What people are saying about Northrop Grumman
Got a burning question about Northrop Grumman? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Northrop Grumman employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and 401k." (in 1040 reviews)
- "So its a great for people who go from undergrad to grad school with minimal experience and can get a well" (in 695 reviews)
- "good pay and I learned a few new things which was fun." (in 618 reviews)
- "You can have a good work/life balance while you are there since you usually get paid more for overtime which is typically at your discretion." (in 526 reviews)
- "You can work on very interesting projects and make a good salary working for Northrop Grumman." (in 252 reviews)
- "They expect you to work overtime and they usually need it to make up for poor management." (in 401 reviews)
- "Bad managers acting out of self interest in some areas." (in 255 reviews)
- "3. Upper management often takes away needed workstations and floor space for their pet projects that never work or just to cram more people in the plant." (in 134 reviews)
- "Raises are small and you have to be Superman on Steroids to get rated anything higher then '3' or average on you performance review." (in 112 reviews)
- "Some of the Senior Leadership have a 'Bully' mentality where middle Management are afraid to speak freely for fear of reprisal." (in 97 reviews)
Found 305 of over 11T reviews
Updated 3 Oct 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "9 80 schedule"Return to all Reviews
- 5.021 Jun 2016Software Engineer VCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsMelbourne, FL
Get to use really cool software development technologies. Lots of opportunities across locations all over US and in UK. Great benefits - and 9/80 work schedule (80 hours in 9 work days every two weeks) is really nice.
Typical of big company - sometimes too much bureaucracy. But they're really working to fix that with their "Busting Bureaucracy" project.Northrop Grumman Response8y
Thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing from current employees.
- 4.014 Jan 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Worked here as a summer business intern, management was extremely open and friendly. 9/80 schedule is great and allows for errands to be completed on the weekdays. Very stable, and I was offered a job after graduation.
The company seems slow to implement changes and the work as a business person is not very exciting. Not a lot of young people seem to want to stay beyond a few years.