NetApp Senior Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 8 reviews

3.8
NetApp CEO George Kurian
George Kurian
  1. "Nice company to work in."

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Facilities are good. team members are nice.

Cons

Need to be up with the latest technology in the market.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

NetApp2019-08-13
  2. "Slow but great"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great employee benefits and culture - progressive leadership

Cons

- development & technology adoption is slow

NetApp2019-04-17
  3. "Good company to work"

I have been working at NetApp for more than 8 years

Pros

definitely great working culture with good compensation

Cons

Frequent Firings. Should retauin the employees rather then hiring new ones after firing old ones just becasue the project got closed

Advice to Management

nothing as such

NetApp2017-11-27
  4. "ToughInterview"

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The interview standard is very tough, the cover all areas of Storage, OS, Protocol, and Automation skills, at least 3-4 technical interviews happen with different interviewer, so lots of round and you need to keep patience, as we Netapp pay very well to deserving candidates. But the work

Cons

Lots of Interview Rounds Interviewers are not friendly. Attitude towards Contractors is not Good

Advice to Management

Excellent Pay Very Good Work Environment for Employees Good Focus on Career Devlopment

NetApp2017-03-14
  5. "NetApp"

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. Opportunity to work with some of the most brilliant minds 2. Great span of technologies - Kernel, Networking, Storage, Filesystem 3. Good paymaster

Cons

1. Lot of time gets spent in coordinating cross team efforts, this diminishes the amount of time spent in getting hands-on exposure and building up individual skills and competencies 2. Very less space and focus on career growth plan for individuals. Priority given only to engineers who are vocal and visible.

Advice to Management

1. Give more time and space to work hands on 2. More focus to be given for career growth and being more inclusive.

NetApp2016-06-22

"Twice layoff in a year"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beer bash on friday, free juice, coke, tea etc.. nothing else I think off. Wait well they arrange few events in a year.

Cons

Lot of work. You are espected to work day and night. No promotion, no hike. Espected to deal with layoff atleast 4 months in a year. You read right. They just announce it 2 months prior to each layoff with an email which is most optimistic in entire year. Once layoff completes one more round of rehiring to prepair for next layoff.

Advice to Management

Get some management training.....

NetApp2016-03-01

"Senior engineer"

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work life balance is great. You can get good projects if you are a good performer. Salary, perks/benefits are top notch when you join.

Cons

I served for over 10 years. Company sucks at acquisitions and integrating the same. Also management hides failures citing the reasons like macro and micro economic challenges. Too many internal BU rename and realignment. Good at losing market dominance viz iSCSI and integrated infrastructure. It was a great company to work for, that phase is passed.

Advice to Management

It is a technology company. Make managers, Sr managers,directors feel it. Hire them to do the techno managerial job and not just politics. Hire people from right experience background and not just to fill up the numbers.

NetApp2016-01-02

"Lot of good work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

Size of company is good enough to get good work and recognition, unlike big companies like Microsoft.

Cons

NetApp India has lot of fluctuation between salaries offered for same experience - depends on how good the employee bargains. Should offer consistent package according to their standard in the industry.

Advice to Management

Offer competitive package as per NetApp's position in market irrespective of employee's bargaining skills.

NetApp2011-11-14

"Some good things, some frustrations"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work/life balance, collaborative culture, volunteer-time-off policy. I've had opportunities to work in different technology areas--product code, quality, developer tools. The initiatives around quality have made it easier to find bugs sooner and back them out of the code base; we are on a good trajectory in this area. I have great relationships with my colleagues and the first few levels of my management chain.

Cons

Life as a Data ONTAP developer has its frustrations, starting with access to the engineering environment (via the vmware horizon client) and erratic build farm performance; these make it hard to be as productive as we'd like to be. Some programs were killed several years (and million$/billion$) too late, and some acquisitions should never have been made; it's frustrating to see all this waste and to be told there's...

Advice to Management

Don't squander our profits on dubious acquisitions or programs that you're going to cancel before they pay off; invest instead in keeping your developers productive. If you're going to solicit "tough questions" from employees, don't let them go unanswered.

NetApp2018-05-19

"Sr Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at NetApp for more than a year

Pros

1. Enterprise storage is a very interesting space in the systems software world. 2. NetApp is very successful in that space 3. Mostly sane work-life balance

Cons

1. In my group (the ex-Solidfire distributed block storage product), it was very difficult to get the equipment needed to effectively test the system at customer scale. This results in worker frustration and serious availability and scalability issues with the product. (This seems to be a problem throughout the enterprise storage industry - for some reason there is plenty of money to hire people but limited money to get...

NetApp2017-11-28