PagerDuty Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Because the company is growing at such a fast pace, each employee often times has a lot on their plate (in 5 reviews)

• We are experiencing huge growth and with that comes growing pains (in 7 reviews)

"Get our of your Comfort Zone!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

PagerDuty is awesome. I have worked in and out of tech companies for almost 20 years. In that time, I have never worked for a company that challenges employees to get out of their comfort zones both professionally and personally. We have great career opportunities and managers that care about your growth, Employee Resource Groups (I celebrated International Women's Day for the first time ever this year), yoga classes, a company band (in SF & Toronto), the list goes on and on. Not only that, but we now have a robust and generous Parental Leave Policy that allows employees to spend more time with family without taking a huge financial hit. I love that this company cares about us both on a personal and professional level.

Cons

Sure we're not perfect. We are experiencing huge growth and with that comes growing pains. But the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing. It's good to see a focus on Career and Manager Development for 2018. Iron the kinks out - let's get our backbone solid before we climb Everest so to speak.

"Great product, great team, huge market opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PagerDuty is a great place to work. Ever department is full of brilliant, empathetic, hard-working people, the customer base spans basically every vertical and market segment, and the opportunity is huge.

Cons

Like many high-growth companies, there's lots to do and it's easy to get sucked into overwork without strong boundaries.

Advice to Management

Invest in scaling teams, processes and tools.

"Massive opportunity, crazy smart people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Crazy smart people, passionate about customers, organic and collaborative. No bs, low politics. Executives are down to earth, serious about culture, diversity and employee happiness. Product is very good, with new stuff shipping all the time. Great food, perks and benefits. CEO is the real deal.

Cons

High growth can be scary, transitioning to a bigger company is hard. Some managers are overwhelmed which is hard on teams. Too many meetings.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication lines open, 401k marching would be awesome.

"Really fast-paced but good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture / work ethic; everyone takes everything seriously but is still relatable/approachable, and there are great employee resource groups so everyone will feel welcome, and diversity is valued. If you can back something up with data, you can make a point and bring change for the better. There are a multitude of systems in place that aid in continual self-improvement at both the individual and organizational level. This is very clearly a company that cares about doing things right.

Cons

This company changes and expands at a frightening pace. Also, while opportunities for career advancement are available, they are sometimes out of reach due to the sheer volume of work to be done getting in the way of special projects and learning / additional skill development. Finally, being on-call may cause anxiety, loss of personal quiet time, loss of sleep and loss of hair.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work staying on your toes and being aware of internal pain points.

"Most Diverse And Inclusive Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of autonomy, opportunity to make an immediate impact, love the people I work with, senior leadership is very approachable and open to new ideas. Most diverse and inclusive company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Always changing course at the last minute. Lack of processes, more red tape than necessary at such a small company, no career development opportunities for those early on in their careers.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of hiring from the outside vs. promoting from within. We have been hiring a lot of senior executives, which trickles down to more work for the people actually doing the work - so work/life balance has suffered.

"Best culture of any company I've worked for..."

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Get to work with super-smart + passionate individuals. GSD culture in Engineering. Very supportive peers.

Guilt-free culture. If you are feeling sick and need to take a day off or work remotely, you can do that guilt-free. Within Engineering, most teams are split between SF, Toronto, and remote folks. It's very easy to WFH when you like, and there's a culture of trust.

Large enough to find like-minded folks interested in things you are interested in... There's a slack channel for almost any hobby/interest you can think of. Communities within PD meet weekly for random things like tea tasting, meditation, yoga, etc.

Leadership is fully committed to and gets Agile, not just within Engineering, but across the org.

Leadership is fully committed to diversity and creating a safe environment to be one's authentic self.

Cons

Lots of autonomy. You won't be told what to do. Some folks may be so used to being micromanaged that they are uncomfortable in an environment where they're in control of their own destiny + growth.

PD is growing so fast, it's easy to overcommit yourself. Going back to autonomy / being in control of one's destiny... It's important to know what your own boundaries are and creating a healthy work/life balance is up to you.

Advice to Management

PagerDuty is changing fast, feels like a new company every 6 months. Let's retain what's important to us + what makes us special as we continue to scale + grow.

Let's add 401k matching ASAP.

Let's look for interns at more than one university.

7. "Rather not say"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

A company on the rise.

Cons

Management seems to be all over the place. Not sure what the other hand is doing.

"PagerDuty is a Rocket Ship offering huge opportunities for those willing to put in the time"

Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Huge opportunity to take ownership of projects that have a visible impact on the organization.

Diverse, Inclusive and transparent culture.

Management empowers IC's to work autonomously and execute new ideas/process improvements.

Effective teamwork and cross-collaboration.

Everyday is new, different, challenging and exciting.

Room to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them and grow.

Cons

Work/life balance is not great depending on what team you are on.

Training and development: due to fast-paced nature of work environment, there is little time to pump the breaks and spend time on learning and development and/or knowledge transfer from management or cross-functional partners.

Advice to Management

Management has extremely high standards and tendency to say 'yes' to every project initiative. In short, management needs to do a better job of prioritizing and project planning to set realistic expectations. However, this could be improved by the recently implemented V2MOM initiative.

"Amazing company with great values and an inclusive environment"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team mates, am working with some of the most intelligent, grounded people I have ever worked with in my career. Lots of opportunity for growth and a place where everyone has a voice that is heard.

Cons

Being in a fast growing and continually changing environment can be a lot to wrap your head around, but is also great for personal and professional growth.

Advice to Management

Work on building out processes so that people can get up to speed faster. But mostly - Keep up the great work!

"True SaaS Gem"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Tremendous growth over the past few years, mission critical product with near zero customer churn, fun and inclusive environment.

Cons

Global challenges with so many employees in different timezones, processes can slow things down at times, a lot of travel (pro or con for different people).

Advice to Management

Continue hiring top quality senior leaders, improve process to allow for scaling company to the next milestone.