Netbuilder Employee Reviews about "academy"

Updated Dec 15, 2015

Found 13 of over 92 reviews

4.5
Netbuilder Director Daniel Gregg (no image)
Daniel Gregg
Pros
  • "Trip to Palma (Spain) Each year paid for by the company for the NETbuilder Summit(in 15 reviews)

• "Recently moved with the academy to the new offices at MediaCityUK in Manchester(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "people not playing their pool tournament games(in 8 reviews)

• "Working with varied clients can be initially challenging for some, but is a learning curve(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

11h

works at

Deloitte

A BIG LAYOff is about to come Reasons 1)I was reading a report in that it is mentioned lot of employees got massive hike but now they are not able to prove their worth 2)Fear of recession 3)Startup has paid very high Amt to a lot of because it was not the money that they have earned actually & the biggest reason Supply is increasing at very very high rate now especially in IT. Don’t afraid to accept truth😇it is same for me Tata Consultancy Deloitte HCL Technologies Accenture India

26 Comments

Tech India

79.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Netbuilder~672348
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "academy"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company which works hard and plays hard what more can you ask for?!?!

Dec 15, 2015 - Consultant in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to develop your interpersonal skills (lots of social events including a pool tournament). The academy is a big confidence boost to all personality types. Accommodation (with all bills) is provided by the company.

Cons

Money is an issue while training so make sure you have some savings. Salary is the same amount regardless of which location you are placed at, this can be a problem if you end up living somewhere where living costs are high.

2. 5.0

Coding with UK's finest

Oct 22, 2015 - Academy Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had a great time over the last 12 weeks meeting lads from all over the British Isles and the States as well. Developed skills in relevant programming languages and frameworks. Rubbed shoulders with some UK corporate giants. The trainers took a great interest in ensuring Academy trainees maintained a good work-life balance. Great experience for anyone looking to get a start in the tech industry.

Cons

Everyone is so good at pool and it's a bit intimidating. I would prefer the Fun option Friday fridge be filled with only Stella and Strongbow, but so many people insist on drinking John Smith, Budweiser and Carlsberg. Rubbish.

Netbuilder Response

Marketing Officer

Hi, its great to hear your enjoying your time with us! I have to say I am sorry to hear about the cons in regards to the beer and pool... this is something we will have to look at improving on. Maybe we can invest in getting some pool lessons sorted, we discourage anybody feeling intimidated!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Simply Incredible

Sep 29, 2015 - Gateway Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

NETbuilder academy is simply incredible, a place to develop team spirit, technical skills, and they value their staffs feedback. With the academy you build technical knowledge in the latest and most requested technologies from employers that will give you a huge boost in your career with skills that will set you up for life. NETbuilder treats it employees amazingly, only a few weeks ago they took employees to an all expensed weekend away to Palma, Spain. The weekend ended in at Titos (most famous nightclub in Palma) with are own private room and all the drink paid for till 6am. And to put the cherry on the cake, for the year and a half I’ve worked with NETbuilder. I’ve used my specialised training to create an incredible CV, with work experience for a number of FTSE 100 companies.

Cons

Could work anyway in the UK, so you need to be flexible. This is a good or bad thing depending on the person. For me I love seeing new places.

4. 5.0

Netbuilder Employee

Sep 18, 2015 - Devops Engineer in Reading, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great relationship between the trainees and trainers in the academy. You get to play pool and drink at work on Fridays and they pick up the tab at the local bar once a month. Whats not to like?

Cons

You don't get to drink at work Monday->Thursday.

5. 5.0

Great Atmosphere, Great Opportunities

Aug 11, 2015 - Gateway Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training provided in a great atmosphere, I've learnt so much in only 2 months. They've delivered everything they've promised and I've really enjoyed my time at the academy.

Cons

Due to the nature of the business things can happen on short notice - however they definitely provide the help you need and it's clear the staff really care.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

A Good way to Start your Career

Aug 6, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Academy is a friendly and fun office, with the trainers being some of the funniest and brilliant people, really helping you engage in what you are learning and helping out as much as possible but without making feel like you aren't just being told what to do.

Cons

Some Cons to working here is that there is a long queue for the pool table, but on a more serious note you don't get paid while at the academy and have to provide yourself with food, which can be a struggle but they do try and get everyone placed as soon as possible which is a big help.

7. 5.0

Great opportunity

Jul 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They start you at the beginning and you learn some really cool technologies through their academy. I am very glad I took up this opportunity with Netbuilder to start my IT career and look forward to what it will bring

Cons

You need to be available to relocate around the UK

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nothing easy is worth having

May 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Netbuilder with just 3 hours of code academy javascript under my belt and within seven months I was a mid-level data engineer/helping with data architect tasks at a household name insurance website. I have since left to become data team lead at world leading ed-tech company, all within a year of my initial interview. This journey wouldn't have been possible without Netbuilder's help, training, support and contacts. All the people who are in the Academy, both as trainers and trainees, are lovely and provide you with the basis of a professional network to call upon when you face technical or professional problems or just fancy some old friends to talk to at industry events. Netbuilder's sales staff are magic workers, who have an outstanding record of getting consultants with limited experience and escalating knowledge into placements that they otherwise wouldn't have had a chance of getting on their own.

Cons

Unlike school or uni, Netbuilder academy will not spoon-feed you the information and training because Netbuilder's clients won't either, if you don't know how to do something look it up or cozy up to the people who do. This might feel uncomfortable for some, but will make you into a resourceful and adaptable consultant throughout your future career. You do have to be very geographically flexible and sometime have to move across the country at very short notice (<1 week) with no relocation package or expenses if you want to commute. Pay is lower than some other big consultancies would start you on, however it is stable and more than you would get on rentacoder.com or other such freelance sites if you were to teach yourself and try to build a career in IT on your own.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great Experience

Apr 23, 2015 - Gateway Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Academy: Amazing facilities (Office, Accommodation & Location) Great Social Events Good Course Structure Excellent standard and delivery of content Training staff are extremely helpful Friendly and professional atmosphere Both Challenging and Rewarding Industry level training for junior developers in various technologies Industry level recognized certifications/qualifications paid for by the company

Cons

Must be geographically flexible Putting in extra work is beneficial in the long run Not a lot of choice in which technologies you are trained in, it varies depending on what the business needs so be prepared for training in what ever the business needs. Training can sometimes feel rushed

10. 5.0

Great Opportunity To Begin Your Career in IT

Apr 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Improve Technical Skills - Improve Business / Professional Skills - Improve Social / Networking Skills After the training course you will not only gain experience in a new technology (possible gain industry acknowledged certification) but also gain insight into the business analysis skills needed to be an IT Consultant. You are provided with a nice apartment to stay in while you’re training less than 10 minute walk away from the academy office in the Heart of Media City. (Wi-Fi, Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Electric Cooker, Microwave, Fridge/Freezer… Everything you need really…) There are many out of work activities and events to get to know your colleagues: pub visits, quiz nights, pool competitions, football matches, etc.

Cons

Training can be quite intense but is definitely manageable The technology you go into is based on what is available so you do need to keep an open mind

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews