Orion Group (UK) Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Orion Group (UK) Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2019

Found 37 reviews

4.8
Orion Group (UK) CEO Alan Savage (no image)
Alan Savage
  1. "An International business with family values at the core."

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture at Orion is fantastic and people that work here have a great work/life balance. Even though it is an International business the Chairman has strong family values and this ripples through the company. The staff are well rewarded for their hard work.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to connect with other offices throughout the World because of distance.

Advice to Management

Perhaps further training programmes could be introduced.

Orion Group (UK)2014-10-22
  2. "N/A"

Current Employee - President - Brazil in Rio de Janeiro

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Orion's people are extremely friend, open and very keen to help and support the oversea's offices. It is also important to highlight that the board of directors provides the proper empowerment to the international offices.

Cons

Honestly, so far no big constrains and nothing to report as a lowlight.

Advice to Management

Keep working in evaluate future opportunities to growth in new markets.

Orion Group (UK)2014-10-14
  3. "Great employer, one of the best of my professional career"

Current Employee - Country Manager

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our company stands by its motto, "People are our business worldwide". Great group of people providing support at all levels of the organization. Privately owned with a versatile corporate structure. The company provides you with the tools, support and independence to attain goals. They are very mindful of you as an individual and ensures employees have life-work balance.

Cons

no cons...Work in progress as we try to create our own regional identity outside the UK market. The company understands the unique requirements of each region and provides the support

Advice to Management

As we are growing rapidly lets keep the communication channels open to make sure employees worldwide are engaged and informed.

4. "Orion Group"

Current Employee - Assistant Human Resources Advisor in Inverness, Scotland

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Orion Group have a fantastic collaborative culture. It is a very personable environment to work in and the facilities are excellent as well. The employees at the Orion Group work hard to help one another.Orion places great value on its relationships with its employees and clients.

Cons

It is difficult to think of anything Negative to say about Orion. The sector in which we work can provide many challenges; Projects in the inducstry can get delayed or shelved entirely. It is important for the Group to remain dynamic.

Orion Group (UK)2014-10-14
  5. "An excellent company to work for. They genuinely care about its staff and are constantly looking to improve even more."

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Inverness, Scotland

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People - the business is built on experts from the Chairman down. Everyone is pulling in the same direction. Everyone is encouraged to acheive their potential. The company also offers worldwide opportunities for those who want / earn it.

Cons

As a Recruiter within Orion we benefit from the extensive contracts/agreements in place with key clients in our industry, as such traditional BD is not required which I personally enjoy.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within and to fully through with our Business Improvement plans. I geninuely believe that this will make us achieve our targets.

Orion Group (UK)2014-10-14
  6. "A great place to work with opportunities to develop"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Friendly work environment - Worldwide locations with opportunities to travel - Fairly decent bonus structure for recruitment staff - Nights out and probably the best end of year parties

Cons

- Training was limited but at the same time if you needed help or direction it was always available. I left to persue a different career path but my time at Orion was always memorable.

Orion Group (UK)2014-10-10
  7. "A Great Company to work for with International Opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Inverness, Scotland

I have been working at Orion Group (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A very close knit community in the office. - Colleagues will go out of their way to help you out and management will support when needed. - International opportunities and chances to visit other offices. - Bonus structure for recruiters is fairly good. - Training seems to be improving although is difficult to get an overview of the whole company process. - Working for major International Clients - A couple... of absolutely fantastic managers

Cons

- Pay is not the best but can be improved with bonus figures, but it is all dependent on if you are working on good roles/with good clients or not, not necessarily how good a recruiter you are. - Some leadership is not the best. - A lot of internal politics between offices which does not promote what is best for the Group.

Advice to Management

- Pay scheme to be looked into and made more in line with the Oil & Gas Industry. - Sort out the internal politics between office management so that the Group can flourish, instead of being so protective of areas/clients. - Perhaps look into blue collar recruitment in all offices not just a couple.

Found 37 reviews