North American Bancard Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 4 Dec 2019

2.7
North American Bancard CEO Marc Gardner
Marc Gardner
Pros
  • "It's a great opportunity to work with great people(in 12 reviews)

• "Don't be fooled by their casual dress code, popcorn machines, and "spirit days(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management is sneaky and cut throat they careless about the employees(in 14 reviews)

• "Speed of trust is preached and never followed through with within the company(in 8 reviews)

1. "Relaxed atmosphere, busy, good co-workers"

Current Employee - Finance in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always busy. A lot of work. Show initiative, not a slacker.

Cons

Not anymore cliquey than anywhere else I have worked.

Advice to Management

None

North American Bancard2019-12-04

"Finance"

I worked at North American Bancard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Getting paid that is all

Cons

I’m going to ping off of another post, finance is nothing but backstabbing, gossiping, bullying and drama

Advice to Management

HR, should really start asking questions as to why people leave back there, they may realize they could take care of it in one action rather than losing good people

North American Bancard2019-10-08
  3. "If it isn't for you that's ok. Keep on moving."

Current Employee - Other in Troy, MI

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of change for the better in the last couple of years. The company definitely has raised the standards for performance and it shows. People are working together more than ever. In fact, people actually smile and acknowledge each other in the hallways in Troy which was missing a few years ago. We have benefits that get better every year. Great culture for people who get bored at other places and want to... make a difference. Your work matters here so the lazy or entitled need not show up and ruin it for the rest of us who love the direction we're headed. If you come here to learn everything that you can about the company and the industry, you will love it! It's a great opportunity to work with great people!

Cons

Not a great place for people who need predictability, can't communicate effectively, have egos that get in the way, can't easily handle change, or can't take feedback.

Advice to Management

Things are so much better than they used to be. Keep pushing us.

North American Bancard2019-09-26

"Not that great!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Boarding in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It used to be a great place to work at, and I was always excited to come to work. But since company was acquired last year lots of people started leaving especially upper management. The current management team just care about themselves and making their bosses happy and dont really care to hear out the rest of team.

Cons

Benefits are not that great, no room for growth. Management has its inner circle and they don't like other's to advance unless they really like you. People keep leaving the company and instead of hiring more to cover their workload they just dump it on someone else and dont pay more.

Advice to Management

Give your team more attention, think about the amount of stress they already have with their current work function and perhaps think about giving them better wages.

North American Bancard2019-09-19

"drama, fake, clique"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Troy, MI

I worked at North American Bancard full-time for less than a year

Pros

you getting paid is the only good thing about that place

Cons

-drama -everyone talks behind each other’s backs -fake -no training program -have to wing it

Advice to Management

Hire managers that actually care about people instead of sitting there complaining about your life.

North American Bancard2019-09-23

"Really bad culture"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

We get to wear jeans.

Cons

Very toxic culture. No communication, unless it's negative of course. No training. Oh and DON'T YOU DARE ask a question! Their response is along the lines of "I answered that a month ago, in passing at the water cooler. Don't you remember?!" "Um, no, actually I don't." "Well then you're a moron, you're incompetent, you have demerits on your record." And rest assured five minutes later they are running to the... HR "leader" to tell them how stupid you are. Literally that's how you get treated.

North American Bancard2019-09-26

"Unethical"

I worked at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

Fast paced and much to learn

Cons

Be prepared to teach yourself most of the job functions. Managers have the, "no news is good news," mentality so don't bother asking for feedback on your progress or management will get annoyed. Expect to adapt your work to constantly changing standards. Make sure not to show lack of confidence because then you'll be treated as someone who needs micromanaged. Concerns will be swept under the rug. Plus, if a manager... doesn't like you, likely you'll be ignored and things will be found (even the smallest infractions) to get you fired. I felt like I had to teach myself and good portion of my work and managers didn't help my confidence claiming I was taking too much action on accounts, then not enough and so on. The training was the worst I ever had and unacceptable considering all the functions and responsibilities. Managers will not abide by the typical disciplinary process, so you could go from a verbal to a final in no time

Advice to Management

Lost cause. No advice will help. Managers won't listen and would rather have employees who just smile, nod, and work without complaining or expressing themselves about anything

North American Bancard2019-09-22
  8. "comfortable place"

Current Employee - Partner Relations

I have been working at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

Lax dress code, everyone is nice and easy to talk to, professional yet not cut throat, welcoming, Raises and benefits yearly

Cons

Can be overwhelming, ALOT of info to learn, dealing with 10 different partner websites that you have to know every inch of in order to do your job

Advice to Management

your doing good.

North American Bancard2019-08-16

"The company has experienced a lot of growth recently."

Former Employee - Advisor

I worked at North American Bancard full-time

Pros

They offer a pretty decent benefits package

Cons

The experience in Customer Care is very disconnected

North American Bancard2019-08-08

"They won't train you but they will expect you to do the job immediately and with a big smile on your face."

Former Employee - Risk Operations Analyst in Tempe, AZ

I worked at North American Bancard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dark lighting , Work life balance,

Cons

Management acts like children. If they believe you are not being a team player by smiling and nodding they may give you the silent treatment or send passive aggressive emails.They do shady stuff to keep the business floating and you will be requested to be shady too. You may have to put accounts on hold and then beg the merchants agent dor forgiveness . If you so not please agents thoroughly management will be angry... with you.

Advice to Management

Run this operation like a real business. See humans as humans not a number.

North American Bancard2019-08-18