Navigant Summer Associate Reviews

0 Rating
  1. "Great internship."

Former Intern - Summer Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

The team was well resourced and had exceptionally intelligent leaders. Lead by example.

Cons

One of the main contracts was for a government agency, which meant that the development time for major projects was exceptionally long. As an intern this meant not being able to see the results of your work.

2. "Summer Associate"

I worked at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

The internship program is great in terms of giving you fun activities to do and helping you get to know the company. However, the level of responsibility it fairly low and you end up not really learning a ton. The people are great and the compensation is solid however.

Cons

This is specifically within Disputes and Investigations, but some of the work depending on sub-practice is very tedious work, and it's also hard to move around sub-practices - you get locked in to one for at least 1-2 years.

3. "Great Experience"

5.0

I worked at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

Awesome place to intern at. They really do a great job at getting you the necessary experience to propel yourself into a successful career. The people are amazing as well and a great pleasure to work alongside with.

Cons

The salary (especially in Washington DC) is not ideal depending on what kind of degree you have.

Continue reading
  4. "Associate Summer Consultant"

Former Intern - Associate Consultant (Summer) in Washington, DC

I worked at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

Good intern program. Very supportive and good events. Help you to understand the entire company with weekly lunch talks given from different divisions. Co-workers are very understanding of the interns and respectful at the same time.

Cons

A little boring work (just particularly my division). As an engineer working in energy department, not very exciting and a little bit separated from the other interns

Navigant Response

September 7, 2016Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad you liked the intern program!

5. "Nothing remarkable, summer internship experience"

I worked at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

Really fun, young group of people. Has a lot of intern activities. Lots of interesting projects and work with exciting travel opportunities

Cons

Lots of turnover, people are constantly in and out (I imagine they have their reasons).

"Under-appreciated and Overworked"

2.0
    Current Intern - Summer Associate

I have been working at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

No formal training program means that it truly is a baptism by fire. Mentor program is good for the interns, but they have no sway in terms of a formal offer.

Cons

In my contract I was told that any hours worked over 40 would be time and a half. Commercial projects mean that many weeks we would be working 50-70 hrs per week, but I was directly told by my manager to not input them into the system. After speaking with other employees about this, it seemed that this was very normal for interns to be scammed out of their overtime. The reason is because the managers undercut the competition on pricing projects in order to win them so that there is no money for overtime. When I finally told the HR coordinator about this at the end of the internship, I was told to input them all in (on my last day). My manager (before knowing I inputed overtime), said that he wanted me to work there full time. After this happened, I "suddenly" was not given an offer. This is because the projects that I worked on with him now were over budget, which made him look bad.

Navigant Response

October 9, 2014Sr. Manager, Human Capital

We appreciate the candid feedback. I’m sorry you did not have the best experience at Navigant. We will be incorporating more guidelines to project managers about their interns' hours to ensure there is no confusion in the future.

7. "good experience some negativity of employees towards the firm"

Current Intern - Summer Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

Overall it was agreat learning experience, the directors have high expectations, but the experience depends on practice your placed in.

Cons

It seemed like many of the employees had either negative or neutral feelings towards upper management and the firm in general. That was particularly disappointing as in consulting, the employees ARE the firm

"Great Internship experience"

5.0

I worked at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

Got to meet and talk to some very high up managing directors on a daily basis; experienced conference calls with high up executives; many intern events that allowed a casual environment for the interns with the employees.

Cons

The internship is only eight weeks long

9. "Great place, great people"

I worked at Navigant for less than a year

Pros

All the people at Navigant are amazing. The upper level management is easily accesible. People are always willing to help you. Stress-free, cooperative environment. The work can be very interesting and you get a great deal of independence. Alot of activities for the interns.

Cons

Depending on the group you are placed in, your work may seem a little tedious at times. However, the overall cases are very interesting.

Continue reading
  10. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Summer Associate in Washington, DC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Navigant full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is interesting work at all levels of employment. If an engagment is small enough, you may have the opportunity to learn new skills and being involved at all levels of the engagement. There is lots of diversity in your day to day projects and tasks. Very friendly culture, not an overwhelming feeling of seniority.

Cons

Often 40+ hours a week, but that is typical given this type of work. Parking is very expensive and the metro in DC isn't that cheap either.

Found 12 reviews