Netspend Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Netspend Reviews

Updated 1 Sep 2019

3.6
Netspend CEO Chuck Harris (no image)
Chuck Harris
Pros
  • "Corporate culture promotes good work / life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "Great people, in the heart of downtown Austin location with great city views, nice benefit options, challenging work, innovative culture(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management and upper management see a lot of promotions while neglecting the masses(in 5 reviews)

• "This company has left such a nasty taste in my mouth I'm moving out of Austin(in 5 reviews)

1. "Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida

I have been working at Netspend full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is mainly with J2EE tech stack. They keep on trying changing their legacy work, to new tech stach. What ever new work comes, built using latest tech stack 1) Fun filled environment 2) Work life balance 3) Foosball, pooltable, GYM within premises

Cons

1) Timings are 12 noon - 9pm (though flexible )

Netspend2019-09-01
  2. "Cool Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst

I worked at Netspend full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do not micromanage employees. They trust you to get the work done.

Cons

I worked as a temporary employee. I got a position somewhere else so left. They wanted me to stay as a temporary employee but needed a permanent job. Since new management, after I left, I am not able to get an interview for a job I am definitely qualified for. They have a hight turn over rate so working there may be different once you are a permanent employee.

Advice to Management

Review resumes and set up interviews with individuals that are qualified for the job. I normally would not work downtown but I was going to make allowances for NetSpend because of the people I worked with.

Netspend2019-08-21
  3. "Extremely difficult and political environment, but great place for skills development."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Netspend full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people are great and are willing to help. Decent benefits and PTO, 5% 401K match, and maternity leave just got better - I think 8 weeks at 100%.

Cons

Very political environment Not much room for growth Lacks cultural diversity and cultural understanding Leadership needs work Blame cultural (mistakes not acceptable) Documentation of processes does not exist

Advice to Management

Create a diverse leadership team with the appropriate skill set.

Netspend2019-07-31
  4. "q"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Netspend full-time for less than a year

Pros

nothing at all to be honest

Cons

no growth and too much calls

Advice to Management

help the the representatives

Netspend2019-07-01

"Horrible"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Austin, TX

I worked at Netspend full-time for less than a year

Pros

OT frequently offered and meals

Cons

Favoritism and messy employees from top to bottom.

Netspend2018-07-02
  6. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Web & Mobile Architect in Austin, TX

I worked at Netspend full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is great and the management recognizes people who think outside of the box. Company actually listens to employees and reacts accordingly.

Cons

Legacy software stack is a bit of a bear and is difficult to navigate around, but management realizes this and is working (albeit slowly) to rectify this issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees, let them have a voice!

Netspend2017-09-01

"Avoid this company. Worked here 2.75 years and the environment and culture was slowly destroyed by TSYS."

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Netspend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The cons far overshadow any Pros left here. Pay rate was near the scale average. If you're in management, you are more likely to get a promotion.

Cons

Management and upper management see a lot of promotions while neglecting the masses. Saw my manager and their director get three promotions in 2.5 years while people under them got none. They hired new replacements to fill the gaps once they advanced. Leaving reports under new management constantly. A relaxed environment turned to a stressful rule based environment.

Advice to Management

You're already bought into the TSYS culture and changes; no advice left for you.

Netspend2017-05-17
  8. "Developer"

Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Netspend full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Current developer at Netspend. Have been here for 5 years and love the team. Management is very supportive and gives me all the support they can. Pretty laid-back environment and really smart people. Excellent mission that helps people that can't get a bank account. CEO is really cool and is very ethical.

Cons

Some red-tape to deal with given it's a financial company. The IT operations and information security teams can be hard to work with and make it hard to go as fast as we'd like.

Advice to Management

Devops!

Netspend2017-02-28

"Avoid this company like the plauge"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Netspend full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some Team Building exercises on occasion

Cons

Mid and upper level mangement is the worst I've seen in 15 years of Software Development. Everyone that works there has only been there less than 3-6 months. The first day I started, was told that developers only stay there about 2 weeks, because is a bunch of website re-skins. This company is a predatory lender that preys on the lower income bracket of customers and charges them exuburent fees. I sent email to H.R.... To say that I needed to go to the hospital over the weekend and they said that would be my last day at NetSpend = discrimination. This company has left such a nasty taste in my mouth I'm moving out of Austin.

Advice to Management

Overhaul your entire mid to higher level mangement. Don't throw lower level employees under the bus. Quit setting this place up as a mill hiring new batch of employees every 90 days and firing

Netspend2017-02-24

"Bad first impression"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Netspend full-time for less than a year

Pros

My coworkers were great as were the people in other departments I interacted with. The perks weren't bad they have an office downtown.

Cons

HR and management was unorganized, providing incorrect information about position and expectations. Also there was a lack of support and miscommunication about expectations for the role.

Advice to Management

Ensure role expectations are established prior to hiring and communicate this initially to employees to make sure everyone is on the same page. Also follow up HR to make sure they aren't driving away interested candidates with a first impression of incompetence and misalignment between departments.

Netspend2017-01-13