National Thermal Power Employee Reviews about "work culture"
84% would recommend to a friend
(81 total reviews)
Shri Arup Roy Choudhury
88% approve of CEO
What people are saying about National Thermal Power
Big 4 Discussions!
2 months ago
I am an electrical engineer, but I started my career in IT .. After 4 + years , I am earning 1lac per month in hand.. As I was a topper in my electrical batch, my father always wanted me to join core companies or may be PSUs.. Just curious to know what is the salary in PSUs like NTPC/ IOCL etc after 5 years?
Got a burning question about National Thermal Power? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with National Thermal Power employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "night shifts and poor management" (in 20 reviews)
- "Remote location and far away from cities" (in 7 reviews)
- "Not much work home partition because you are surrounded by same people at work and around home in the colony" (in 4 reviews)
- "Politics and favoritism is very strong, if you don't have links, you can't do much work or can't get transfer from one place to another." (in 3 reviews)
- "Promotion policy is very rigid and difficult to reward performing executives." (in 3 reviews)
Found 81 of over 999 reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work culture"Return to all Reviews
- 5.019 May 2021Executive TraineeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearKorba
Good Perks Work Life Balance Maintained Townships
Poor Management Work Culture Varies among Depts and Locations Remote Location (Considered as Cons in General) but the townships make sure no problem is faced.
- 4.010 Dec 2017Senior Project ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew Delhi
- Compensation structure - Good Work culture -
- Frequent transfers now - No growth opportunity - No inter-department rotation especially for O&M people
- 3.02 Mar 2016Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsJhajjar
Salary is good work pressure is NIL Other benefits such as free electricity, medical insurance etc Township facility available, which is sometimes good Away from the hustle bustle of a city Can get a lot of free time for the family and personal stuff
Salary, though good, does not grow fast enough Work culture is not so great HR management is very poor Plant are often in remote and inaccesible locations Shift duty is not properly compensated Promotions are time bound and often based on factors other than performance
- 3.017 Mar 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Good work culture and mentoring. Less stress job.Decent pay.
Slow career growth and site locations in rural areas. Over a period of time the work gets highly monotonous.