Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.6
J. Michael Marsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Despite being in a tech-haven, Overlake is behind the times (probably due to lack of investment) (in 3 reviews)

• I am sometimes left to fend for myself if there is no one to cover if someone calls out aka not enough floats (in 3 reviews)

1. "patient service representative"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great place to work at. There is always someone for you to talk to if you have issues

Cons

2. "Patient Access Coordinator"

Former Employee - Patient Access Coordinator in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Patient Access Coordinator in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-They have great benefits.
    -They usually have opportunities for your own career growth.

Cons

-Compensation is one of the lowest on the Eastside/Western WA. Not competitive by any means.
    -They do not give performance bonuses, they only give the market increase once a year (this isn't given to all employees - depends where you are in relation to the change in market cost of living).
    -They do not compensate well for experience. Once you are locked into/accept a wage/rate, you are stuck with that for the foreseeable future.
    -HR does not protect/assist their employees. They are the voice of leadership.
    -There is a severe lack of leadership (especially with integrity) and they lack the CORE values of the company. They don't lead or manage the staff well and it is very unfortunate.
    -Staff is spread too thin and they don't utilize the staff they do have properly.
    -The toxic nature of this company stems from the top down. There is so much potential, but they are hurting the growth by the way it's managed.
    -Unfortunately, as proud as I was to start working there, I cannot recommend this organization until they fix some of these major issues.

Advice to Management

Allow staff to have a voice and follow through when there is an issue. Too many times I've seen staff bring legitimate concerns to direct management or have gone up the chain with no resolution or even concern to what is going on.

3. "Overlake"

Current Employee - Senior Epic Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Epic Analyst

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overlake provides education opportunities including tuition reimbursement.
    Overlake is accepting of growth within the company and assistance to continue growth with employees' careers. They provide great benefits.

Cons

Overlake has a confusing campus which is in process of being remedied with a remodel and expansion.
    The hiring process at Overlake can take time.

Advice to Management

I believe Overlake would benefit from a Six Sigma program and proactive engagement from managers. Overall, Overlake is a good place to work with great benefits and a good environment.

4. "Registered Nurse Review"

I worked at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics part-time

Pros

Excellent place to work, dedicated, experienced staff and small enough to feel like part of a team.

Cons

Limited academics as not a teaching facility. Need some younger blood.

Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Response

13 Apr 2018

Hello! Thank you for all you did for our patients while you were here at Overlake and thank you for your feedback. Yes, one of the unique benefits of working for Overlake is that our independence... More

5. "Overlake MA"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Bellevue, WA (US)

Pros

People is nice work with and benefits are not bad, you get free bus pass if, you use the bus 75% of the time. This job is good for Medical assistant just starting out

Cons

Medical assistant are restricted when it comes to their skills and the pay is not good for medical assistant.

6. "Surgery Assistant"

I worked at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time

Pros

Great schedule to work. The doctors and nurses are willing to work with you when you are training.

Cons

SO MUCH DRAMA. Among nurses and among surgery assistants.

Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Response

13 Apr 2018

Hello! Thank you for all you did for our patients while you were here. I'm glad to hear of how you felt supported while being trained through some of our cutting edge procedures and technology and... More

7. "Make your own way"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with. Some of the kindest and helpful people work here. Almost everyone steps up and goes above and beyond to make patient care excellent. Everyone brings great ideas to the table to improve the work environment. Because the organization is so lean, you are able to directly impact the organization, work with top leadership, and change healthcare

Cons

Again- the organization is so lean; many people wear several hats. Overlake has cut off its nose to spite its face. No new innovations occurring. Without investment, nothing amazing can happen.
    Excellence in individual employees is not recognized. There is little opportunity for promotion, especially in business/it/non-clinical areas.
    Technology is bare bones. Despite being in a tech-haven, Overlake is behind the times (probably due to lack of investment).

Advice to Management

Financial conservatism is only good to a point; then there are diminishing returns. Overlake can boast 300+ days cash on hand, but if you're not using your money to further your business, then what good is it? Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.
    Find out how to engage your employees; the atmosphere is still rough post-layoffs and nobody seems to care.

8. "Love It Here!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

I started here in the new graduate residency program and was thoroughly trained. It is so true that this program gives you the confidence of a year of experience is just over three months. I love my coworkers and how we work so well as a team. I work in the ER and we get our breaks even on our busiest of nights. It feels like our management does support patient and staff safety. The pay is fair and competitive for the area.

Cons

With any large organization it can be difficult to make changes quickly or introduce new ideas. Because there is a behavioral health unit, we are sent many psychiatric patients from all over. This can be a difficult assignment at times, but also a problem I know is throughout the entire emergency medicine realm.

9. "Overlake Medical Center is an Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bellevue, WA (US)

Pros

Overlake staff are supportive of one another, management seeks feedback and really listens to what their staff desire in a work place, and the benefits package, including free parking is generous and affordable. We are one of the highest paying medical centers in the region. There is a spirit of fun, creativity, flexibility, and innovation that is hard to find anywhere else.

Cons

Getting to Overlake from the South end or West side can be time consuming, but Overlake provides ORCA passes to all their staff to ease their commute.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing. Our growth is impressive and our service to this community is inspirational.

"Great core staff, management heavy, Fiscally stretched to thin for current and future growth at workers expense"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Core staff and practitioners are amazing to work with especially with upper management fiscal and practice constraints. The motto is usually "do more with less." the staff provides exceptional best practice care.

Cons

Constant budget cuts, usually understaffed for best patient care. Top heavy management puts constant pressure on unit managers. High daily turn over for ICU and delayed transfers to the floor. Poor nurse staffing ratios for ICU nurses with frequent telemetry assignments with little tech support. Epic system is a lot of duplicate charting and too many pages. Lastly, poor long-term employee recognition and no formal exit process-last day I handed my badge to the security guard as I left the building.

Advice to Management

After 19 yrs and 9 mo career at this hospital, not one long-term recognition or exit acknowledgment. Management is all about themselves and not appreciative of core staff. I have been receiving the same holiday gift card with the same amount for almost 20 yrs......You want to be a cohesive family atmosphere employer of choice you need to really step it up. Last time you reallocated staff jobs in ICU you let some people go and rehired them to other jobs exactly 1 day after their seniority and benefit bank expired- a very fiscally corporate benefit but a slap in the face to long-term employees one of over 25 yrs, for S.H, I will never forgive this organization.