Octopus Business Development Manager Reviews

Updated Jan 2, 2020

Found 3 of over 207 reviews

3.4
Octopus Chief Executive Simon Rogerson (no image)
Simon Rogerson
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

High energy, fast paced, chaos

Jan 2, 2020 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office, people, decent benefits and progression and internal career opportunities

Cons

Relentless work environment, male dominated at senior level, high stress amongst employees

Be the first to find this review helpful

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re pleased to hear you’re enjoying the excellent staff benefits we provide to all our employees, and that you’re taking advantage of our internal progression opportunities to advance your career with us. We know that working here can be stressful for some, and our unique culture can take a bit of getting used to. We’re committed to reducing instances of stress in the workplace and we actively encourage flexible working where practicable. We also offer a range of mental health and wellbeing initiatives that are designed to help our employees recognise signs of stress and understand what they can do to combat it. Thanks again for your feedback.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Business development

Oct 6, 2017 - Business Development Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are none just don’t do it! They sell you a dollar sign dream but be prepared for the clicky culture stuck up people and no life outside the business they will work you to the bone!

Cons

Training was appalling no structure at all the team does not want to help just know how to point the finger and blame

Continue reading
    17 people found this review helpful

Octopus Response

Octopus Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you can’t find an appropriate work-life balance. Octopus has always been a busy and buzzy place especially with recent increased call volumes linked to a spike in product demand; we are recruiting more people to ease the pressure. We would really appreciate if you could get in touch to provide feedback on how we can improve any element of our training, be it the 2 month ‘classroom’ based training programme for BDMs, or the side by side coaching and weekly training.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Thumbs up for Octopus

May 17, 2017 - Business Development Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started four weeks ago and I have to say that the people at Octopus are very friendly and welcoming. Everyone is upbeat and happy to talk to you regardless of what department you’re from. It’s a great working environment and I’m really happy to be here.

Cons

There are no cons. I have a message for anyone considering joining Octopus; be confident and proactive.

Continue reading