Orion Advisor Services Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Jul 10, 2019

Found 63 reviews

4.5
Eric Clarke
Pros
  • "Orion is a fantastic company to work for(in 14 reviews)

• "Orion is a fast growing technology company that challenges its employees to help drive development that can help the company and the clients we serve(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can't think of a con for Orion(in 8 reviews)

• "Quarter end can require some additional hours worked; though, this has gotten much better over the years(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Legal Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

work/life balance great leadership great benefits values their employees opportunities for growth

Cons

Growing pains are inevitable when a company grows as much as NorthStar has over the past several years; however, senior leadership has done a great job of making sure that the employees are engaged and appreciated.

Orion Advisor Services2019-07-10
  2. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Your days at Orion are never monotonous. You are presented with different challenges and opportunities almost daily which leads to greater personal development. Even though the company has continued to grow at a fast pace, it still has that small company feel so teams are pretty close. I enjoy coming to work every day because of the people I work with. I haven't worked at a company that values the people as much...

Cons

The beginning of every quarter is generally pretty hectic, however it is manageable if you effectively manage your time.

Orion Advisor Services2019-07-10
  3. "Fun, Culture, Productivity"

Current Employee - Employee Experience Specialist

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The attire is casual and has few guidelines so as long as you are following those then you are good! The culture at Orion is amazing, and they also support work/life balance as a priority. Orion has many fun events where they interact with all the employees. They make employees feel special which shows that this business really cares about their employees and not just making a profit like most businesses out there.

Cons

The downsides to working at Orion are what you interpret them to be depending on what position you hold. I can't think of a downside to working at Orion. However, making the best of your job is what Orion is about. Orion wants their employees to feel happy and excited to come to work. If you don't feel that, then that is fine and does happen. Just means Orion is not for that individual.

Orion Advisor Services2019-07-09
  4. "Acknowledgement of achievments"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

celebrating my 5 year anniversary and received a card with personal notes from each of our C suite executives. nothing like that happened in any of the 10 anniversaries at my previous employer. It is fantastic to receive positive acknowledgment from management at Orion and this happens consistently. when providing constructive criticism management always start with something you do well then explain an area that you can...

Cons

none, I absolutely love working with this team.

Advice to Management

it would be great if Eric and Randy provided a live annual town hall via video conference.

Orion Advisor Services2019-06-11
  5. "Culture is everything"

Current Employee - Financial Data Analyst

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Orion has a great company culture.

Cons

I can't think of a con for Orion.

Orion Advisor Services2019-06-26
  6. "Grueling Hours, Low Pay, High Stress"

Former Employee - Financial Data Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at Orion Advisor Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upbeat and positive atmosphere, friendly employees

Cons

Pay does not equate to the hours, stress and emotional turmoil of getting cussed out on the phone by angry advisors because no one at this company knows how to do their job

Advice to Management

Made up titles and ultra casual attire are poor bandages for deeper company problems. Actually learn what your analysts do and what they have to put up with on a daily basis

Orion Advisor Services2019-06-25
  7. "Financial Analyst Intern"

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services full-time

Pros

Culture and the overall environment

Cons

The starting pay amount that you get

Orion Advisor Services2019-04-19
    • "Empowered to Assist"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working as an Account Manager at Orion allows me to thrive in a customer service-oriented role while learning more about the Financial Services Industry. Being able to communicate with Financial Advisors every day about their role and how they can best serve their clients empowers me to WANT to help them help their clients and run their business in an efficient manner. Orion's Service team structure allows me to be...

Cons

Occasionally too much emphasis is placed on closing down inquiries and providing answers vs. providing 'solutions' to advisors.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and allowing us to work as we are!

Orion Advisor Services2019-04-08
    • "Everything I want in a job"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy the challenges that are presented to me daily. We are always looking to create and improve new and better ways of doing things. As we push forward I have been afforded the opportunity to learn new languages and processes. All of that said, its the people that work here that make it so great. A lot of hard working individuals always willing to help. Making for a great team environment.

Cons

I don't have any cons with this company

Orion Advisor Services2019-04-01

"Great Culture and great people!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Orion Advisor Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The workplace culture is great, there is a lot of time spent making sure peoples day to day experience is as positive as it can be by providing lunches and fun activities so team-members can interact through out the year.

Cons

N/A--keep up the good work!

Orion Advisor Services2019-02-21