Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Updated 10 May 2021

4.3
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger
Pros
  • "This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING(in 271 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 123 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Here to stay!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong business, strong culture, teamwork oriented

Cons

Somewhat set in old ways of working, but getting better in this space

March 4, 2021Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on 10+ years of dedication to Nestlé Purina! Our "strong culture" is one of the most unique characteristics about us, and we're pleased to hear you find it to be one of our greatest qualities. We wouldn't be who we are today without the dedication of our employees, like you, and we can't thank you enough! As we continue to grow, and obtain feedback from our employees, changes can occur. However, please know that every change we put into place is done so with our employees top of mind. Again, thank you and congratulations on 10+ years!

2. "CKMK - Dream job came true"

Current Employee - Associate Creative Director, Copy in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has everything you are looking for and more. When you think about a "dream job," the company, right from the get-go, shows you that that dream is real. It is the entire package: the culture, the people, the leadership, the prestigious company, and being part of a critical business to global business objectives. Honestly, the people are the greatest asset: you will not only get an outstanding work/life balance, but you will be working alongside people that are respectful, kind, team workers. I've been in the company for a year, and I've never felt so proud and happy about the place I work as in Nestle-Purina's Checkmark, their in-house Ad Agency. It's been the best career decision I've made in my 10+ years of experience, and I want to be here forever. It gives you the best growth path, leadership you can count on and is honestly inspiring to be part of such an extraordinary workplace. I wouldn't change a thing!

Cons

No cons. I love this company.

April 9, 2021Human Resources

Wow, awesome feedback and always great to hear from our CheckMark team! True, it is often the people who make a great workplace, and we’re hopeful it’s something you find unique at our agency. Your review is a compliment to your teammates. Please keep sharing, and if you wouldn’t mind, please invite your colleagues to do the same!

3. "Best Company for Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best company that offers great work/life balance. If you work hard you'll have opportunities to grow your career advancement. Leadership is great at setting you up for success if you can prove you're ready for it.

Cons

As with any large corporation you'll deal with some people who will use you to 'climb the corporate ladder' but once you figure out how to maneuver around those people, it's not an issue

May 11, 2021Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate you explaining to us what is meaningful to you and we encourage you to keep sharing your ideas with us. We believe in a collaborative culture at Nestle Purina, and have several initiatives in place to encourage, support, and reinforce those behaviors. If this isn’t something you’re experiencing, please reach out to myself or your supervisor to further discuss any concerns you might have. Again, thank you for your feedback.—Mandy, HR Business Partner, Marketing

4. COVID-19

"Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Account Manager (ECommerce) in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very strong & supportive company culture. - Smart people that will push you to grow professionally and even personally. - Pet industry is fun, growing... and, well, you get to think about dogs & cats all day. - On that note... you can bring your dog (or cat) to work! - Partner with top companies in the world (retail partners such as Amazon, Walmart, Chewy, PetSmart... as well as top tier suppliers, tech providers, etc.) - You can legit make friends at work. - Part of Nestle (parent company), so you get amazing benefits. - Last but not least the handling of the COVID pandemic (work from home, then flexibility to come back to the office for those who wanted) was/continues to be excellent. It has been a source of stability for me & my family and couldn't really ask for anything else from Purina in regards to this.

Cons

Not a lot that I can think of. The pace is fast - sometimes too fast - but honestly that is to be expected in any company that is big (and growing).

March 19, 2021Human Resources

Wow, we’re so appreciative of the detailed feedback you provided as well as providing specific examples of how Nestlé Purina benefits have stood out to you and supported you. Know your work is noticed, and we can’t thank you enough for the detail and time you took to provide your feedback.

5. "Strong culture focused on winning together and a passion for pets."

Current Employee - Vice President in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong corporate values. Culture of agility & collaboration. Passionate colleagues who are experts in their fields.

Cons

We have an opportunity to attract & retain diversity talent.

6. COVID-19

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Vice President in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing place to work, great culture with lots of opportunities for career progression. Handled the pandemic in a very humane and professional way, as always, put the safety and health of the associates first. And, one of the best perks, we can take our dogs to work with us.

Cons

As most of large companies changes may take a little longer however saw a great improvement on the company agility in the past 3 years.

May 3, 2021Human Resources

Really helpful and detailed feedback you’ve shared with us, thank you for taking the time to do so. We look forward to hearing more from you and appreciate you recognizing more agility over your years of service, keep sharing!

7. COVID-19

"Great company that creates a family culture"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They truly seem to care about you and work life balance. They handled the Covid pandemic really well and were so flexible.

Cons

Seems to be dissolving a lot of roles and the workload is increasing. There also seems less room to grow and be promoted now.

May 10, 2021Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We truly care about our people and it’s great to know our efforts to support them during the COVID pandemic are appreciated. As our business grows, we continue to look at the work we do and adjust resources and roles to ensure we have our teams equipped appropriately. While it can seem like this limits opportunities, we work to try to leverage this to provide more opportunities for people to move across teams and departments as resources shift. We’ve had substantial movement this year within our Sales and eComm areas, and I anticipate there will continue to be more opportunities given with how quickly the marketplace is changing. By introducing initiatives like Talking Talent, we’ve been able to enable employees to grow and meet their personal development goals, as well. If you haven’t done so, I encourage you to have a conversation with your manager or myself on how you can position yourself to take advantage of these opportunities. Thank you Scott E., HR Director, Purina Sales

8. "Great company with growing opportunities"

Current Employee - Junior Data Scientist Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Work/Life Balance, Emerging Technologies and Opportunities for data scientists

Cons

Many great data scientists but often siloed to different groups making collaboration more difficult

May 7, 2021Human Resources

Your work is incredibly important, and we thank you for the commitment you have to it. Please know we encourage a collaborative environment across our organization, and if you feel we can be better at this, we invite you to brainstorm and share your ideas with your manager so we can learn together. Again, thank you!

9. "Petfood industry is rapidly growing but"

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time

Pros

Pet business is rapidly growing and provides a stable career.

Cons

External hires have much better pay than internal promotions. Company hires externals at market level but keep great performing internals in bottom 25 percentile of pay. Company preaches a lot about culture and work/life balance but runs their workers into the ground through lean headcount structuring.

10. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Allentown, PA

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay, Good environment, Great People

Cons

Lots of hours so not much life.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,450 Reviews