Found 210 of over 999 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about National Thermal Power
Big 4 Discussions!
2 months ago
I am an electrical engineer, but I started my career in IT .. After 4 + years , I am earning 1lac per month in hand.. As I was a topper in my electrical batch, my father always wanted me to join core companies or may be PSUs.. Just curious to know what is the salary in PSUs like NTPC/ IOCL etc after 5 years?
Got a burning question about National Thermal Power? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with National Thermal Power employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "night shifts and poor management" (in 20 reviews)
- "Remote location and far away from cities" (in 7 reviews)
- "Not much work home partition because you are surrounded by same people at work and around home in the colony" (in 4 reviews)
- "Politics and favoritism is very strong, if you don't have links, you can't do much work or can't get transfer from one place to another." (in 3 reviews)
- "Promotion policy is very rigid and difficult to reward performing executives." (in 3 reviews)
Reviews about "salary"Return to all Reviews
- 4.030 Oct 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
salary is good.bonus is there.Free medical expenditure.Lots of leaves at project site.so if boss is good you can balance your site life by taking leaves whenever you want it.Getting a good department is a luck.If you are in hr or contracts or maintenance it would be an easy life.
nobody cares how much you work hard. remote location posting sometimes makes you unhappy. no scope of foreign assignment.
- 5.05 Jan 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
A dream job for all outstanding engineering graduate.A very good and handsome salary also perks are great.
A slow growth of mind. Office politics is very bad I have never been a fan of politics whether it is family or friends or office.1
- 5.02 May 2013Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew Delhi
good working environment good work life balance good salary and perks at the beginning of the career well maintained township, unlimited medical facility
slow decision making process lower salary at senior position decision making process are often against the company benefit point of view Job allocation is not often done as per the capability of the employee
- 3.08 Jan 2016Assistant ManagerCurrent EmployeeJharsuguda
good salary and other benefit in terms of money
less growth opportunities. will strive for skill development. if you just want to well settled life than its great company but not much opportunity for self development.