Pariveda Solutions Associate I Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 8 Apr 2018

5.0
Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee
  1. "Overall, great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Transparency - Mentorship (both formal and informal) - They focus on individual growth. It's amazing how much support everyone around you gives you. Your managers and management team members honestly want everyone to succeed. - You're not competing against others for promotions and are eligible for promotion every year. The review process is quite thorough so you're getting feedback on your strengths and areas of growth pretty consistently. - Everyone is paid the same at each level and you know exactly what everyone is getting paid int the company. - When hiring, they focus on your problem solving ability rather than your specific technical knowledge, therefore, expanding their reach to individuals who may not have majored in computer science. - At the end of the day, it's what you make of it and there are a ton of people in the company that are there to support you.

Cons

- You don't get to pick the projects/clients that you're on, so if you're on a not so good one, it's difficult to move out of that position. At the end of the day, it's about influence and people. So you have to make sure you're socializing what you want to work on with the right people, but even then, it's largely dependent on who's available and what project needs to be staffed. - Similarly, because Pariveda operates on a project -to-project basis, every single person has such a widely different experience at the company. You could be on one or seven project in the same time period. It all just depends and has a lot of luck factored into it.

Continue reading
    Pariveda Solutions2018-04-08

"Growth-oriented, human-friendly"

Current Employee - Associate I in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are several pros to working at Pariveda Solutions: - Respect for work-life balance - Full healthcare benefits - Emphasis on personal growth and learning - Transparent salary structure and advancement schedule - Clear expectations for roles - Senior leadership treats employees like humans - Frequently, the salary structure is revisited to implement cost-of-living adjustments - Built-in mentorship structure

Cons

Some downsides to working at Pariveda Solutions are: - Pariveda follows a "generalist" model, which is a pro and a con. While this allows for flexibility and variety in consultant work, it also means that a consultant goes "an inch deep and a mile wide", and can miss the tech stack best practices or advanced features of a tech stack. With a team of "inch-deep mile-wide" expertise, project codebases are at risk to become disjointed and disorganized. Furthermore, consultants who gain deeper technical knowledge are promoted to managerial positions, and no longer have time to interact with codebases- which can function as knowledge loss. If a consultant wants to go deeper than a working knowledge, they must do so on their own time. Pariveda does provide learning materials for consultants who wish to dive deep, however. - When I was recruited to Pariveda Solutions, the nature of my work was somewhat misrepresented. I was pitched on working with "new and exciting" technologies. Most of my work, however, was in older enterprise tech stacks, and only after several projects was I able to engage with newer tech for a short time. Since my recruitment was some years ago, those recruitment practices may have changed. - One-track growth: Pariveda Solutions puts all consultants on the same track- developer to manager to upper management/sales. This model may suffice for most, but some folks are more interested in product development than management/sales.

Continue reading
    Pariveda Solutions2018-01-21

"Everything you could want in a career"

Current Employee - Associate I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast track your career with a company that is all about personal growth. Clearly defined career path takes the politics out of promotions. The "Expectations Framework" defines exactly what qualifications you must meet to be promoted at every level of the company. Work Life Balance: I've worked an average of 42 hours a week the past 2 years. Everyone gets 4-5 weeks of PTO right from day they start. You don't just get coworkers, you get a family. People really care here and after hours get togethers are abundant (both formal and informal). Very competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

From what I've heard, some other companies might pay you a slightly higher salary, but some other companies might also work you like a dog and treat you like a resource.

Pariveda Solutions2017-08-01

"Great place to work!"

Associate I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions for more than 3 years

Pros

Structured career framework Transparency Project Variety Work with relatively newer technologies Engaged leadership

Cons

Commute will vary depending on the project, but that's the nature of consulting and it's better than traveling 100%

Pariveda Solutions2015-06-08

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews