North American Bancard Reviews

Updated 14 Sep 2020

North American Bancard President & CEO     Marc Gardner
Marc Gardner
Pros
  • "It's a great opportunity to work with great people(in 13 reviews)

• "Don't be fooled by their casual dress code, popcorn machines, and "spirit days(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management is sneaky and cut throat they careless about the employees(in 14 reviews)

• "Speed of trust is preached and never followed through with within the company(in 8 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"A company that cares"

Current Employee - Team Member in Troy, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consistent and Informative communication and support during COVID Help for parents struggling with competing priorities with remote schooling Emphasizing mental health and wellness Took good care of furloughed team members - provided benefits coverage Managers encouraged to help with flexible work options C Suite communications in Town Hall settings monthly to keep all updated Opportunity to take on more opportunity/promotion in spite of pandemic Recent hires have been true upgrade from past - great talent coming in

Cons

Groups still tend to be siloed in decision making, need more focus on collaboration Not competitive with time off or entry level compensation Still feels like there are "in" teams and "out" teams, need more focus on bringing everyone into the conversation

CHRO

This review made our day! Thank you for your recognition of the time, effort and energy our leaders have given to our collective response to the COVID pandemic. Our strategy was focused on appreciation for the individual and their unique journey over the past six months. We knew consistent, transparent communication - whether in Executive-led Town Halls, or in a 1:1 setting with a supervisor - was critical, so we put our efforts there. Your positive review shows that while we are not perfect, we are getting this right. We will continue to communicate...and just as important, we will continue to listen to ensure we do all we can to meet the needs of our team members during this unprecedented time. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community!

2. COVID-19

"Great company heading in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leadership team cares, and this has shown especially throughout this pandemic. Communication has been great and there is a focus on employee well-being. Get to work with a diverse group of people. Company is growing and senior leadership is heading the company in the right direction for continued success. Great working environment and I truly love working at NAB!

Cons

The company is very complex and there could be more collaboration across departments to make it easier on the team members and to create a better experience for our merchants.

3. COVID-19

"Going in the right direction"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Executive leadership is holding regular meetings with department and team leaders to keep everyone informed of policy updates, company performance, COVID-response plans, and any other topics people want to ask about. Attendees are invited to ask any questions in the meeting or anonymously by submitting them beforehand. Comments are as welcome as questions and encouraged! -The COVID-19 response by the company has been fantastic. Workers have the flexibility to work at home and handle to the school-age kids challenge many of us are facing. Safety for staff has been THE top priority. -The company has invested a tremendous amount of time and money to equip staff with laptops and tools necessary to work at home. -New HR leadership is very engaged and energized to continue on the path of improving our culture and addressing diversity concerns and social justice awareness has become an important focus for us, even taking time each month to take a moment of silence to reflect on policing, responsibilities to our community, and racial continuity. -Pay and benefits continue to improve a bit each year. -The company continues to invest in technologies to improve our work capabilities, to improve our ability and capacity to process for our merchants, and also to provide better data so smarter decisions can be made about where to focus for growth. -Colleagues are very supportive of one another and really know their stuff, so take the opportunity to learn from them!

Cons

Change is inevitable and many former employees obviously struggled with that on their way out the door. This place isn't for everyone. It's very intense and you won't be babied here. If you are ambitious, motivated, and good at what you do, you'll do really well here. If you expect to have your hand held every time you encounter problems, or struggle in an environment where tough business decisions must be made to stay competitive and profitable, or cling to old ways of thinking or prior failed leadership styles because they were nice people, you'll struggle here.

CHRO

Thank you so much for this thoughtful, positive review of North American Bancard, and especially for letting us know how much you appreciate and value the effort and energy we have put around having more consistent, intentional communication with our leaders across the company. Our goal is to create clarity, build resilience, and catalyze positive change so we will continue to focus on increasing and improving our communication. We are also grateful for your advice to management. I am excited to share that based upon team member feedback like yours, we will have a renewed focus on career development and succession planning in our upcoming performance review process. As the economy turns around it will be critical for us to have “ready now” talent for key positions and projects so while we have done well in this space, we can always do better. With appreciation, Kari Lawry Chief People Operations Officer

4. "Supportive Environment and Great People"

5.0
    Current Employee - HRIS Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive environment, great people, opportunities to learn and expand your skills/knowledge

Cons

Fast paced environment, but with the opportunity to learn and grow

CHRO

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive feedback for NAB on Glassdoor. I was excited to see that you were employed with us PRE and POST Covid so your feedback is particularly valuable. We know through our team member feedback, that there is significant concern around the ability to learn and grow in the midst of a pandemic. I am glad that you find your work environment supportive and you are finding those opportunities to continue to develop in your career. We are already starting to feel the positive momentum in our industry and we know that only means positive growth projections for NAB...and even more opportunity for our talented and hard working team members!

