Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.0
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Joseph R. Sivewright
Joseph R. Sivewright
Pros
Cons
  • "Could have a better Work - Life balance(in 88 reviews)

• "Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover(in 21 reviews)

1. "Good to work in North Region of India"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

All the systems are followed as same as Nestle. Easy access to top management.

Cons

Managers are not supportive for field force

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-05-27

"Good company to work for"

Former Employee - ORM Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance Opportunities for growth and advancement Pets at work

Cons

Fair amount of nepotism, resulting in some less than qualified colleagues Large company standardization leading to some headaches (required to have too many pointless meetings, for example)

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-10-17

"Best of both worlds. Family culture with all the benefits & support of a large organization!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People & pets come first, always. Without question, Purina will do the right thing. Time and time again Purina steps up. This has proven true in multiple areas of my career including; benefits, compensation and career development. It also presents itself in the culture. Overall, Purina has managed to create an atmosphere that embraces changes, pushes creativity and seeks forward thinking ideas while still... holding onto its longstanding heritage, values and reputation. All in all, Purina goes out of their way to invest in the most important asset, the people.

Cons

Growing pains typical with a business that is accelerating. Mostly good problems to have.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-09-24

October 3, 2019Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback as a Sales Manager in the organization. Consumer demand has steadily increased the growth of our sales team and through the changes, you’ve managed to out perform yourselves consistently. We’re proud of the work you’re doing each day. Thank you for your feedback!

4. "Great company, just low pay"

Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved the people I worked with, emphasis on training.

Cons

Salary was low, and to move up in management have to be willing to move around every couple of years.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-09-30

October 3, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Salary makes up just one component of a total compensation package and is based on market data, your skills and experience in addition to performance. It’s important to take all other benefits into consideration when evaluating total compensation, too. We appreciate your feedback and wish you well in your future endeavors!

"Great experience for the first 13 years. Then downward spiral and poor moral."

Former Employee - Category Manager

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Bring dog to work. Good benefits and relatively ok compensation.

Cons

Wrong people promoted. No appreciation for hard working dedicated employees. Must kiss butt to get ahead.

Advice to Management

Trust your people and don’t micro manage. Give praise to those who deserve it. Stop talking hire to retire when you spend more time firing hard workers.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-10-11

October 16, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback as a Category Manager—I appreciate your perspective. Pets at work is one of my favorite perks, too, but you mention some significant concerns I’d like to address. As an organization, we train our leaders to enable their teams rather than some of the management styles you mention. I’m surprised and disappointed you still saw this in action. It sounds like we might have some room for improvement in the recognition department, too. Finally, know that involuntary turnover is never the outcome either party wants and only occurs in dire circumstances. I wish you well & value your feedback. Thank you! —Scott, Director HR Strategy-Commercial

"Used to be a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice campus in downtown STL, good location

Cons

Declining Nestle culture, turnover, pay

Advice to Management

I worked at Purina for nearly 10 years, and can say that the company used to be a good place to work. With each year the Nestle culture continues to infest the Purina culture, and turnover is now becoming the norm rather than the exception. Over the past 2 years or so the company "bought out" all employees over 55 years old, resulting in the promotion of a number of inexperienced/unqualified people into VP and... Director level roles. This has created a meeting based culture, with a lot of talk but not much actual action or meaningful communication. If you read through these reviews, you will see that most of the 5 star reviews come from people in HR, and any negative review is met with retaliation (I'm sure this one will as well). This behavior perfectly reflects reality at Checkerboard Square. Pump up the company, and maintain the perception that this is a great place to work. However if you actually research St Louis based companies, Purina no longer makes the best places to work lists. Just 5 or so years ago, the company was always near the top. I am thankful for my time at Purina, however I recently left to pursue new opportunities and have no regrets. If you choose to work here, good luck, just temper your expectations upon arrival.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-10-08

October 15, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your years of service and feedback. As we celebrate our 125th anniversary, I’m proud to say that I see Purina’s amazing culture evident everyday here at the square. Some turnover is actually healthy in maintaining that culture but I’d like to note that our turnover is far below the industry average. We see feedback on that culture across departments on Glassdoor, but primarily in our sales and manufacturing departments. In addition, nearly 40% of associates have reported fewer meetings since agility efforts, like voluntary early retirement took place. We’re working hard toward becoming a leaner, more agile organization. We appreciate feedback left here on Glassdoor—thank you! Melisa, V.P. of Talent & Performance Management

7. "used to be a good place to work"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Crete, NE

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

decent pay with decent benefits

Cons

no recognition of past accomplishments no respect for employees

Advice to Management

build employee morale as it is very low quit pushing out older employees with experience

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-10-06

October 18, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and many years of service here in Crete. I’m disappointed to hear that you do not feel recognized for your contributions & I will take a moment to remind our leadership team of ways to recognize associates who go above and beyond. As for pushing out older employees, I’m uncertain if you’re referencing voluntary early retirement or another matter, however, if you’re aware of associates with this perception, please encourage them to come speak with me offline. We appreciate your feedback, thank you! —Diana, HR Manager

8. "Great culture, lots of change"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people! The work life balance, and the training

Cons

Company is slow to change in a ever competitive market and some decisions are made to benefit new management not necessarily efficient or effective at times.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-09-21

September 26, 2019Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback on our sales organization—it sounds like you recognize many positive aspects of both your job and Nestle Purina. We recognize that a global company can be slow to change and are working toward busting this myth. Know that the changes that you see are not to benefit management but to position us as a faster and more agile organization that can compete win. We hope you’re along for the ride. Thanks, again!

9. "Mixing center is the armpit of nestle purina"

Current Employee - Fork Lift Operator in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is great

Cons

The mixing center is truly a unorganized place to work, the atmosphere is as boring as it gets with a dead silent atmosphere. No music of any kind either from the company nor from your phone bc nestle has a no cellphone policy. Certain supervisors have attitude problems and favor certain employees. The shop stewards want to work more with the company than defend their union. "Brothers". Ughhh this place sucks... but I'll deal with it bc of the pay. But I wouldn't say they will be getting stellar performance from me. Ha

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-10-03

October 14, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with feedback, I’m glad you’re satisfied with compensation. I’m sorry to hear about the other issues you mention in our mixing center but I encourage you to do more than “deal with it”. Can we brainstorm ways to make the atmosphere more engaging while still preventing distractions? I hope that we can have a conversation offline to make your working environment better for everyone involved. Thank you for your feedback! –James, Warehouse Manager

10. "A Great Place To Work for a Lifetime"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A company built on a foundation of culture.

Cons

We have growing pains but we meet our challenges head on and face them with authenticity.

Advice to Management

Our leaders believe in investing in human capital and conduct some of best talent discussion, I've seen.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-09-12

September 16, 2019Human Resources

10+ years is an impressive tenure, thank you for your service in addition to providing us with feedback! We have a rich culture dating back 125 years so it’s an obvious place to begin. That culture has led us through many changes and we’re confident it will see us through our current “growing pains”. Again, thank you for your feedback and advice.

Found 1167 reviews