Nexant Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 10 Oct 2020

3.2
Nexant CEO  John Gustafson
John Gustafson
Pros
Cons
  • "The senior management made poor decisions at the expense of its employees(in 7 reviews)

• "Many projects team would work hard on would be put on pause or be terminated due to upper management change of direction(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Sinking ship"

1.0

I have been working at Nexant full-time

Pros

Good work environment, work life balance, good salary.

Cons

Poor management vision, no mission, investors dependent company. Going to sink soon

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Program Outreach Coordinator in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Nexant full-time

Pros

Incredible work life balance and experience

Cons

Not a lot of cons if you put your work in

3. "Data Scientist"

4.0
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Nexant full-time

Pros

Work Life Balance. You are heard.

Cons

Growing in software .

"Wrong people in management"

2.0

I have been working at Nexant full-time

Pros

Work/life balance OK pay OK benefits People care about the environment Nice coworkers Interesting work, engages your brain

Cons

Lack of diversity in management leads to group think Mid-level management is not held accountable for changes that the top wants to make They tend to promote individuals who are great technically and have little to no social skills into management positions Titles are more important than good ideas General lack of understanding of the importance of employee satisfaction General lack of understanding of management principles (for projects and people) No career advancement opportunities for minorities

Continue reading

"Company is lost , failing business strategy, lack of experience in executive leadership"

2.0
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nexant full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work/Life Balance Wages Autonomy but some (Sr. VP's) are given far too much autonomy and operate outside of what's required, bypassing company rules, etc.

Cons

CEO lacks management experience. Rushing to enhance the bottom line for potential acquisition Lack of direction on recent changes Business strategy isn't forward thinking, they've lost the vision for the future. Executive leadership is simply pursuing their "golden parachutes". Moral compass of the company has been lost over the last two years. Recent high churn on employees due to that above.

6. "Smart"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Nexant full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good work life balance, opportunities to learn, supportive co workers and environment. There is expertise right across the company, and you can find a niche to be an expert in.

Cons

Communication from management could be better.

"Great Work-Life Balanced but Lack Professional Growth"

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator

I have been working at Nexant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-Life Balance. Good Benefits.

Cons

Fewer opportunity for professional development and growth.

April 16, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for the feedback! We always like to hear from our colleagues. There have been several employees that have moved up in their career at Nexant. Most recently, one of our team mates moved into an HR role from an admin role! It happens so don't give up. If you have aspirations for your career, please speak about it with your manager. It's a standard expectation across many companies since we don't know what each individual's vision and managers have several direct reports - and it's best not to guess anyway. We are building out a career development process that describe basic expectations for all positions. This way you'll see how you need to develop yourself if you want a particular job. Please contact your manager and have a discussion about this. If you'd like, you can always contact HR at hr@nexant.com. Have a great day!

"Program Management"

Current Employee - Program Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Nexant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Accessible environment for teamwork and collaboration - Intelligent, yet approachable colleagues - Understanding of work-life balance - Lots of variation in work to be done - Lots of problem solving

Cons

- At times, a lot of online meetings (as opposed to in-person) - Lots of internal competition for growth opportunities

November 27, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It's always good to hear from our employees. Unalterable anonymous reviews give us the feedback we need. As the digital age becomes more prevalent, it does seem that we relay on our tools much more than before; however, we always appreciate the employees like you that will take the time to meet in-person. As Nexant grows we expect more opportunities to become available. Thanks again; we're happy to have you on our team.

"Talent Acquisition Specialist"

I have been working at Nexant full-time

Pros

Culture & Environment, Work Life Balance, Perks & Benefits, Leadership, Pay

Cons

No concerns as of yet, still very new to the organization, but so far everyone seems very friendly and laid back.

"Project Coordinator"

I have been working at Nexant full-time

Pros

Great team spirit, very collaborative team. Flexible environment, opportunities to learn and grow. Excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Flat management structure is nice but career development path is not always clear.

August 1, 2016HR Recruiting Administrator

Thank you for your support! We appreciate you being part of this journey! In this journey, HR is working to develop more programs associated with career bench marking, and professional development. Please accept our efforts, as this is on our agenda in the coming future. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please contact HR.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews