National Thermal Power Employee Reviews about "growth"
84% would recommend to a friend
(79 total reviews)
Shri Arup Roy Choudhury
88% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good salary and perks at the beginning of the career" (in 94 reviews)
- "Good work life balance and job satisfaction" (in 61 reviews)
- "hefty salary for freshers with job security and good job prospects" (in 49 reviews)
- "Good work culture and less burdened job" (in 29 reviews)
- "Good people" (in 23 reviews)
- "night shifts and poor management" (in 19 reviews)
- "Remote location and far away from cities" (in 7 reviews)
- "Not much work home partition because you are surrounded by same people at work and around home in the colony" (in 5 reviews)
- "Politics and favoritism is very strong, if you don't have links, you can't do much work or can't get transfer from one place to another." (in 3 reviews)
- "Promotion policy is very rigid and difficult to reward performing executives." (in 3 reviews)
Found 79 of over 998 reviews
Updated 25 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "growth"Return to all Reviews
- 5.016 Feb 2022General ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 years
VERY GOOD COMPANY .SALARY AND PERKS ARE BEST IN SIMILAR ORGANIZATIONS.
Being Government company career growth is very slow and not as per performance.
- 2.021 Nov 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Company has good work-life balance. Salary is fair with good perks.
The work culture is poor. Poor and non-transparent career growth is demotivating.
- 5.03 Apr 2017Management StudentFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Premier Brand Attractive Compensation Great Learning and Development Self Sustained Townships Work-Life Balance Great Mentors Very Good Infrastructure Stable Job Reputation in the industry and market
The company has huge pool of human resources and typically very senior people also do not shoulder large responsibilities. The company follows set pattern of career growth and this is difficult to isolate outstanding professionals from fair or average contributors. The department change very political.2
- 3.07 Jul 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
For those seeking work life balance and excellent salary and a lot to learn
Not much career growth and not much to apply as it is hardly appreciated
- 4.013 Jul 2012Executive EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearKorba
The job nature for control instrumentation is good and you'll be facing new problems everyday to keep your spirits up.
PSU like NTPC has its known cons of being channelized and slow career growth rate. Also switching options are limited to private power sector companies.1
- 5.09 Mar 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Grt work life balance. Good pay and great facilities. Good accomodation. Good work environment.
No any cons.. Monotonous work... Slow growth... Internal politics.. Nothing much to learn.. No new innovation..