Pariveda Solutions Reviews

4.7
Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee
Pros
Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be a challenge within the consulting industry(in 19 reviews)

• "Can't specialize in a certain area of work and hard to follow the career path for a certain role(in 15 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Amazing Company, Slightly Below Average Compensation"

Current Employee - Consultant (C1) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pariveda is one of the best companies to work for. They truly are amazing! I know my concerns will always be addressed and taken care of and they take great care of their employees. My favorite thing about Pariveda is their prioritization of work-life-balance. Life and family always come first and I have always seen them stick by that.

Cons

The only con I have experienced and the reason I would probably give 4.5 stars if I could is that working in the more expensive markets can be really tough. They give a small compensation for the cost-of-living increase but it isn't enough to become competitive with other companies in those markets (especially with the talent that Pariveda hires). I really do love the company and there is a big argument for taking a salary cut to come to a company that prioritizes work-life-balance . Just difficult to see that other companies are paying a 20% higher salaries for similar positions.

2. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Pariveda Solutions is a great company to work for. They care about their employees growth and personal well being. Promotion criteria is well defined and you are eligible for advancement each year. Pay and benefits are solid and transparent across the entire company. You can succeed here if you put in the effort, no doubt.

Cons

Not a lot to complain about, sometimes you are required to do things that aren't the most fun or glamorous, but that is an aspect of almost any employer.

3. COVID-19

"Fantastic Company with Highly Motivated People"

Current Employee - Consultant (C1) in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Transparent career path and salaries - The work-life balance can't be beat - Always learning something new - Always being pushed to your greatest potential - The people your meet and the mentorship you receive is unparalleled - If you want to be social, there are tons of social events and initiatives that you can choose to involved in - The most transparent leadership I've ever heard of during the Covid-19 pandemic! - They really care about diversity and inclusion

Cons

- Being pushed to your highest potential is hard sometimes - Guaranteed to go down a management route, even if you want to remain technical - You can't specialize, or if you do, they will not necessarily utilize that skill of yours, and they'll eventually push you more into management/sales - No fully remote work once the pandemic ends For me, these aren't cons, because 1) hard things aren't necessarily bad for you, 2) I look forward to being a manager and sales because I don't want to code the rest of my life, 3) Being open to new types of problems and different roles is how you continue to grow and remain relevant 4) Remote-work is great at times, but I really enjoy face-to-face co-worker and client interaction in person which is why I still give Pariveda 5 stars.

4. "Carrying for the whole person"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Taking care of the whole person - I feel completely supported to take the time I need to prioritize my own self care in the midst of the stress of the world Strong commitment to equity - as we've shared more about how Pariveda structures and pay and promotion, we are seeing that we think differently about equity in the workplace and how the business model supports equity instead of creating a sense of competition between employees or that a certain group is less valuable. Everyone is paid equally and you know you are not one of the statistics you see around pay disparity

Cons

In my opinion, there aren't cons that are specific to Pariveda, I think the world is just difficult to work in right now

"Good if you are a robot"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have good benefits and when we worked from the office, they had good snacks and drinks. There are some really good people there too.

Cons

The way the company is set up, it is only for a certain type of employee. You are in a box from day one and limited to one career path, which doesn't make sense given that we have different roles and are on different projects. For example, you could be a recruiter or a programmer and be held to the same expectations. Also projects vary, but since expectations are identical and not customized to needs of the work or the employee, your career is hurt if you aren't on a good client or project . My biggest issue, is they evaluate you on set parameters, but they don't look at the value you bring. Frustrating to see people get promoted year after year because they are a "fit" rather than promoting people that bring value to the company and their teammates.

6. COVID-19

"Don't get sold on the lies"

Current Employee - Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about Pariveda is the people. These are truly some the best folks I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive anymore, and in VHCOL areas it's not at all for the amount of time and effort you're expected to put in at this firm. The feedback culture is very one-sided and manipulative. What once seemed like thoughtful growth opportunities now seems like they just pick at your weaknesses until you become fully dependent on their validation for your self-confidence. It's expected of you to go above and beyond your 40 billable hours and work on things for the betterment of the firm. Which I don't mind as much when I get to work on initiatives I'm passionate about, however it can get annoying when a new initiative for the office is created and it becomes an expectation of everyone to fulfill the new requirements regardless of your client obligations and whatever else you were already committed to. During the pandemic, Pariveda's smoke and mirrors disappeared and everyone got to see the firm for what it really is. A top-heavy, small business that was struggling to sell work. The company was so ill-prepared for an economic downturn that they cut salaries as soon the the pandemic got real. While it sucked, we accepted the sacrifice if it meant none our colleagues, friends even, would lose their jobs. This was especially difficult on employees in VHCOL cities as the salaries there already aren't competitive with the local market, to take a 15%-20% pay cut on top of that and tell everyone to work even harder to sell more work is criminal. Oh, and then we get an email on a Monday saying that people have been let go... after all the sacrifices we made. Transparency went out the window. For a company that loves to talk about how they only hire top talent, way to through them to the wolves as soon as times get rough. Many teams were forced to scramble to take over their ex-colleagues roles and also figure out how to explain to the client why someone they had a trusted relationship with just disappeared. Fast-forward to now, I wince every time I see an update showing the company is in the green and that they are hiring at every level because we have so much work now (to the point we are over-booked) proving that no one needed to be let go in the first place. I joined Pariveda because I was looking for a company that valued it's employees and would allow me to work on project that were meaningful to my growth instead of being thrown on anything just to keep me billable. And for a while it felt like everything they promised was true. However, the way leadership handled the pandemic really broke a lot of employees trusts and faith in the company's leadership.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Work Environment - Great people to work with - Solid benefits - Transparent leadership - Your voice is heard

Cons

- Its Consulting, so projects can be hit or miss in terms of learning new things or client expectations but leadership does a good job trying to pair people to projects that would be a good fit, its just that those arent always available - Expectations for participating in internal initiatives can be a little overwhelming

8. "Truly cares about your personal growth"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talent & personal development is a top priority and it shows by the way Pariveda invests time & money in their employees. You are in the driver seat of your career.

Cons

Like most consulting gigs, Pariveda has to staff projects & keep clients happy to stay in business and it can feel like you don’t have much control over the specific projects and roles you’re placed in.

9. COVID-19

"Great, Honest Company that really cares for its employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Pariveda is a great company that really cares for its employees. Covid has made this obvious; the people here are all wonderful, nice, and truly care about each other. The company is transparent about its inner workings and take our opinions into account.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about Pariveda, the only con I can think of is the nature of the tech consulting business means possible changes from time to time, but Pariveda has done their best around that.

10. "Great culture and plenty of growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

- There's a lot of focus on employee growth and mentorship. - You get opportunities to work with different technologies and get to expand outside of just one tech stack - Good work life balance

Cons

- Review process can be lengthy but it ensures that all parties are aligned with potential growth opportunities for a given employee which I think is beneficial in the long run

Viewing 1 - 10 of 408 Reviews