Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Updated 1 Aug 2020

4.1
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Joseph R. Sivewright
Joseph R. Sivewright
Pros
  • "High level of importance placed on work / life balance(in 261 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • "Days can be long but there is support to find work life balance(in 94 reviews)

• "Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover(in 22 reviews)

1. "Proud to work for Nestle - been there over 30 years"

Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

The sheer size of the company can sometimes slow things down

July 27, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Your 30 plus years with us is quite an accomplishment, congratulations! With opportunities available to our employees, like career development tools and experiential learning, your career path is yours for the making. While a large CPG brings great opportunity, we also must focus on efforts like Project Agility to make effective and timely decisions and remove non-value added work. Again, thank you for your feedback!

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am proud to work at Purina. The work is challenging, the culture is unparalleled. This year, the organization has done a great job at being very empathetic to employees and quickly adjusting to the unprecedented challenges we are facing in 2020. Nestlé/Purina offers great benefits. My department as a large focus on work-life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

July 24, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback as it is always welcome. As we continue to navigate our new normal, our commitment to our employees’ health and well-being will remain our top priority. We know benefits and culture, like work-life balance, are an important factor when making a career decision—we have that first part covered but the outstanding team you’re proud to be a part is what makes our culture second to none. Again, thank you for your feedback and we admire your positive outlook.

3. "Work life balance"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Clinton, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay and the benefits are decent

Cons

Work life balance. Always working

August 4, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for feedback on your experience as a Forklift Operator in Clinton. We know benefits are a major consideration when making a career choice, so we’re happy to hear ours are valuable to you and your family. Overtime is occasionally necessary to meet increasing demand, but our hope is your able to take the time off you need to spend time with your family and friends, as well as recharge before returning to work. Know we are always trying to provide solutions for better work-life balance to our employees and we encourage you to discuss your unique needs with your Supervisor. Again, thank you for your feedback as it is always appreciated.

4. COVID-19

"Supportive Company - Health and Safety First"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company was extremely progressive when Covid hit, they allowed us to take all of our equipment home prior to other companies in the area. Our IT team did a wonderful job of assuring we all were able to access the VPN Network and leadership showed a lot of flexibility in their teams' schedules. The company continues to amaze me how they put their people first.

Cons

When we return to office I would love the autonomy to "dress for your day". Our other Nestle operating companies have that flexibility and it would be nice for Purina to trust it's employees to do the same.

July 22, 2020Human Resources

Our employees and their families’ safety are our top priority, especially during this time of uncertainty. Every decision we make is done so with our employees’ health and safety top of mind, and we’re pleased to hear you have been able to work with your manager on a flexible schedule that best fits you, and your unique needs at this time. As always, we encourage our employees to express their ideas and recommendations to improve our place of work, and we thank you for providing your dress suggestion, we’ll take it into consideration as we transition to our new normal. Thank you for your feedback!

5. "Outstanding Place to Work & Learn"

Former Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned so much while working here. The leadership and cross-functional teams were always so supportive, and the company is proactive in career development. They are leaders in their space, and considered thought leaders in the channel. Wonderful team!

Cons

None that I can think of.

July 15, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your experience on our sales team. We’re pleased to hear your time spent with us was impactful and beneficial to your career development. Again, thank you for your feedback! We hope that you will keep us in mind in the future https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch.

6. "Great place to work. Plenty of time off"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Mechanicsburg, PA

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Time off is very well

Cons

Could pay salary more wages

July 14, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for feedback. We know benefits are an important factor when making careers decisions, which is why we try to provide the best benefits possible, like a robust vacation policy and paid holidays so you can take time to re-charge with family and friends before coming back to work. With extensive market data research, and review of an employee’s unique skill sets and background, we’re able to offer fair total compensation packages. Again, thank you for your feedback regarding your experience in Mechanicsburg!

7. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Great training and development opps

Cons

Sometimes quite slow to market

July 27, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time spent with Nestle Purina. We’re pleased to hear you can reflect on your training and development fondly, as we, too, believe it’s an important perk that sets us apart. As our company continues to experience rapid growth, please know our solid focus on agility is allowing us to work in a more efficient manner each day and increase our speed to market. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will consider us again in the future https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch

8. "Understaffed. Hope you don't enjoy time off with family. Way too much forced overtime."

Current Employee - Packing Operator in Dunkirk, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is good, benefits are adequate.

Cons

Company proudly boasts "work/life balance". It's a complete lie. Short staffing is a common occurence. We're forced to work 12 hour shifts 2-4 days a week, as well as mandatory weekend overtime. Constant schedule changes make it impossible to make plans out side of work (family events, Dr. appointments, leisure, etc.)

July 22, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your experience in Dunkirk. Utilizing market data research and reviewing an employees’ unique skillset and background guides us in providing competitive hourly rates to all employees. I am pleased to hear you feel you’re compensated appropriately and fairly, as that is our goal. In July, we announced an increased work schedule based on our product demand, which was a 2020 focus for innovation and renovation. I understand schedule adjustments like this make it difficult to have set plans but my hope is that you’re able to take the necessary time off to partake in those events outside of work with friends and family. We know time spent outside of work is essential to our associates well-being and please know we have identified these incremental days, and we have a plan to add headcount as soon as approved, however a level of overtime is still expected. I invite you to have an open discussion about how to best address these issues with your manager or myself – my door is always open. Thank you—Will, Factory Manager

9. "Decent place"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Department in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Good environment. Good pay with benefits.

Cons

Management questionable. Advancement difficult as a starter

July 22, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time spent in Inside Sales. Benefits are a major consideration when making a career choice, and we’re happy to hear you felt your compensation was fair and competitive. Our goal is to provide the training and advancement opportunities associates need to feel successful and fulfilled in the career starting out, or years down the road. This might come in the form of development within your current role through in-class, digital or experiential learning or in new roles within the organization. An associates career path is really their choosing. Again, thank you for your review!

10. "Strong and growing business, but many rampant people and culture problems."

Former Employee - Finance in Saint Louis, MO
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Growing and profitable business which is a key contributor to the Nestlé Group success on an annual basis.

Cons

- Culture does not value challenging the status quo -- "My way or the highway" mentality from management. - Pay and compensation are average compared to peers. - People practices are not transparent, including career development -- many employees have been in their role for a long time, very little upward mobility. Annual evaluation process has employees calibrated along a curve, limiting the number of people whom can receive "above average" performance reviews and associated compensation increases/higher bonus payouts. - Employees are "highly encouraged" to leave good reviews on Glassdoor by management and HR, which may skew results.

July 14, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on your time spent at Nestle Purina. Like you mention, we’re a company that continues to experience growth and your feedback is important to us. Through this growth, we’re making efforts to become a flatter, more agile organization. This doesn’t have to slow your development, it allows employees to develop with upward mobility, lateral moves or even stretch assignments within their role in addition to development opportunities offered or planned with your manager. Performance reviews are an important part of this process and we encourage employees to have transparent conversations with their manger on what goes into this rating. Again, thank you for your feedback as it is always encouraged.

Found 1237 reviews