Panda Express Reviews
61% would recommend to a friend
(5231 total reviews)
Andrew and Peggy Cherng
81% approve of CEO
Found 5,231 of over 5T reviews
Updated 25 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is good and if you need a lot of hours it's easy to get them." (in 732 reviews)
- "You get free food (A least at my establishment) and the work is so easy." (in 442 reviews)
- "Good benefits which is always good" (in 239 reviews)
- "High standards Your meals are free during your shifts 20% off discount to eat there otherwise" (in 237 reviews)
- "Great atmosphere and coworkers." (in 155 reviews)
- "Bad Management and very strict" (in 378 reviews)
- "Tiny raises Bad managers A lot of cleaning" (in 246 reviews)
- "Long hours and have to be on my feet the whole time while working in heavy traffic Panda Express." (in 195 reviews)
- "No work/life balance; too demanding and ACO's are low quality." (in 169 reviews)
- "Bad upper management." (in 107 reviews)
- 5.026 Aug 2023Mechanical EngineerCurrent EmployeeChinaganjam
Better work life and food benefits . Beautiful coworkers and hr girl
smoking and sky diving is prohibited inside office
- 5.09 Nov 2021Delivery GirlCurrent Employee
They were all really nice to work with.
The timing were not according to me but fine.Panda Express Response2y
As an organization, we would like to thank you for all the hard work you contribute to Team Panda. The people are what make Panda so special, and we are grateful to have you on the team. Your feedback is very important to us, and we want you to know that your voice matters.
- 1.011 Sept 2023Front of HouseFormer Employee, more than 1 yearArroyo Grande, CA
Get paid a couple bucks over minimum wage + nice store location, I guess.
Manager has a history of racism, ableism, lying, abuse, and many other issues. Some other PIC have the same issues. New employees aren't properly trained, if at all. Promises of promotion are never followed through with, but they will still make you do the work as if you have been promoted. Injuries and health are not taken seriously, often encouraging employees to come in or continue working, even when incredibly sick. Many employees have had issues with lack of consistent scheduling. Time off requests that have been approved of months in advance can (and have been) suddenly retracted and denied days before said date without valid reason. Many employees don't work at this location for longer than a couple of months due to the issues, resulting in lack of consistency. When applying, they advertise full time and benefits, but when hired refuse to give anyone full time. Absolutely no work/life balance. I am so incredibly traumatized from what I went through working at this location I am unable to safely work in a public environment anymore without my health being put at extreme risk.1
- 3.03 Nov 2023Restaurant AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDeKalb, IL
The job is super simple. Essentially you are just serving food and then making sure the food stays fresh and replace it when it’s old or low. I recommend going for a morning shift because they do less but with the same pay.
The dishes are very sharp and my store rarely had good gloves. The amount of times my hands have been cut up from working night shift.
Panda Express Reviews FAQs
Panda Express has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 5,373 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Panda Express to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
61% of Panda Express employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Panda Express 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.