Octopus Business Development Reviews

Updated Jan 2, 2020

Found 6 of over 207 reviews

4.2
Octopus Chief Executive Simon Rogerson (no image)
Simon Rogerson

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

High energy, fast paced, chaos

Jan 2, 2020 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office, people, decent benefits and progression and internal career opportunities

Cons

Relentless work environment, male dominated at senior level, high stress amongst employees

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re pleased to hear you’re enjoying the excellent staff benefits we provide to all our employees, and that you’re taking advantage of our internal progression opportunities to advance your career with us. We know that working here can be stressful for some, and our unique culture can take a bit of getting used to. We’re committed to reducing instances of stress in the workplace and we actively encourage flexible working where practicable. We also offer a range of mental health and wellbeing initiatives that are designed to help our employees recognise signs of stress and understand what they can do to combat it. Thanks again for your feedback.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Feb 26, 2019 - Business Development Associate in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture full of motivated, friendly & intelligent people. Sales environment that gives you the opportunity to achieve results on a daily basis through great tracking processes and management who genuinely care. Amazing office in the centre of London. A business that is constantly looking to innovate with an extremely passionate and inspiring CEO.

Cons

Technology sometimes slows us down, but this is always going to be an issue with a fast growing company that is constantly expanding into new areas.

Octopus Team

Thanks so much for your feedback. We’re really pleased to hear you’re enjoying working with us, and we agree our employees are the best! It’s clear that the environment here really suits you, and we’ve no doubt you’ll go far with your positive mindset and great attitude. We know that our technology hasn’t kept pace with our rate of growth, but hopefully you’ll be pleased to hear we’ve now invested significantly in our infrastructure, and recently appointed a new Chief Technology Officer. We’re certain that rolling out innovative new technology will support us in our continued development and we’re excited to see what the future holds for us. We’ll keep doing everything we can to ensure Octopus remains a great place to work and we’re really looking forward to helping develop your career with us. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Business development

Oct 6, 2017 - Business Development Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are none just don’t do it! They sell you a dollar sign dream but be prepared for the clicky culture stuck up people and no life outside the business they will work you to the bone!

Cons

Training was appalling no structure at all the team does not want to help just know how to point the finger and blame

17 people found this review helpful

Octopus Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you can’t find an appropriate work-life balance. Octopus has always been a busy and buzzy place especially with recent increased call volumes linked to a spike in product demand; we are recruiting more people to ease the pressure. We would really appreciate if you could get in touch to provide feedback on how we can improve any element of our training, be it the 2 month ‘classroom’ based training programme for BDMs, or the side by side coaching and weekly training.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Thumbs up for Octopus

May 17, 2017 - Business Development Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started four weeks ago and I have to say that the people at Octopus are very friendly and welcoming. Everyone is upbeat and happy to talk to you regardless of what department you’re from. It’s a great working environment and I’m really happy to be here.

Cons

There are no cons. I have a message for anyone considering joining Octopus; be confident and proactive.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

HR sounds desperate

Dec 19, 2016 - Business Development in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is no doubt in my mind that senior management lies to employees and HR staff is used as the messenger.

Cons

However, I doubt that the person who posted the message on 14 November is who he says he is. Why would a former employee gone more than two years ago (as he claims) choose to post such a message within five days of the previous one he criticises. Only someone monitoring this site via a notification alert[as HR does) would have been notified of that message and decided to react so quickly.

14 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst place where you can end up!

Jul 9, 2015 - Business Development in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of - maybe the colorful reception?

Cons

The list could go on for ever but essentially here we go: - arrogant people across the management and HR (and marketing too) - no particular skills across the business, no value added for employees or clients - poor investment performance for years across all products - frustrating and horrible working environnment - because everyone is deeply unhappy there they end up treating each other in a horrible way, it is a vicious circle! - no vision from the management, no goals, nothing (beheaded duck aimlessly runing around) - niche market that could collapse overnight following the slighest regulatory change - incompetence across management and the whole HR department

23 people found this review helpful