Cover image for Nestlé Purina U.S.
Logo

Found 1,811 of over 2K reviews

3.7
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger
Pros
  • "They also provide a very good work life balance(in 306 reviews)

• "Love that we can bring our pets to work and that it is a company of pets(in 129 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lack of work-life balance because of so much overtime with some positions(in 136 reviews)

• "There is nothing wrong at Nestle Purina(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Purina is my first career and I cannot see myself anywhere else!

4 Feb 2022 - Production Manager in Clinton, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purina is leading the industry in how they treat their employees. We have parental leave for both parents. This allowed me to spend the much needed time with my children and support my family during this exciting new time. There are numerous promotional opportunities for every level and team member. They are constantly coaching and developing the team for the next level. I can proudly say that we have one of the most diverse leadership teams out there! Lastly, Purina continue to drive sustainable manufacturing. We are a zero waste to landfill facility and are on the path towards 100% recyclable/reusable packaging.

Cons

We expect a lot out of every team member which leads to challenges maintaining a work life balance at times. Work life balance means something different to just about every single person; however, Purina continues to find ways to make improvements year over year as they truly care about everyone in the Purina family.

8 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for holding our sustainability and strong parental leave policy in high regard, just as we do. We're proud of each one of our associates and want to help them develop to their fullest potential. We appreciate you taking the time to share all your thoughts with us.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

An organization of talented, caring, passionate people.

28 Nov 2022 - Vice President, Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

At Nestle Purina you can learn, grow, build a career, and contribute to pet product customers - pet owners - and pets. Departments share common goals and vision, and operate as one team. A multinational company that provides robust opportunity.

Cons

A very large multinational corporation can move slower than smaller and/or private companies. However, Purina is best in class and the scale ensures they have the expertise and resources needed.

3. Join the Nestlé Purina U.S. team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work

16 Nov 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

CI initiatives and TPM implementation

Cons

Changing atmosphere due to market demands

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Used to be great, now it's ok at best.

22 Nov 2022 - Customer Facing Role in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Handful of great colleagues and managers, depending on the department. The company used to show how much they care about pets. Pay is average.

Cons

Purina is one of the slowest moving, archaic CPG companies in existence. It takes months to execute relatively small initiatives, mostly due to the amount of red tape across the organization. Agility is a word that's still being thrown around, laughably so. Proactivity is a word this company can't grasp. Another issue that's plaguing the company is silos. There is very little communication between teams, even on important projects. Constant fires due to a misunderstanding of decision space, "that's not my job" is a hallmark of Purina at this point. Culture is a buzzword this company has lost years ago. Leadership pretends to be transparent yet continues to be robotic and vague in their messaging. They send out surveys and emails for feedback yet disregard the overall consensus.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company to work for

3 Nov 2022 - Entry Level Associate Research Technician in Gray Summit, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, good PTO, retirement fund

Cons

chose wisely what department you work for.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company, Sensitive People

31 Oct 2022 - Internal Auditor in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k Match Company Store Healthcare Plan + Wellness Stipend Close to stadium

Cons

In the City proper. Traffic is horrible during sports events and events. City extra income tax of 1%. Sensitive employees right out of college that have lacking social IQ and social critical thinking.

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

We can feel your frustration within your review. Our recruitment process is one that we consider to be robust and thorough, to ensure we are hiring the best of the best talent. Our Internal Audit department, just like all at Nestlé Purina, are filled with highly skilled individuals, and ones that continue to keep the organization in compliance and good standing.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good start

28 Oct 2022 - Mantenance Technician in Fairburn, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits pay well money

Cons

Overtime a lot no weekend of as maintenance tech on the backshift packing

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Losing appeal

31 Oct 2022 - Master Data Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has good perks and is near Busch Stadium for parking.

Cons

We have lost a lot of knowledge due to buyouts to cut costs. The atmosphere at work is stagnant and people are in leadership roles that have no clue what they are doing. They take gossip from team members, treat is as truths and take disciplenary action on it. Even when they are presented with numbers showing how much some people contribute compared to others they chose to ignore it. Too many managers or leadership members are friends with people that report to them causing really bad judgements.

5 people found this review helpful

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

Your review is disappointing to read, as we work diligently to ensure that individuals promoted to a leadership role are equipped with the skills and competencies to successfully lead a team. We encourage you to talk with your human resource contact to voice these concerns, so we can help work towards a better solution.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Engineer

25 Oct 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Corporate environment (not in manufacturing facility), beautiful campus.

Cons

Lots of layers of management. Not a lot of autonomy.

11. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Music in designated areas

7 Nov 2022 - Forklift Operator in Allentown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent during low inflation and a booming economy. That is not the case anymore.

Cons

Con ops schedule is horrible. Bring back traditional scheduling. Safety perks are non existing anymore.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,811 Reviews
    </>Embed

Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews FAQs

Nestlé Purina U.S. has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,974 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Nestlé Purina U.S. to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Nestlé Purina U.S. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Nestlé Purina U.S.. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

68% of Nestlé Purina U.S. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nestlé Purina U.S. 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Nestlé Purina U.S. Job Seekers