Octopus Account Executive Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2021

Found 5 of over 207 reviews

3.6
Octopus Chief Executive Simon Rogerson (no image)
Simon Rogerson

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company lousy middle/senior management

Jul 3, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and people were great

Cons

Long hours and clickey management. Not feeling you can be truthful about weekly feedback. Seen others lost their jobs for being truthful

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0

Decent

Aug 28, 2020 - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, relaxed, young company

Cons

speed of development and opportunites internally

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad you’re enjoying your time with us and agree we’ve got a relaxed culture and great people. We appreciate that the speed of development can be a little unsettling for some, but we’re proud of our innovative ways of working and don’t think we’ll be slowing down. We’re a fast moving business and this is what makes it an exciting place to work. We support all our employees to develop their careers with us so please speak to your line manager if you want to discuss how to progress further in your career. Thanks again for your feedback, we’re looking forward to seeing how your career with us develops.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Company, Fantastic People

Oct 23, 2019 - Account Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

95% of people are like minded, fun, outgoing, spontaneous and driven. I'll never have a dull day with my team, great social life, great training, great support. There is such a mix of people that you'd never imagine getting on, but everyone just does

Cons

Mistakes happen like anywhere, relatively high employee turnover

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We’re pleased to hear you’re making the most of your time here and are benefitting from the great social opportunities we provide to all our employees. We’re really proud of the Octopus culture, and although we appreciate that our unique environment may not suit everyone, it’s good to hear you’re enjoying your time with us.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work that really supports an entrepreneurial spirit.

Oct 15, 2019 - Account Executive in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to start your career - huge variation and opportunity to learn loads of great skills in and amongst amazing businesses.

Cons

They do expect you to work hard but this is rewarded with the opportunities given. It isn't a place for those who don't want to be passionate about what they do.

Octopus Response

Thanks so much for your feedback. We’re pleased you’re enjoying working with us and agree it’s an awesome place to start your career! We’re proud of our entrepreneurial spirit and will absolutely continue to provide all our employees with opportunities to progress, both personally, and in their careers. We’re always looking for champions to help people get involved in the things they feel passionately about, perhaps this is something you’d like to be involved in? Thanks again for your response, it is very much appreciated.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good opportunities - not great salary

Oct 6, 2019 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity to learn and progression into different roles. Lots of exams available

Cons

Not very clear on expected salaries. Often feel internal movements are not paid the same as hiring externally. Salaries not in line with competitors.

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We’re pleased you’re enjoying your time with us and are taking advantage of the professional development opportunities available to all Octopus employees. Although we pay competitive salaries, we know there will always be companies that pay more than we do. But we believe that keeping our people motivated and engaged over the long term is the right business model for us. Thanks again for your feedback, we’ll look forward to seeing how your career with us develops.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews