Navigant Managing Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 51 reviews

3.3
Navigant CEO Julie M. Howard
Julie M. Howard
  1. "average benefits for the industry"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Navigant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people and good support teams

Cons

bureaucracy can be challenging for getting things done

Advice to Management

none

Navigant2019-05-19

"Great variable pay but work / life balance is an issue for many"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This review is for the Banking, Insurance, and Capital Markets (BICM) group. Variable compensation can be very high and is transparent / aligned to key metrics (i.e. performance rating and utilization). It is a smaller firm when compared to Big 4, Accenture, etc. so there is less bureaucracy and more access to senior leadership.

Cons

Utilization expectations are much higher than comparable firms. Essentially anyone at the Associate Director level or below is expected to be utilized 100% of the time while taking on greater responsibilities in the areas of practice development, sales, and leading internal initiatives. This leads to burn out among the Managing Consultant / Associate Director group as they have to work long nights and... weekends to keep up with all internal and client demands.

Advice to Management

Reduce the utilization expectations for the Associate Director / Managing Consultant levels so they can push down more work to higher margin resources and devote more time to sales and internal initiatives.

Navigant2019-02-19

"Don’t be an individual"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Miami, FL

I worked at Navigant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perks that come with travel are great, which is a huge Pro when you’re gone every week.

Cons

Senior Leadership is closed minded; nepotism and favoritism are rampant and spread like the flu. Heaven forbid you have a different idea because you actually KNOW how to help a client, if you voice it you’re blackballed and you will be “laid off”

Advice to Management

Embrace different ideas and backgrounds, actually help your clients instead of using them as a cash cow and creating more problems for the pm to deal with after they germ your contract. It’s giving Navigant a very negative reputation in the healthcare community.

Navigant2018-02-25

March 6, 2018External Communications Manager

Thank you for feedback about your experience at Navigant. We take feedback seriously and have policies that specifically prohibit issues such as nepotism from impacting the workplace and our employees. We encourage all employees to engage in open dialogue with supervisors or Human ...

"Need to"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leaders focused on growth and mentoring but people in the middle aren’t following the same lead.

Cons

Too many toxic MDs and Ds in healthcare management who have picked their people and they only promote them and give them chances only . Management doesn’t address negative behavior of those individuals. - too many green people being promoted too fast and lack skills to do their work

Advice to Management

Continue to loose good talent due to people getting tired of being looked over . Take care of the high performers and they will take care of your business.

Navigant2018-02-12

April 3, 2018External Communications Manager

Thank you for the sincere feedback. We encourage colleagues to contact their Human Capital Business Partner, Manager, or Practice Area Business Manager to address some of the challenges that we might be able to change.

"Not good for rank and file employees"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people you work are good people.

Cons

Demanding hours including weekends with no potential for a good bonus at the end of the year. Consultants are not appreciated by the directors. Many rules, regulations, and policies that are reflective of a large bloated company.

Advice to Management

People don't stick around because it's a burn out model, but management does not seem to care as long as they get paid handsomely.

Navigant2018-02-17

February 20, 2018External Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Navigant. We support alternative work arrangements and strongly encourage our practice leaders to support their teams in managing work/life mix. We also aspire to maintain a pay for performance culture at all levels and recognize ...

6. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Navigant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience with large payers doing a variety of different tasks. Strong opportunity for title advancement. Decent bonus payout if billable hours are strong

Cons

Frequent requests for unplanned travel Moderate pay compared to others in the industry Times of plenty and times of drought with interesting jobs to be staffed on

Navigant2017-12-27
  7. "Associate director"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been here for 17 years and the people are like family to me. Very challenging work.

Cons

The health care benefits are not the best. They seem expensive though I have not tried to compare them to other firms.

Navigant2017-08-17

August 21, 2017Senior Recruiter

Thank you so much for your comments - it's wonderful that Navigant has become such an important part of your life, and that the word is rewarding! We appreciate your comments about our healthcare package - we strive to provide comprehensive and competitive benefits that are focused ...

8. "Manager"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Navigant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Eager senior executives seeking to develop stronger standardization across the delivery model and focus/coordinate the solution offering.

Cons

Integrated engagements are driven by M&A leadership micro focused on engagement issues and they do not focus on true root cause issues such as accurate and reasonable project engagement budgets.

Advice to Management

Get a true leader over the M&A group who has the ability to recognize root cause issues and form corporate culture versus knee jerk reactions at a micro engagement level.

Navigant2017-06-30
  9. "Managing Consultant"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Navigant full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

depending on what you do, you may be able to work from home

Cons

salary increases are paltry, very poor IT capabilities, bonus payment methodology is a black box and are insufficient, alot of corporate double speak about career development, and lip service to diversity

Advice to Management

pay your employees a little better and trim the fat off the inefficient corporate level management

Navigant2017-06-24

"Navigant Consulting Inc"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Navigant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Base salary was not bad. Some colleagues had a strong professional background and you can leverage any knowledge gaps from them.

Cons

Lacked effective leadership, diversity, and projects. There were not any major projects during my time at Navigant. Most of the Directors were a one man team or they had one junior consultant. None of the Directors or above were able to sell any of our services to clients, so people kept getting laid off.

Advice to Management

Everyone should have a fair chance to succeed at Navigant. There should not be just one Junior Consultant and one Director per project. Everyone should be treated with respect and leadership should discipline those who do not comply to respect their colleagues.

Navigant2017-06-14