PROS Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Found 269 reviews

4.2
PROS CEO Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner
Pros
  • "PROS has not only very smart people, but also very good people that treats each other with respect and supports each other(in 24 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is the most important thing for me(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees(in 11 reviews)

• "While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time(in 10 reviews)

"good"

I have been working at PROS

Pros

Base pay is below average, but a good bonus and stock compensation structure. Decent benefits relative to the cost. The company is getting bigger, but still small enough to be able to know many people. Public company means stock compensation is possible. Solid software product and customer base. The company has been around for some time, so there is some stability.

Cons

A click-oriented culture with few decision-makers. It takes a very long time to get things done such as agree on customer deal terms, purchase equipment, and make hiring decisions. Employees have little latitude to make decisions. At Facebook and Google you have employees unleashed, and they grow rapidly by "breaking things." At PROS there is an obsession with consensus to the point of analysis paralysis, and the com…

Advice to Management

It seems to be a major focus of management to focus on image to outsiders, but far less on actually understanding and improving the company's operations. This would not be so detrimental if employees had more autonomy and measured risks were allowed.

PROS2017-01-03

"Beware"

Former Employee - Sales —-Foods Team Sector in Northeast, NY

I worked at PROS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good corporate culture wrapped in a smiley face

Cons

As in most companies it all depends on your particular group and function. My particular experience was not a positive one to say the least. What was represented as dedicated territory and accounts never was. Very cozy and political environment where certain reps would override manager re accounts and direction, etc, Political alignment and strong friendships will constantly re cast the account distribution. You also...

Advice to Management

Time for some introspection rather believing your own hype and good ole boy backslapping.

PROS2019-07-09

"Difficult CYA Culture"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary and benefits, smart people. Incredible product.

Cons

From the top down leadership is heavily invested in the next scapegoat, which drives a often toxic culture. They are not connected with the reality of the market and prefer to "continue the beatings until morale improves".

Advice to Management

Invest in a "seek to understand" culture. Don't overbuild the revenue machine based on aspiration, do it organically based on prior history and trends.

PROS2019-07-08

"Experience varies by department, and varies by manager."

Current Employee - Generic Tech

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is decent. Location is nice. Bonus is nice. There are very smart people here.

Cons

Some departments are great, but others are horrible. Good people quit bad bosses. Before making the decision to accept the job offer, look closely at your future manager.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees. Good people are leaving because of bad management.

PROS2019-07-01
    • "Solid internship program!"

Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Diverse project options with an opportunity to pick - Usually switch projects halfway through the summer, so you get to work on different things - Very collaborative environment, employees always willing to help - Great snacks and intern events - Cool location in midtown - Diverse workplace is underrated but definitely a nice thing to have!

Cons

As an intern, I wasn't able to work on as much data science as I thought I would when I accepted the offer. This is definitely understandable given my minimal experience, but just would've been a cool option given that PROS does data-driven pricing solutions.

Advice to Management

Keep Aylen, she's awesome

PROS2019-07-02

"Onboarding and Recruitment"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a wonderful onboarding experience and Siara is spectacular at her craft. I can tell how much she truly loves her job and this company. As for recruitment, Nelson and his team were very responsive and expeditious with paperwork and timelines.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Siara is sooooo good at what she does, so kudos to her and all incoming employee's are getting to work for great team member. Simply keep up the great work and keep the positivity flowing.

PROS2019-06-11
    • "Amazing Company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was referred to PROS from a friend who recently was hired with the company, he had nothing but glowing reviews. I have known about PROS being in the Travel Industry for over 35 years so I was familiar with the company. Nelson Acosta the Manager of Recruiting was truly amazing, he was professional and quick to follow through with the hiring process and made me feel very welcome. I am very impressed with PROS and all...

Cons

Nothing so far other than the company is growing so fast the space in the existing office is at a premium, the good news is we are moving to a large office later this year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of making employees feel like they are part of a great company, the perks are amazing in this day and age.

PROS2019-06-06
    • "It's a great company"

Current Employee - Pre-Sales in Staines, England

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team of people, solutions with a fabulous value proposition. Positive, stable, constant growth.

Cons

None, genuinely the best Software house I've known in the 31 years I've worked in the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

PROS2019-05-25
    • "..."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, environment, and people

Cons

No complaints for the current position

PROS2019-05-19

"A place to growth & work with autonomy and respect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is extremely innovative and offers a very unique product portofolio with a very attractive positionning on the market. There are a lot of very experienced professionals ready to support and mentor more junior people. The company culture is excellent.

Cons

Lot of changes! It's necessary to be adaptable, flexible and patient! One thing never changes : Procurement. It's a completely broken department - people are highly incompetent there, they have 0 business understanding and have 0 understanding of what running a "global" org/team means. They are a huge drain on the rest of the organization, everyone complains but no matter what they stay and continue to put roadblocks...

Advice to Management

Continue the ambitious growth plan ww, continue to grow and develop your employees....get rid of procurement...fast!

PROS2019-04-26