Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated 25 Aug 2019

3.9
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics President and CEO J. Michael Marsh (no image)
J. Michael Marsh
Pros
  • "Location is easy to get to from major roadways and provides free parking to employees(in 13 reviews)

• "Many awards for excellence in patient care/specialties(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I am sometimes left to fend for myself if there is no one to cover if someone calls out aka not enough floats(in 5 reviews)

• "Epic system is a lot of duplicate charting and too many pages(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unconscious Incompetence Abounds

25 Aug 2019 - Staff in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, convenient location, light workload.

Cons

None of the leadership has any clue as to how to lead. The managers don’t know how to manage. There is no one steering the ship. Bullies take over. Basic employment laws are disregarded. Great employees are let go, rather than being given basic workplace accommodations. There is no foresight. No skilled leadership. Only politics and cronyism.

5 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Clueless

14 Mar 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits and free parking

Cons

Behind in so many ways. Huge budget constraints. No one knows what they are doing and don't seem to care, especially leadership. Huge mistakes are done daily. I would never allow myself or a family member to be treated here. Nothing moves along at a decent pace. Communication and teamwork is non-existent, but they sure like to put on a show to make it look like it. Don't waste your time here, people stay because they can get away with very little work.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Outstanding!

31 Mar 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had a positive perception of Overlake before I was employed here and wondered if the organization would live up to it once I got on the inside. I am happy to say that Overlake has exceeded my expectations. It started with new hire orientation. I expected a bunch of dos and don'ts. Instead the chief officers each took turns getting up and explaining why we serve patients and why we do what we do the way we do it. I was blown away at how much of a focus was on culture and the core reason of care. This organization is different in a good way. You can tell by all the smiles you see in the hallways. People are just happier working here. It's healthier than most. The executive leadership's offices are right in the middle of the hospital and they are incredibly accessible. Leadership here is open and interested in input and being the best. During orientation the COO offered the class his cell phone number. I've never had a chief officer that open to input. They are invested here. When I was in the lab getting compliance done one of the first things I heard was that everyone in HR is so nice. I agree. HR has been nothing but helpful in helping me get settled. Great benefits. I look forward to taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement program. Glad to be part of team Overlake.

Cons

I don't believe any company is perfect because no one is perfect, but this one is really focused on being as good as you can get.

Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Response

Hello! Thanks for your comments. We agree!!! We are thrilled to have you! Definitely take advantage of the opportunities to be heard here and the tuition reimbursement program!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

patient service representative

21 Apr 2018 - Patient Service Representative in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work at. There is always someone for you to talk to if you have issues

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Just ok

24 Mar 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some nice people who want to do the right thing for patient.

Cons

Everyone does what they want and no one is in charge. And also everyone is the boss with something to say. Sometimes it felt like high school all over again with cliques Leaders too.

Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Response

Hello. Thank you for your comments. I have shared them with leadership as part of our efforts to continuously improve. I would simply say that there are not "some" but a vast majority of individuals at Overlake who are passionate and committed to making this the destination location for healthcare in our area as evidenced by our patient satisfaction scores, stellar findings on accreditation audits, and the numerous awards for excellent care that are consistently awarded to Overlake. Part of these achievements are driven by a culture of ownership for each employee and the empowerment to be leaders in their disciplines. It is our hope that employees will speak to their managers and Human Resources to address any specific items of concern so that they can be addressed and we can continue on with a culture of excellence for our patients and employees.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews