Octopus BDM Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2020

Found 3 of over 207 reviews

1.9
Octopus Chief Executive Simon Rogerson (no image)
Simon Rogerson

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 1.0
    Former Employee

Ok place to start career.

Oct 6, 2020 - Sales BDM in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good brand, headline offering is a good product

Cons

Poor pay compared to similar businesses.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Octopus Team

Thanks for your review. We do our best to support all our employees to progress in their careers and it’s great to hear you think we’re a good company to start out with. Thanks for your comment about our brand, we’re very proud of the Octopus values and it’s good to know that our products live up to our promise. Regarding our salaries, we know we don’t pay as much as some of our competitors, but believe that our staff benefits and unique culture makes up for any perceived shortfall. Thanks again for your feedback.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work

Jul 15, 2019 - BDM in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Octopus is a very social company who really care about the well being of its employees. I feel that they really understand the employees and want to make the work/life balanced. They are very forward thinking and want to make sure that you are herd and valued as a employee. Octopus offices have a really relaxed but hard working vibe. they want you to be the very best you that you can be, if you need help or support they have a working environment that is about team work and growing as a team. People really want you to do well at your job. Management are very hands on and always have time to talk to you or hear out new ideas. no one is not approachable. you are not made to feel like just another number. The thing that is really amazing about Octopus is how it cares about the world around it. they are a company that is not content to put in token gestures.

Cons

I honestly don't really have any. However if you are the type of person that wants opportunity to be spoon fed to you then this is not the place. You do need to be a proactive and want to be active in your growth.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We’re really proud of our unique culture and we’re pleased you’re enjoying working with us. It’s great you feel valued and able to take advantage of the flexible working opportunities we provide. Our work to make a positive difference to the world is really important to us, and it’s great you find it as inspiring as we do. Thanks again for posting, it’s really appreciated, and we wish you every success in your career with us.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good fun

Nov 7, 2017 - BDM in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, very entrepreneurial company

Cons

Could be more corporate but then again it’s a unique business

Be the first to find this review helpful