Okta Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 313 reviews

4.2
Okta CEO Todd McKinnon
Todd McKinnon
Pros
  • "Great leadership, great product, great enviornment(in 29 reviews)

• "Great company vision led by a CEO who truly cares about his employees and maintaining an excellent culture(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typical growing pains for tech company in bay area(in 24 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be tricky with a Pacific-Time based team(in 21 reviews)

1. "SRE"

I have been working at Okta full-time

Pros

Excellent company and best work culture

Cons

None specific The food quality served is not well.

Okta2018-01-11

"Great Company"

I worked at Okta

Pros

Startup mentality..definite need for this solution.

Cons

Too much politics for such a small company

Advice to Management

Stop under-delivering.

Okta2015-12-09
  3. "Highly rewarding Work. Fast pace. Startup mentality."

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely best product in the Identity as a service space. Maniacal focus on growth. Very sharp hires. Constant new hires. Open communication. CEO does an all hands call every Friday. You can ask anything.

Cons

Work-life balance. The motto is ‘Always On’ and I don’t agree with that. I work to provide for my family and I do need to be around to take care of them. Always-On is not my idea of balance. Too many apps for everything. Hard to navigate. Crazy amount of emails. You have to be very focused to not have email run your day.

Advice to Management

I think it’s a great culture. Keep hiring top talent. Compensation doesn’t match the work load compared to my previous gigs. It’s 25% more work for about the same amount of pay. Hire fast. Act fast. Two of my referrals went elsewhere as we took too long to get the 7 interviews done! I really like my BU and direct leadership. Love the transparency and access to leadership. Enjoying the crazy pace for now but at... some point it will need to balance out.

Okta2019-09-19
  4. "Strong sales culture"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney

I have been working at Okta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Collaborative team, smart people, lots of go-to-market resources to help reps hit target.

Cons

Aggressive growth targets and shrinking territories.

Advice to Management

Allow dogs :) And keep providing upward mobility opportunities for hungry sales reps.

Okta2019-09-13
  5. "Amazing company to work at"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in London, England

I have been working at Okta full-time for less than a year

Pros

- fast growing, many career opportunities - great culture - amazing company benefits

Cons

- tech is extremely competitive - Okta is fast growing, so the high performance pressure is quite high

Advice to Management

Keep empowering people!

Okta2019-09-13
  6. "The Steak Does Not Match The Sizzle"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are growing, have a good reputation within the industry, and have excellent compensation and benefits offerings. There are interesting problems to solve.

Cons

Though they have stated values surrounding lofty concepts - such as Transparency and Integrity - the implementation is sorely lacking. They have hired and promoted people with impressive resumes, but who lack many of the basic skills and talents needed to perform their jobs. Though they speak a lot about Inclusion and Diversity, and have training about avoiding bias, the net results are far less impressive. Honest... feedback about dysfunctional patterns is not appreciated (and barely tolerated). It's a great place to earn some money and bolster your resume, but is not a long-term career - except for a very small group of elite.

Advice to Management

Walk your talk; become (and hire) the kind of managers you claim you value. Have the courage to examine the culture and interactions between teams and teammates and root out bigotry and incompetence.

Okta2019-09-18
  7. "Keep your head down and don't ask too many questions"

Former Employee - Recruiting in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Okta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product, an industry leader, great benefits and perks

Cons

Politics - watched the organization lose sight of its values and vision in exchange for being an industry leader. The company placed outside talent with no understanding of the organization in place of several internal candidates. The opportunity for growth is a joke. If you are trying to move up the corporate ladder get experience elsewhere because it's not a top value when making a decision if you know the... business from the inside. I've watched recruiters and hiring managers specifically decline to look at resumes due to candidates alma maters regardless of their experience and academic achievements. I watched turnover after turnover across all departments with the biggest reasoning being that management just didn't have the aligned vision or basic understanding needed for their role.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and teams, you are as strong as your "weakest" link. Scrap this mentality that big-name schools are the only producers of valuable talent - maybe that will diversify the employee pool because the strategy in place is just not cutting it.

Okta2019-09-19
  8. "Great company if you're not in sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing product, amazing vision, amazing people.

Cons

Do not value salespeople. No stock. This year, no RSUs allocated even for top performers. Executive vision is that "salespeople have the opportunity to make a lot." Well, virtually EVERY other peer company has decent RSU packages. Makes it very hard to recruit, and makes salespeople apt to leave at the drop of a hat. Top management does not value salespeople or sales managers. With no 401K match, no RSUs,... what are salespeople to think? Executive team even decided that for this FY, there would be no stock allocation for anyone in sales. This is 100% contrary to what I was told during the hiring process.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the market. As a sales manager, I have found it very hard to recruit people.

Okta2019-09-13
  9. "Amazing Culture & Opportunity for Growth!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Okta has a fantastic culture - I work with very positive, intelligent, and caring teammates. There is no shortage of work to get done, so you have an opportunity to make an impact and grow quickly.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Okta2019-08-29

"Not a review of the company but of the product"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Okta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing to complain about company wise.

Cons

After working at Okta for a few years I decided to leave in pursuit of a better opportunity. A couple of months after leaving I decided to check the salesforce app on my phone and to my absolute amazement, I still had an active salesforce account at okta and was still logged in. As an ex-employee, I was still able to look at all the sales reports, opportunities, and makes modifications! This was very surprising to... me because it seems that a company that is focused on identity access management has failed to managed identity and access internally. I had access to my account (and still probably do) until I decided to logout and login with my current employer's salesforce credentials. Just wanted to put it out there.

Advice to Management

It seems that some of the automated deprovisioning systems have broken down internally. You should probably look into it.

Okta2019-09-06