Nestlé Purina U.S. Employee Reviews about "ork life balance"

Updated Oct 24, 2021

Found 1,589 of over 1,750 reviews

3.8
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger
Pros
  • "This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING(in 271 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 123 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance work ownership(in 99 reviews)

• "Long hours, back stabbers, poor leadershkl(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "ork life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Here to stay!

Mar 2, 2021 - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong business, strong culture, teamwork oriented

Cons

Somewhat set in old ways of working, but getting better in this space

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on 10+ years of dedication to Nestlé Purina! Our "strong culture" is one of the most unique characteristics about us, and we're pleased to hear you find it to be one of our greatest qualities. We wouldn't be who we are today without the dedication of our employees, like you, and we can't thank you enough! As we continue to grow, and obtain feedback from our employees, changes can occur. However, please know that every change we put into place is done so with our employees top of mind. Again, thank you and congratulations on 10+ years!

2. 3.0

Eye is Off the Ball

Jul 13, 2021 - Senior Manager, Operations in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purina always fostered a family-friendly environment, with an understanding that safety, personal and family well-being always came before work. They were well-rooted in a solid foundation of beliefs stemming from their founder, William Danforth. They celebrated successes, and lifted up the people that helped them achieve almost impossible goals. They were pragmatic in their approach, standing up to ideas or proposals that unintentionally put employees in harms way. Leaders were brave, and led people through inspiration - not fear.

Cons

The Company is afraid to lose their long-standing culture, but do not realize they've already lost it to some extent. The pandemic drastically changed the lives of employees and the response of the Company doesn't reflect the inspirational leadership the 5 Talls were founded on. You've allowed the pressures of Nestle to grind your people into the ground. Demands outweigh the ability for employees to hang on. The inflexibility of return to campus further pushes employees out & senior leaders are shrugging their shoulders as if to say "oh well." Problem is - your employees are what make you successful, so Purina will pay an unnecessary price.

64 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Purina please join us in the 21st Century

Oct 21, 2021 - Senior Financial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purina has one of the best cultures within Nestle when it comes to caring about their employees. Great work life balance and clear career path.

Cons

Purina is the Nestle US business with the oldest mindset and ways of working, they’re slow and outdated in terms of dress code (JEANS are not allowed which is crazy in the 21st century) and with all companies including Nestle USA adopting a flexible or Hybrid work scheme, Purina is allowing associates to work from home ONLY on Fridays, that is if your line manager allows it, so if you have a dictator as a Manager, good luck.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0

Disappointed, not as progressive as I hoped & believed

Jul 6, 2021 - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work with some of the smartest, most caring, genuinely nice humans I’ve ever encountered. My team is passionate and engaged, and I enjoy the work I do immensely. We make products that I can stand behind and feel good about; and we help people keep their pets healthy and happy – that’s fantastic! There are many benefits to working at Purina, including an excellent maternity leave (because of Nestle’s policy) and discounts on pet food, baby formula, coffee, etc. I feel like I have some flexibility when it comes to my work day, as long as my manager is aware of any shifts to my schedule or availability.

Cons

I’ve heard people call Purina ‘traditional,’ which is code for outdated. I love the fact that we have so much history, but some policies are feeling antiquated. Many in leadership roles have been at Purina for a long time – the tenure is great, but they can be stuck in their ways. There is a fair amount of ‘clock-watching,’ in that I feel like others monitor when I come and go. And face-time is valued immensely; it feels that sometimes the hours you work are more important than the work you produce. As a working mom, I feel like I can get more done in 6 hours than I used to do in a 10-hour day (pre-kid days). But I feel guilty and sneaky if I need to leave by 4:45 to pick up my child from school. Promotions are hard to come by. It’s possible, but for the vast majority of the company, it takes a while. We are a flat organization, meaning (in my experience) most employees report to a director or higher; in my department, managers and senior managers don’t actually manage anyone. This leave little room for advancement, considering there are only a handful of director-level opportunities and LOTS of analysts and manager-level roles. I’ve been with Purina for 6 years. And this month, I was extremely disappointed by a new policy regarding our Return to Work. After working remotely due to COVID for the last year+, we’re learning that we will be returning to campus full time, in person, with only one remote work day (Friday). Some department already had this policy in place, so this hardly feels like a perk or fantastic remote opportunity. When HR communicated this policy to us, the tone of the email was insensitive, poorly thought through, and somewhat insulting. The note said Purina was excited to return to the pre-COVID-19 culture that we enjoyed. SO much has changed, and we as a workforce have changed. People got sick. People lost income. People lost loved ones. We homeschooled kids while working full time. We watched friends and family struggle with illness and uncertainty. We didn’t see friends or family for over a year. We took conference calls from basements and bathrooms, just to avoid our screaming toddlers. But we stayed productive. We thrived in our remote roles. We got more done with less, demonstrating the agility that Purina prides itself on. We excelled and gave Purina FANTASTIC results in 2020, not despite working from home, but in large part BECAUSE we were working remotely. Neslte (our parent company) is offering a flexible work arrangement, saying they trust their employees to do the work and remain engaged. Purina, in contrast, is saying ‘come on back, our culture depends on you being here in person.’ We’ve lost employees – I know of 4 personally – who have secured new, fully remote positions. Talent will leave. But Purina may not care until it’s too late.

63 people found this review helpful

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

Human Resources

First, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as well as sharing what you find so unique about Purina. We’re seeing a theme throughout the feedback provided and one of those themes is the acknowledgement of the enormous amount of respect and appreciation our employees have for one another. However, it’s also clear to us that the announcement regarding returning to work has created some worry for some people. We’ve addressed some of these in previous responses, and we welcome dialogue with your manager and with HR. Know we appreciate your feedback.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Still good but change requires continuity to our values.

Oct 24, 2021 - FRM in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, pets, economic stability.

Cons

Not nearly as agile as we could be.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Oct 21, 2021 - ORM Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nestle Purina is a fantastic place to work. Their benefits, pay, work/life balance, and culture is unmatched.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great career

Oct 19, 2021 - Quality Supervisor in Davenport, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from management. Training to build skills.

Cons

Many long hours and weeks.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Oct 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, salary, work life balance

Cons

The job is what you make of it

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok

Oct 8, 2021 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and Maternity leave

Cons

None really just a great company

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Oct 8, 2021 - Territory Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company. Cares about the employee. Solid benefits.

Cons

No company car. Uses CVS CareMark as PBM

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,589 Reviews