Find jobs for Management

Octopus Management Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2021

Found 32 of over 207 reviews

3.9
Octopus Chief Executive Simon Rogerson (no image)
Simon Rogerson
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company lousy middle/senior management

Jul 3, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and people were great

Cons

Long hours and clickey management. Not feeling you can be truthful about weekly feedback. Seen others lost their jobs for being truthful

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company that is always learning

May 26, 2021 - Product Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely wants to make a positive difference in the world, always striving to do and be better, great culture

Cons

Still on a journey to increase diversity so biasis exist

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work!

May 16, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, colleague's, internal movement opportunities, Octopus massively encourages growth and entrepreneurship. Octopus is focused on having a positive impact on its customers, environment and colleagues.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity to get involved in projects, charity work etc however there's not often enough time in the day to do these.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Bad company culture

Jan 17, 2021 - Manager in Hong Kong
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cant think any good stuff

Cons

Bad company culture and unreasonable resource

1 person found this review helpful

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Based on your location though, it seems as though you've got the wrong company - we don't have any employees in Hong Kong at the moment.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company going through transition

Sep 21, 2020 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent leadership under Ruth Handcock, strong stable core business staffed with competent people

Cons

Lots of leadership shifts over the past year have resulted in some areas of the business losing key talent

Octopus Team

Thanks for taking the time to feed back. We’re delighted you feel so supported by Ruth and your colleagues. We spend a lot of time during the interview process getting to know prospective employees and it’s great to know the outcome of this is that we have strong, competent and stable business teams. It’s true there have been changes over the past year or so, but we’re committed to internal progression and recruiting the best people, so we’re sure things will get better and better over time. Thanks again for your response.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Sep 1, 2020 - Finance Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Care about their staff. Lots of trips and treats organised. The CEO is inspiring

Cons

Some of the work was mundane and needed automating

Octopus Team

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We really do care about our employees and we’re proud of our unique culture. It’s great to hear that you’re taking advantage of the range of benefits and social opportunities we provide to all our employees. Simon Rogerson, our CEO, has a truly innovative approach to business and it’s fantastic that you feel inspired by his vision, we do too! We agree that some of our processes could be modernised and we are constantly working on improving our technology tools. Hopefully you’ll start to see some improvements soon. Thanks again for your feedback. We’re delighted to have you on board.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent

Aug 28, 2020 - Account Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, relaxed, young company

Cons

speed of development and opportunites internally

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad you’re enjoying your time with us and agree we’ve got a relaxed culture and great people. We appreciate that the speed of development can be a little unsettling for some, but we’re proud of our innovative ways of working and don’t think we’ll be slowing down. We’re a fast moving business and this is what makes it an exciting place to work. We support all our employees to develop their careers with us so please speak to your line manager if you want to discuss how to progress further in your career. Thanks again for your feedback, we’re looking forward to seeing how your career with us develops.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid place to work

Jul 28, 2020 - Fund Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, rapidly growing company, opportunities for ambitious employees, encourage employee ownership. 'Unlimited holiday'

Cons

Not enough focus on getting the right systems and process in place behind the scenes. Tend to let old business lines wither unsupported if they no longer deliver the dazzling growth of 'exciting' areas of the business.

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re really pleased to hear you appreciate our unique culture and are enjoying your time with us. It’s true there are plenty of opportunities for personal development and growth here and we’re glad you’re taking advantage of them. We are indeed a rapidly growing company, and as you’ve noted, it sometimes takes a little while for our systems and processes to catch up with our innovations. We’re working on it though and moving forward we’ll make sure that we focus on all areas of the business equally. Your feedback is really helpful and we’ll take your points on board. Thanks very much.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

High energy, fast paced, chaos

Jan 2, 2020 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office, people, decent benefits and progression and internal career opportunities

Cons

Relentless work environment, male dominated at senior level, high stress amongst employees

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re pleased to hear you’re enjoying the excellent staff benefits we provide to all our employees, and that you’re taking advantage of our internal progression opportunities to advance your career with us. We know that working here can be stressful for some, and our unique culture can take a bit of getting used to. We’re committed to reducing instances of stress in the workplace and we actively encourage flexible working where practicable. We also offer a range of mental health and wellbeing initiatives that are designed to help our employees recognise signs of stress and understand what they can do to combat it. Thanks again for your feedback.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place, great opportunity

Dec 6, 2019 - Manager in Highbury, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best place I ever worked so much effort into staff

Cons

Hard work at times,

Octopus Response

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We’re glad you’re enjoying your time with us, and are delighted to hear that Octopus is the best place you’ve ever worked. We recognise that working here can be challenging at times, but we hope the rewards we provide, such as excellent staff benefits and social opportunities, show how much we value the hard work of all our employees. Thanks again for your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews