Nexant Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 3 Sep 2018

3.2
Nexant CEO  John Gustafson
John Gustafson
Pros
Cons
  • "The senior management made poor decisions at the expense of its employees(in 7 reviews)

• "Many projects team would work hard on would be put on pause or be terminated due to upper management change of direction(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"Frustrating Leadership Decisions Overshadow Talented Coworkers and Important Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Nexant full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was able to build my skills and learn from some very intelligent leaders in the industry. My immediate managers were excellent mentors and aided me in progressing my career. The work was very interesting and I had the opportunity to work directly with several clients. You get to do meaningful work while earning trust from managers and clients.

Cons

There is no transparency throughout the company. The senior management made poor decisions at the expense of its employees. There were no women on the board or in any executive positions. Several times we heard screaming matches between executives in the office. The CEO promised to make changes and make decisions more transparent but did not follow through on these promises.

Nexant Response

December 7, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. At this time, in the San Francisco office, several changes were enacted and you’d find that good things are happening here. These changes include new leadership and new initiatives to add more transparency, promote a healthy culture, and in general, make this a better place to work. As companies evolve from startup to mid-size, the next levels require more planning, more accountability, and the proper execution of initiatives. Here in HR, we are in constant improvement mode. Our CEO recently presented monetary awards for people that presented high impact ideas that make Nexant a better place. Steps are being taken in a positive direction. Please feel free to contact us at hr@nexant.com if you have more suggestions that you think would help your former coworkers (our colleagues). We’d love to listen to hear from our alumni!

"My honest opinion"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Nexant full-time for more than a year

Pros

The location of the office - really close to pubs, which you will need! The people and personalities of the ops team keeps things entertaining. There are some really smart people in the office though they always seem overworked and some are leaving. Work/life balance can be good at times but it's not great.

Cons

My senior management ranking is 1 out of 5 stars. For every 1 good senior manager, there are 4 lazy and lousy ones. For every 1 good idea from select good senior managers, they have to fight against 4 other stupid, pointless ideas or egos from other "leaders" in the office. Things are not changing and just getting worse. Little to no investment/training for new starters. "on the job training" = no training especially if senior management doesn't provide guidance or can even explain proper methodologies to the junior team. If i could, I would give zero stars for career opportunities. According to my mentor, office/management issues have been around for a long time. Many people left in 2010/2011 and people thought things would change but nothing has. Now, many people are leaving again. I guess management hasn't learned from its mistakes?

Continue reading

"Smart people minus leadership skills, doesn't care about employees, tells employees to lie to clients."

Former Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Nexant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are good and that's about it, You can make some really good friends but everyone's longeveity is very limited, employed today but not tomorrow.

Cons

Terribly poor senior management in Chandler office and HQ in San Francisco. CEO doesn't care about anyone but himself, makes no effort to know or connect with staff. Lot's of cronyism at VP level and above. Complete disregard for staff, employee development, and lousy rewards, Bonuses are minimal and work hours and expectations are beyond reasonable, This company has a declining reputation in the industry and is not a good career choice for anyone, if hired you are temporary and will be tossed away like trash after your energy and talents are milked by senior management. Absolutely no loyalty to employees or staff - terrible work environment with callous and condescending senior management - especially in Chandler office and HQ.

Continue reading

"Management has no strategic direction - old school thinking and hierarchal mentality"

I have been working at Nexant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being able to work from home is a bonus

Cons

Don't expect to go anywhere in this company. Keep your head down and don't bring any creativity. It is one person's way out, or its the highway. If you stick up for your direct reports you are immediately blacklisted. If you are a female, you will not go anywhere. The company recycles the same "senior management" over and over again thinking that the latest way will make the company competitive. Company will not be around 18 months from now.

Continue reading

"Good company when I joined, not the case any more"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nexant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the people are good to work with, work can be challenging and there is an opportunity to learn and be exposed to a variety of matters.

Cons

Poorly managed, absence of leadership. Arrogant senior level management who don't listen to people under them. Very poor resource allocation. Senior management who throw people under the bus to protect their backsides.

"Some Fabulous Talent - Some, Not so Great"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nexant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting, motivating project work on the (when we could get it). Some very talented, intelligent, hardworking people.

Cons

If you are female - good luck. Senior management has no concept of equal pay. No accountability for non-contributors or pot stirrers. Worst corporate communication and employee engagement ever experienced. Promotions and recognition only go to the people who make the most noise - regardless of their qualifications or accomplishments.

Continue reading

"Needs better top management"

I worked at Nexant

Pros

International work experience and technically competent

Cons

Worst senior management, zero synergy between business unit, senior management lines its own pockets and leaves the rest, owner is a private investor guy waiting to make a quick buck and moving on, aging senior managers with no proper grooming of mid layer..

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.