OVO Reviews

Found 440 of over 454 reviews

3.5
OVO CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick
Stephen Fitzpatrick
Pros
  • "free breakfast (toast and cereal)(in 45 reviews)

• "OVO has a great mission (Plan Zero) and a really inclusive culture(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A good measure of an employer is how they treat you once they no longer need you, and Ovo was 5/5(in 33 reviews)

• "Company can be very fast paced which is not for everyone(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0

Oct 14, 2021 - Team Leader in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible benefits with 4% of wage to be spent on tech / bike schemes

Cons

Pay not aligned across departments

1 person found this review helpful

OVO Response

Thanks for leaving us a review. Over the last few months we’ve worked especially hard at making sure our peoples reward package is super competitive, and works for everyone. This includes looking at our career and pay frameworks, and we’ve recently launched our new framework to ensure consistency and transparency across OVO. If you have any more feedback, or reflections on what you’d like to see happen at OVO, please let us know via hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Oct 12, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

OVO Response

Thanks so much for your feedback - we love to hear that we’re a great company!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

OVO is a corporate type of comoany

Oct 12, 2021 - Finance Manager in Jakarta
      Business Outlook

Pros

- it cares of the employee,

Cons

stressful if you cannot manage UBO's expectation

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great workspace but tough to grow

Oct 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work culture and offices

Cons

Tough to grow. Takes time to grow and chart a path for yourself. Loads of change.

OVO Response

Thanks for leaving us a review. We’re really pleased to hear you like our culture and offices! Developing our people is really important to us and we want to make sure that as OVO grows, our people do too. We recently launched a new job framework, which aims to provide transparency and consistency around progression, and encourages internal mobility. If you’d like to provide any more feedback around where we can improve, please get in touch with hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Job for what it is

Oct 20, 2021 - Customer Care Agent in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Green credentials, nice office, positive environment, friendly colleagues. Lots of room to learn, generally listens to feedback. Good bonuses if targets are met. Access to overtime

Cons

The pay is significantly lower than most every other company advertising this position. As a result, the grinding and demoralising nature of call centre work is difficult to justify here when competitors have always offered significantly more.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company and no day is the same

Sep 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting company to work for lots of change

Cons

No day is the same and direction sometimes lacks

OVO Response

Thanks so much for your review. We've got big goals at OVO and we're continuously learning and adapting so we can make sure we hit them and deliver the best for our people, customers and world! This sometimes leads to change, however we’ve put support in place to help guide our people through it. Please reach out to your line manager or People Partner to find out more about how we can support you.

7. 4.0

Great place to work

Sep 18, 2021 - Strategy Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great values and goals, company objectives are in line with personal values.

Cons

Lots of change all the time.

OVO Response

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're really pleased to hear that our values and goals are aligned with your own! There’s no doubt that we’ve been through a lot of change over the last couple of years, but we’re continuing to make sure that there's help in place to support our people through change. Please speak to your line manager or People Partner for more detail on how we can support you.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Stockholm Syndrome

Sep 23, 2021 - Customer Service Agent in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Micro-management, a meeting with your manager if you are one minute late to work but nothing if you stay 10 mins late.

Cons

One of the reasons why I left is because every CSA that I know is much happier they have left & richer because they don't have to spend extra money on therapy anymore. In my first year they grew massively and increased in value to a Billion, no payrise for me though just more work, I was there to just apologise to customers when OVO cut corners with billing and was then fined millions by OFGEM. OVO care about their colleagues though, I mean the signature of company emails are "OVO, PEACE LOVE AND OUT" for all the 5 year olds clocking into their 8 hour shift today. Because of the growth, the business focuses changed, the goalposts changed for the requirements of the bonus and the day to day role. Complaints marking and quality of calls were added making it extremely harder to get a bonus. Just another element to squeeze the life out of the bonus which just about made living in Bristol affordable with extortionate rents and £5 pints.(high cost of living and other companies were paying more). The company got bigger, the job got more demanding but the salary stayed the same. After the investment from Mitsubishi they restructured progression with the promise of a new progression path, it took over 15 months for something that anyone with half a brain and had basic experience of Microsoft PowerPoint could have made. They labelled it "reward steps", it's all a bit of a joke really. Around the 2 year mark some of my colleagues went for a promotion in second line, they got the job and was working for 6 months, one week before securing the role and passing probation they sent them back to their old roles (talk about a slap in the face) and they pointed out to them that their contract did say they could send you back due to "business needs". Fair to say most of them quit after that. Oh and they also advertised the role again a few weeks later, they had to re-apply and go through the interview process again. Yes, this is all real. I could go on and on about the ups and downs but you can roll a in glitter... My advise would be if you've got 5 minutes take a nap, dream about how the company was 5 years ago and imagine your little cute fairytale life there with great progression and a nice bonus along with it and happy customers. Now wake the up, smell the sweet smell of reality. That's never going to happen again, find something else that won't make you spend hours on YouTube watching things like "Top 10 Sinkholes" just so you don't die of boredom and you end up wondering what you're doing with your life. OVO PEACE, LOVE AND OUT. P S. KWH'S OF LOVE

6 people found this review helpful

OVO Response

Thanks so much for your review and we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time with us. It’s extremely important to us that our people enjoy working at OVO and feel supported in everything from wellbeing to career development. We aim to be as transparent as we can when it comes to progression and pay reviews. We recently launched a clearer job framework for our people, and we’re always looking to continuously improve in this area. We also want to make sure everyone at OVO has a good quality of life, so we became an accredited Real Living Wage employer, you can find out more about what this means here https://www.livingwage.org.uk/what-real-living-wage. If you’d like to leave us any more feedback about your experience, please send it across to hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a great work life balance

Cons

The SSE management that has come across since we bought them need to be trained on the ovo values

OVO Response

Thanks for your five star review!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I wouldn't

Oct 19, 2021 - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cant think really why you would want to work for them

Cons

Targets unrealistic lack of opportunity no flexibility in work/life balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 440 Reviews