PagerDuty Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No 401k matching, but it's hard to find start ups these days that do this (in 7 reviews)

• Ambiguity that comes with working at any fast growing company (in 5 reviews)

1. "Having the best time and doing the best work of my career"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product solving real problems and improving customers lives. Brilliant, caring teammates and experienced leadership team.

Cons

Very few to name. A little fast-paced like any growing tech company, but more mature and stable than most on similar trajectories. Strong female leadership helps a lot!

2. "Fast-growing and energetic place to work"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Great product with happy customers. Culture that values inclusivity and diversity. Collaborative working environment. Growth means lot of different things to work on.

Cons

Ambiguity that comes with working at any fast growing company. If you can't deal with that, probably not the right place.

Advice to Management

Set a bold vision and have a relentless focus on execution. Continue to hire great talent.

"Principal Talent Acquisition Specialist--Contract"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty (More than a year)

Pros

Pagerduty has an awesome culture and a fantastic product. It is truly the best company that I have worked for in IT recruiting.

Cons

There really is no downside to working for Pagerduty.

"Great company with short sighted management"

I worked at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, awesome people. I made a ton of friends here and learned a lot. PagerDuty is serious about maintaining a healthy work/life balance, has a fantastic product and is absolutely the market leader. Their benefits are top notch, and they do their best to keep everyone happy.

Cons

Management is too scared of the small competition and is focusing too much on shipping new features to tick boxes instead of polishing existing features. Very little refactoring was allowed at the time that I left, and technical debt was becoming a serious problem. Numerous new features were shipped as a bare minimum skateboard and then left to languish unfinished forever.

Advice to Management

Let your engineering team do what they need to do in order to make the product maintainable for the long term! You have great short term vision but need to focus on product life beyond the skateboard.

6. "One of top places I've worked for with great diversity"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diversity, Inclusive, work life balance. You will work with great people at a growing company with really great benefits. Free catered lunches every day and full breakfast on Wednesdays. Fully stoked kitchen with drinks, snacks, cereals and a large variety of items. Unlimited coffee, Kombucha, Cold Brew and you can even make your own premium hot brews!

Cons

No 401k match, Lots of meetings. Teams can feel disconnected at times. Growing company going through growing pains. Need better tools to get the job done at times.

Advice to Management

Engage teams to mingle together and facilitate opportunities for teams to talk to each other with team building activities.

"Sales @ PD"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our product is really good...people in general like it. The company culture is fairly "sales centric" aka we do a lot of things that puts strains on other parts of the company but people tend to do those things with out complaint. Team is split into new business and current business. Management is solid from SVP - Director level, lots of experience taking companies to next level. Excited for future.

Management is encouraging of getting in front of customers and traveling in territory. Great win culture.

Cons

A lot of changing of direction but I think that has to do with evolution and growth to the next level.

Advice to Management

Be sure to utilize the newer reps who came from outside. Set a level playing field as far as account mapping and quota responsibility.

"Train is moving fast and has clear sight of destination"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid Exec Team that is Transparent
    Community of Co-workers oozing with Passion
    Superior Product and Impressive Customer Base
    Great Benefits and Perks

Cons

A gym would be sweet, but grateful we have showers
    Too many meetings (standard for most companies)

Advice to Management

Stay consistent with your messaging (actions + words)
    Ask what tools are needed for teams to be (more) successful

"Excitement everyday"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, the culture, the way the organization embraces innovation and encourages creative thinking.

Cons

Not for those who don't want to work hard and feel themselves being pushed beyond their comfort zones.

10. "Wonderful place to work!"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance! Opportunities to learn and grow! Welcoming atmosphere and lots of driven people! One of my favorite companies to work for, hands down!

Cons

No 401k matching, but it's hard to find start ups these days that do this.

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring smart folks!

11. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PagerDuty (Less than a year)

Pros

PagerDuty is a really great place to work. The work itself is interesting and the company growth is exciting. The company culture is encouraging and supportive. I'm working with smart, dedicated people who are helpful and invested in my success. With PagerDuty I feel like I am part of a team that succeeds or fails together.

The culture embraces blameless retrospectives and focuses on accountability and constructive feedback. Senior management is incredibly transparent and approachable. The organization is supportive of my career goals and personal development. This is really the best place I've ever worked.

There's lots to do and things are never slow, but work-life balance is quite good and there's a conscious effort to avoid 'on-call heroes' and make sure everyone gets the downtime they need. On top of all that there's great benefits, a fully stocked kitchen, catered lunch everyday, and lots of social activities inside and outside the office.

I'm far from a new grad and PagerDuty is hands-down the best place I've ever worked. I really love it here!

Cons

I can't really think of any that are specific to PagerDuty. There are some challenges that every high-growth company faces as it expands. PagerDuty is tackling those challenges really well and it's very exciting to be a part of that.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job--please keep it up!