Orion Group (UK) Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Alan Savage
  1. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time

Pros

A refreshing forward thinking and progressive recruitment business with none of the usual cold calling and silly targets associated with the industry. Employees are genuinely cared about and looked after well and supported in their day to day activities by very experienced fellow recruiters and management.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that needs changing

Advice to Management

Great to see management who are still very much in touch with the business - keep doing what you're doing and listening to your staff

Orion Group (UK)2017-06-16
  2. "A genuinely good place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Orion Group (UK)

Pros

I have benefitted from Orion's commitment to developing their recruiters and all employees, including sales training and industry-specific technical courses. The focus is on building profitable and sustainable long-term relationships with clients and candidates and I pleased to have been given the opportunity to prove myself and progress within the company. They pay competitive salaries and reward employees who...

Cons

The management team have previously overlooked the value of succession planning and have been guilty of nepotism, although this is changing. Although the management structure is relatively flat, communication of the Groups vision and wider objectives has been sporadic.

Advice to Management

Overall, some really talented and committed individuals within the business and hopefully they are identified for future leadership roles so that the company can continue to thrive.

Orion Group (UK)2017-05-31
  3. "Beige"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Kilmarnock, Scotland

I worked at Orion Group (UK)

Pros

A generally supportive and warm working environment. Not heavy on KPis like most agencies. Not a hard-sell/cold calling recruitment model. Pretty good reputation with oil and gas candidates.

Cons

Losing ground to larger competitors. New ventures don't seem to work out with good people leaving. Management communication is vague as oil market gets tougher and future is uncertain. Some redundancies. Some people get by without doing very much.

Advice to Management

You're getting left behind.

Orion Group (UK)2016-01-19
  4. "An excellent company to work for. They genuinely care about its staff and are constantly looking to improve even more."

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Inverness, Scotland

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People - the business is built on experts from the Chairman down. Everyone is pulling in the same direction. Everyone is encouraged to acheive their potential. The company also offers worldwide opportunities for those who want / earn it.

Cons

As a Recruiter within Orion we benefit from the extensive contracts/agreements in place with key clients in our industry, as such traditional BD is not required which I personally enjoy.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within and to fully through with our Business Improvement plans. I geninuely believe that this will make us achieve our targets.

Orion Group (UK)2014-10-14
  5. "A great place to work with opportunities to develop"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Friendly work environment - Worldwide locations with opportunities to travel - Fairly decent bonus structure for recruitment staff - Nights out and probably the best end of year parties

Cons

- Training was limited but at the same time if you needed help or direction it was always available. I left to persue a different career path but my time at Orion was always memorable.

Orion Group (UK)2014-10-10
  6. "A Great Company to work for with International Opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Inverness, Scotland

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A very close knit community in the office. - Colleagues will go out of their way to help you out and management will support when needed. - International opportunities and chances to visit other offices. - Bonus structure for recruiters is fairly good. - Training seems to be improving although is difficult to get an overview of the whole company process. - Working for major International Clients - A couple of...

Cons

- Pay is not the best but can be improved with bonus figures, but it is all dependent on if you are working on good roles/with good clients or not, not necessarily how good a recruiter you are. - Some leadership is not the best. - A lot of internal politics between offices which does not promote what is best for the Group.

Advice to Management

- Pay scheme to be looked into and made more in line with the Oil & Gas Industry. - Sort out the internal politics between office management so that the Group can flourish, instead of being so protective of areas/clients. - Perhaps look into blue collar recruitment in all offices not just a couple.

Orion Group (UK)2014-10-14