PageGroup Employee Reviews about "career progression"

Updated 1 Dec 2020

3.7
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham
Pros
Cons
  • "Implied long hours although they preach flexibility(in 206 reviews)

• "8:00AM - 6:00pm standard working hours(in 64 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "career progression"

Return to all Reviews

"Exciting place to work with unparalleled growth and exposure"

Current Employee - Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about working at Michael Page is the people. Quite simply, you will not get such a set of commercially savvy, energetic, well turned out and dynamic people anywhere else. Period. Coming in to office is itself an enjoyable experience as you know that you are not going to have a dull moment the entire day. Recruitment Consulting at Page is a great way to understand business. While often advertised as sales, the role is so much more than that. It provides the opportunity to actually run your own business, from lead generation and sales to contracting, requirement gathering, solution delivery and finally revenue booking and collections. You get to rub shoulders with CXOs of large organisations so and lead client meetings pitching to industry veterans at a (comparatively) very young age The organisation has a high-performing, transparent and merit-driven culture. Career Progression is something they strongly believe in and you are always clear what is expected of you to get to the next level.

Cons

The organisation has some way to go in how it leverages IT. The CRM is slightly dated and the use of basic technology like video integrated messenger systems internally for each terminal is not standardised. Also, there are logistical issues that accompany any fast-growing organisation in a metropolis such as availability of meeting rooms, size and availability of restrooms, size of the pantry etc.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast track career progression at a place that doesn't care much about where you came from before, just what you do today. Excellent Training to be winner and to remain a winner for the rest of your career.The company is run on a never say no philosophy, so you become a natural go getter after being a part of this business.

Cons

nothing so far in my career here.

Continue reading

"Good career progression, big cult culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at PageGroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Micheal Page is internationally recognised and respected, which is a huge bonus for career progression. The training is second to none and if you are favoured by your managers then there is endless support.

Cons

The issue with MP is that there are so many people there who have been there for such a long time that they're part of the furniture, and frankly behave how they like towards people and when representing the company. I personally was bullied by a particular member of my team the entire time I worked for the company, which was common knowledge to everyone but no one did anything about it until eventually I was so unhappy that I left - which i was advised to do by Senior Management when I was asked "why I have stayed if its THAT bad"

4. "Fantastic Business"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Sydney

I have been working at PageGroup full-time

Pros

- Training & Development - High Performance Culture - Long Term Career Progression Opportunities - Highly social, supportive and team based - Leading in Diversity & Inclusion practices and inclusive work culture - Flexible working policies

Cons

Nothing major or else I wouldn't still work here.

"Good starter job, crap for long term potential and pay"

Former Employee - Manager in Manchester, England

I worked at PageGroup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you work hard you’ll get recognised quickly and can progress. Career progression is clear and regular promotion is great Some nice people Good basic + car allowance

Cons

Implied long hours although they preach flexibility Cliquey Terrible bonuses based on how much you bill Management spend too long making decisions Too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Continue reading
  6. "Great company to boost your career"

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will have great career progression if you do your best. Manager is very supportive Amazing training

Cons

Job is repetitive, bonus is lower compared to competitors

7. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Associate Partner in Hong Kong

I have been working at PageGroup full-time

Pros

Career progression, great culture and encironment

Cons

Can be repetitive work, same thing each week

"Great Place To Build a Sales Career"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Michael Page has an absolutely unmatched sales career progression track. Every early promotion within the business is based on numbers and results which is how a sales organization should be. While that can lead to a younger managerial structure, over the last few years Michael Page has made an effort to make sure that once you get to the managerial level your promotions are based not only on numbers but also demonstration of managerial behaviors. This truly puts your career in your own hands and has created a much more sustainable managerial structure moving forward. - Boston is one of our highest growth markets which is creating an overflow of opportunities for those who want to build out markets and grow their careers quickly in the business. - It is a very hands off and autonomous environment that allows you to get creative while also providing a structured training program that builds a foundation for consultants to be able to create phenomenal lasting relationships with candidates and clients - Especially this year, MP had taken initiatives to listen to their employees and enhance their work life balance with more flexible hours and a more dynamic working environment which has already yielded immense benefits to employees.

Cons

- This is a sales environment with 360 degree responsibilities from day one. For people who are early in their careers that can be a lot of responsibility all at once and can take a longer ramp up time to see success. - As mentioned above, it is a very hands off and autonomous environment where you do have to consistently be pro-active in order to prospect and develop your own book of business. Management is working on identifying tools to enhance consultants ability to prospect but it does take a lot of self structure, planning, and high output on a daily basis. If you're on the fence about sales this is probably not the best career path.

Continue reading
  9. "Competitive but worth it"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good bonus structure Good career progression

Cons

The toilets could be nicer

PageGroup Response

November 29, 2019Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

Thank you for your excellent feedback, we appreciate your comments on bonus structure and career progression, both are very important factors that we know really drive our employee engagement and essentially influences employee commitment to Page. Positive engagement and career progression opportunities at Page has allowed us to continue to work alongside some fantastic individuals and to be able to watch their careers grow and reach great heights. We recognise some of our facilities might be in need of a bit of an update, over the last year we have transformed both of the reception areas in our London Aldwych office and are continuing to look at developing and improving the look of a number of our other offices and facilities across the UK – including our recent upgrade of our Victoria House Office.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career progression, training, people - you can fast track your career if you work hard enough

Cons

Big corporate with a big corporate mentality - some of which can be frustrating to the inexperienced

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 English Reviews