"Place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor Level II in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to work remote and hours are very flexible.

Cons

required to take phone calls and the promotion to move up in the company are very limited and not really available.

CHRO

Thank you for your feedback and 4-star rating! We appreciate that you are satisfied with your current remote work situation and flexible hours - we continue to hear great feedback from our team members on this. As we move through this pandemic we have realized - based upon team member feedback - how critically important it is to not only be as flexible as we can with work hours and structure, but to increase the communication and conversations we are having with each other about this topic. Since you are currently working at NAB, I hope you have engaged in a “flexibility conversation” with your own direct leader as we are encouraging everyone to do on a regular basis. I was disappointed to read that you feel promotions at NAB are limited and not readily available. As a customer-focused organization, we value our Technical Support team members and the skills and competencies required to perform that critical role. As the overall business economy improves, I am positive that there will be multiple opportunities opening up for development and promotion. You have a great opportunity coming up to speak to your career aspirations as we are rolling out our annual performance review process with a clear emphasis on development and succession, I encourage you to take advantage of that. If you wish to discuss career options further I encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner, they are excellent in consulting in this area. Again, thank you for taking time to write this review, we are grateful for your feedback.

"Stupid decision, little to no effort, skate city"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You don't have to work much!

Cons

Poor leadership, divisive team leadership, no one really cares about what they're doing.

CHRO

While it is always difficult to read a one star review, I am grateful for your feedback as we continuously look to improve. It is always a goal to provide a challenging work environment and competitive pay for our team members, but it's clear that your experience at NAB has been less than satisfactory. Since you are currently working at NAB, you know that the workload and performance pressures during this pandemic have increased for all of us, so I was surprised to read that you feel as though you don’t need to work much. As we place increasing emphasis on collaboration, innovative problem solving and continuous improvement we would welcome any team member with excess capacity and a desire to develop and grow, to join a task force or cross functional team. I encourage you to speak to your direct supervisor for options or reach out to our VP of Talent to talk through opportunities. I agree with your advice to management around the need to better understand what our team members need. As we continue to grow as an organization, it's important to develop feedback loops that will tell us more about how our team members think and feel. I know it is just a start, but over the past 6 months we have implemented multiple surveys, focus groups and one-on-one interviews with team members across the company seeking feedback. We are asking important questions, and more importantly we are listening. For example, our current remote work policy, including a home office reimbursement program and technology reimbursement program, were developed and prioritized based upon the collective voice of our team members. I personally welcome you to contact me directly, I would appreciate hearing more so we can continue to improve. I believe we can always do better and am happy to listen to your suggestions. Thank you, Kari Lawry Chief People Officer

7. COVID-19

"A Comfortable Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Advisor

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

Comfortable atmosphere Good pay for the position Stress-free workplace Great COVID19 response Very diverse workforce Comprehensive initial training

Cons

You're interacting with customers, so you need to have a thick skin sometimes Call center environment is not for everyone

"Run the other direction"

Former Employee - Business Development Director in Centennial, CO

I worked at North American Bancard full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has many great opportunities to grow but communication is sparse.

Cons

I was unable to be productive with this company bc it is so disorganized. While trying to close opportunities I was always met with roadblocks that should be easily solved through a thriving company but it wasn’t so here. To simply get a contract reviewed and written by legal was a struggle. When I was able to close business successfully I was unable to board merchants bc no help from management.

"Completely Dysfunctional Organization"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at North American Bancard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you work remotely, you can basically collect your check and work side hustles

Cons

The founder and CEO is a maniac who leads with fear and shouting and constantly changing priorities.

"okay company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay out within 3 days

Cons

The over charge clients free devices don’t work. Which lead to you losing clients and they push out all your car lots

Found 209 reviews