OYO Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 394 of over 3,785 reviews

3.3
OYO Founder/CEO Ritesh Agarwal
Ritesh Agarwal
2,087 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work environment is cool of office(in 154 reviews)

• "The work culture has been amazing(in 142 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance needs to be worked out(in 342 reviews)

• "Absolutely No work life balance(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Working at Oyo

Jan 18, 2021 - Business Development in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment. Helpful senior management

Cons

Work pressure No Work life balance

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pressure Handling

Nov 24, 2020 - Transformation Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

High pressure job. Need to be target oriented & Quick learner to adjust into environment. Communication is the key in OYO. Always communicate to people & try to be in touch with other verticals as well. It helps you with better understanding of scenario.

Cons

For someone looking work life balance it's not a very good choice. High pressure jobs always keeps you on toes. The average age of employees was just under 30 while I was there (I believe it still is). So think before you get into. If the management has been successful enough to remove some of the manipulating elements from the company who would choose greenary over quality that's great else you need to really stay alert & away from those elements!

Continue reading
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee

As steep a learning curve as one can get.

Dec 12, 2020 - Product Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. A very fast growing environment 2. Ability to take complete ownership very early in your career 3. Scale up skills & products purely based on your own initiative & grit 4. Monetarily, you get exactly what you are told

Cons

1. A very rapidly changing vision that leaves many business verticals vulnerable 2. Incentives are limited 3. Limited sense of work-life-balance

HR

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We encourage our employees to priortise their work and ensure proper work life balance is maintained. Taking into account the feedback we received, we have revisited our weekend work policy and incorporated new workways including a five-day working week, no review Mondays to name a few. We are always striving to better ourselves and build a company and brand that is loved by one and all. Your input will help us in our endeavour. Please do share any specific feedback with your manager, HRBP or OYO leader. Please be assured that your input will be kept confidential. Thank you for your continued efforts.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

All depends on the team & manager you are iN

Dec 2, 2020 - Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working Good learning curve & growth opportunity they have come a long way and been able to provide work-life balance to employees

Cons

Not a very employee-centric company, unless you have a supportive manager who can get things done. Short timelines and work on aspirational targets

Continue reading

HR

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are always striving to better ourselves and build a company and a brand that is loved by one and all. Your input will help us in our endeavour. We would also encourage you to share any specific feedback with your HRBP, or any OYO leader. Thank you for your continued support.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work culture wasn't that good. But that depends upon the team as well.

Jan 18, 2021 - Product Owner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enthusiastic and smart people around

Cons

Work-life balance isn't too good.

HR

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We encourage our employees to priortise their work and ensure proper work life balance is maintained. Taking into account the feedback we received, we have revisited our weekend work policy and incorporated new workways including a five-day working week, no review Mondays to name a few. We are always striving to better ourselves and build a company and brand that is loved by one and all. Your input will help us in our endeavour. We wish you good luck.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good learning. Okayish work-life balance

Jan 12, 2021 - Software Development Engineer (SDE) in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning opportunities, a good amount of flexibility and freedom

Cons

Work-life balance sucks sometimes, raises are crappy mostly

7. 5.0

Great company

Jan 17, 2021 - Trainer in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture, work life balance, good environment

Cons

No job stability lay offs, no growth,

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to learn

Jan 14, 2021 - CEO-Founder in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entrepreneurial, fast, good learning, good people, good industry

Cons

Work life balance, speed of change

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Oyo work

Jan 8, 2021 - Manager in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work culture has been amazing

Cons

Work life balance needs to be worked out

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

A great place to learn and grow !

Jan 2, 2021 - Software Development Engineer I in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Work -Life Balance 2. Good Tech Stack

Cons

Instability No Extra incentives to junior employees

HR

Thank you for your valuable feedback. The past few months have been tough for the global hospitality industry and OYO and we have had to make some tough decisions keeping everyone's well-being in mind. As we return to a new normal, feedback such as yours will help us shape into a more employee focused organization. Thank you for your continued support.Thank you for your valuable feedback. The past few months have been tough for the global hospitality industry and OYO and we have had to make some tough decisions keeping everyone's well-being in mind. As we return to a new normal, feedback such as yours will help us shape into a more employee focused organization. Thank you for your continued support.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 394 Reviews