like to raise >> https://www.nandosindia.com/contact-us

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing experience

11 Aug 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good environment health living

Cons

Hectic schedule odd times heavy projects

Nando's UK

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

5. 5.0

Fantastic but some drawbacks

2 May 2021 - First Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great emphasis on internal progression but sometimes the values do clash- told to be yourself but sometimes urged not to be can be quite confusing! Great free food allowance, awesome regionals before COVID, indaba is great for senior management and central support are always really helpful. Nice culture within the restaurant I work in- lovely hard working team who are really approachable and friendly. Reviews are good and help you develop yourself. Training was also great.

Cons

Technology! It’s so out of date in Nando’s and it does make the job so much harder sometimes. Very bad work life balance which breaks the law sometimes is a fairly big drawback. Never finish at your finish times, close opens where you’re finishing at 1am and back in at 7am, despite speaking to Patrao about this it never seems to be rectified. I know you’re supposed to have 11 hours rest between shifts but this can be rare with finish times between 9pm-1am, back in early morning. WhatsApp messages and groups constantly going off on days off and time off which can be exhausting, and phone calls on days off can be tiring too and lead to burnout. On the whole the pros out way the cons and this has been the best hospitality job I’ve ever had, but more emphasis on preventing close open shifts would be welcome.

1 person found this review helpful

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you're generally loving your time in the Nando's family, but we'd be more than happy to look further into your comments around hours and tech if you drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with your feedback and suggestions.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Why Nando's is great to work for

2 Jun 2021 - Back of House Staff in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The chance to grow within Nando's is offered to anyone who truly wants to grow in the company. Whenever possible, there will be a chance to attain a pay rise and you can confidently receive one as you move up the ladder. All management understand that you may have other commitments and will work around it to ensure you are fully cared for, no matter the situation. Other benefits include, free food, excellent team building exercises, 6 weeks time off and a lot more.

Cons

Friday and Saturday night you may be in work until midnight.

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Great to see 5 stars and you're loving your time in the Nando's family! We would however suggest speaking to your Patrao around your hours if they are an issue for you, to see if they can help support at all with them.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

16 Jun 2021 - Assistant Manager in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The great people I work with

Cons

The shift patterns aren't for everyone

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you enjoy working with your team!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

One of the worst jobs I’ve ever had.

19 Apr 2021 - Cashier in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

There was some pros to this role, free food (£10 limit) and bottomless drinks from the juice machines throughout your shift and the occasional company night out.

Cons

Where do I begin. Basically say goodbye to your social life especially if you are on a close. Our store would shut at ten and we used to get out at 2/3 in the morning! Seriously beyond a joke. Also you’re expected to clean EVERYTHING I applied for a cashier role not a cleaners position. The staff and management can also be very cliquey and childish and they have favourites. I was verbally abused by other members of staff and also questioned numerous times about my sexuality and was mocked. I often dreaded going into work because of this and it caused me a lot of anxiety. The customers are also rude and make your life a living hell especially when there is a back up in the grill room. I was also paid a pitiful wage on top of all this. I ended up quitting cause I couldn’t take anymore and this job was not worth my sanity. When I handed in my notice my manager said it was illegal cause I signed a contract HAHA. Anyway I wouldn’t recommend this role to anyone it was one of the most toxic working environments I’ve ever had to endure and to this day I avoid Nandos and refuse to give them my custom. Avoid if you like your sanity.

Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks for sharing your experience with us and we're really sorry to hear you didn't love your time in the Nando's family. We're keen to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into your comments and get back to you?

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

A great company where you will grow as a person

15 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, Social Life, Bonus Scheme

Cons

Personal Development Plans could be better

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you recommend us, but we'll make sure your comments around development are noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

10. 5.0

Amazing Job

14 Jun 2021 - Nandos Griller
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free meal for lunch Huge discount when eating in with family amd friends Career Opportunities

Cons

There is no Sunday/Bank Holiday rate of pay

Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars across the board and you're enjoying the perks, but we'll make sure your comments around bank holiday pay are noted too.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,113 Reviews