National Thermal Power Employee Reviews about "location"
84% would recommend to a friend
(68 total reviews)
Shri Arup Roy Choudhury
88% approve of CEO
Found 68 of over 999 reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about National Thermal Power
Big 4 Discussions!
2 months ago
I am an electrical engineer, but I started my career in IT .. After 4 + years , I am earning 1lac per month in hand.. As I was a topper in my electrical batch, my father always wanted me to join core companies or may be PSUs.. Just curious to know what is the salary in PSUs like NTPC/ IOCL etc after 5 years?
Got a burning question about National Thermal Power? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with National Thermal Power employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "night shifts and poor management" (in 20 reviews)
- "Remote location and far away from cities" (in 7 reviews)
- "Not much work home partition because you are surrounded by same people at work and around home in the colony" (in 4 reviews)
- "Politics and favoritism is very strong, if you don't have links, you can't do much work or can't get transfer from one place to another." (in 3 reviews)
- "Promotion policy is very rigid and difficult to reward performing executives." (in 3 reviews)
Reviews about "location"Return to all Reviews
- 5.019 May 2021Executive TraineeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearKorba
Good Perks Work Life Balance Maintained Townships
Poor Management Work Culture Varies among Depts and Locations Remote Location (Considered as Cons in General) but the townships make sure no problem is faced.
- 5.018 Jun 2023Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsVindhyāchal
Great compensation. Work life balance if you are not in operations.
Remote location may make your life boring
- 4.04 May 2023EET ICurrent Employee, less than 1 yearJhanor
job security work-life balance good salary decent job
poor job location shift work lesser holidays lower growth
- 3.017 Mar 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Good work culture and mentoring. Less stress job.Decent pay.
Slow career growth and site locations in rural areas. Over a period of time the work gets highly monotonous.