Pariveda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Nov 27, 2019

4.8
Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee
Pros
  • "Well-designed career path that includes all forms of assistance/training/support to help a consultant succeed through hierarchical ranks(in 44 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is incredible(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "Consultant work can be fast-paced and it can be easy to get bogged down to the point where work-life balance is threatened(in 14 reviews)

• "The career path at Pariveda is designed to build well-rounded professionals(in 12 reviews)

"Smart, hard working, transparent people focused on you and your growth"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Completely transparent pay scale. I know what every single employee makes, including the CEO. Client and project assignments based on your growth opportunities. Open and transparent culture for giving and receiving feedback. Leaders who focus on the holistic view of the person. Excellent benefits - fully covered health care, HSA contribution, 401k match, 6 week parental leave (for both parents), phone plan,... generous PTO. I feel cared for. Maybe even spoiled.

Cons

Too techy sometimes. Software developers who just want to code, rather than problem solvers who want to meet business or user needs. Consulting is hard. Clients have high expectations, and they don't always give you the information, resources, and support you need to meet those expectations. Clients are frustrating. Your day-to-day is working in a culture (the client's) that is not what you signed up for and with... people that might not be as dedicated or experienced. Pariveda is not very racially diverse, though getting better. Not very many female middle managers either. Not enough bench time - off one client Friday and on to another Monday. It gives me whiplash.

Advice to Management

Make more of an effort to have consistent team experiences across clients. It can be highly varied depending on the client, the manager, and the team makeup. Talk about successes not just hitting our numbers, but also on the ground successes from clients. Be more picky with clients and projects. If we can't seem to hire fast enough, why do we still have bad clients or projects?

Pariveda Solutions2019-11-20
  2. "Great company that focuses on developing their employees"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth, culture and transparency are three things that make Pariveda great. Pariveda has a very well-defined career path, and they work very hard to help you grow along that path. Semi-annual reviews are compiled based off of feedback from your peers and include areas of growth to focus on for the next cycle. The culture here is also excellent. People genuinely care about each other, both professionally and... personally, and company-sponsored events such as happy hours and movie nights help foster that camaraderie. Transparency is also very important at Pariveda. Salaries are made public to everyone in the company, and there is no competition for promotions, both of which foster trust amongst us.

Cons

One of the downsides of consulting in general is that there tends to be a variety of work that you may not be particularly interested in or good at, and this is true at Pariveda as well. Another issue is that with only one career path, if that path isn't the path for you, then it can be difficult to grow and further your career at Pariveda.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering this incredible culture, and continue emphasis on growth and talent development (aka keep caring about your employees!).

Pariveda Solutions2019-11-22

"People-Oriented Consulting, but still Consulting"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pariveda is full of people who really do care about your growth - Transparency around pay and expectations emphasize focusing on your own development instead of competing with others - Opportunities to work with a variety of tech stacks in a variety of industries - Depending on the client, there's never any pressure to work more than 40 hours a week

Cons

- It's consulting, so it always depends. Sometimes there are ineffective teams, "boring" projects, tough clients, and distant managers - A feedback-based culture means you have to be vocal and give feedback on the above problems, which can be difficult at times. Otherwise they might not be addressed (and even then, might not be at the speed or manner in which you desire) - Transparency around pay can also feel... like a restriction when comparing to other tech jobs - Some projects have an unspoken expectation that you deliver work above your cohort level, and these are framed as "growth opportunities"

Pariveda Solutions2019-11-27
  4. "Best job ever"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great colleagues Leadership that cares Transparent salary based on cohort Annual opportunity for promotion

Cons

The feedback culture here might not be for everyone but I enjoy the opportunity to continue growing

Pariveda Solutions2019-11-04
  5. "Great place to grow yourself professionally and personally!"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, NC

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Benefits- (Employer paid H/D/V) 401k, 4 weeks of PTO starting out, Parental leave, employee owned company, education platforms ranging from tech, languages to self development. Culture- Very open door policy, no micromanaging (treated like an adult) You have a voice, opinion and thoughts, Pariveda understands that and encourages you to participate in discussions and leverage your knowledge. Work-... Interesting work, continuously evolving. Trajectory- Here are Pariveda everyone wants you to succeed in your career, you are never competing with someone for a promotion. You move up at your once pace which allows you to be able to fully comprehend your next steps and drive deeper in your self development. Huge personal plus for me- LOTS OF SWAG!!! If you like backpacks, t shirts, jackets, water bottles for free, WE GOT YOU!

Cons

Cons, hmmm, we use a lot of paper cups for coffee.

Advice to Management

Continue allowing people from other departments to cross mingle and build relationships, continue to allow each employee to speak their thoughts.

Pariveda Solutions2019-10-21
  6. "People development at it's best"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people and supportive culture, work at the leading edge of business and tech, a clearly defined and transparent career path, local work

Cons

The learning model keeps you right at the edge of your comfort zone - as soon as you feel like you've really understood something, you get moved to an area where you are relatively new. This is overall a good thing for career development, but it can be challenging to re-orient yourself and see yourself as a lifelong learner instead of an expert specialist.

Advice to Management

Keep the core culture strong and the sustainable growth trajectory.

7. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay level transparency Work life balance Vacation (forfeit at cap) Well defined career path and review structure Great environment (people, office)

Cons

We receive constructive feedback from peers, which means we also need to give that same level of feedback, which could be demanding and draining.

Pariveda Solutions2019-10-21
  8. "They invest in their employees success"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

New to the team and could not be more excited. The recruiting process is quite long in some instances but there is a reason for the process. With each step each party learns more about each other and how, or even if, you are a good match for each other. Each Fin (employee) I met along the journey proved to confirm my desire to work for this organization as they truly invest in your success. From assigning a... mentor, career advisor and in some instances a buddy, they allow you to connect and make sure you are meeting expectations that the company sets out for you as well as your own. Everyone is open and willing to share knowledge and support as you grow in your career. I have not had a negative conversation with an employee yet!

Cons

Being an organization comprised largely of consultants can make it hard to connect with others immediately, however, they provide plenty of networking and educational opportunities to overcome that obstacle.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing in leading by example!

Pariveda Solutions2019-10-21
  9. "Amazing Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Transparency High Pay and High Raises Growth People Quality of Life

Cons

On paper the career advancement is linear, which means that you'll have to grow in all areas of your career to advance. Personally so far this is great for me and my career. However if you're a hermit and you just want to code with as little human interaction as possible, this might not be for you (and consulting in general).

Pariveda Solutions2019-10-21
  10. "Amazing Place to Work and Grow"

Current Employee - Consultant (C1)

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture, focused on making you the best version of yourself - Feedback is encouraged and management genuinely cares about you - Competitive pay and benefits - Linear and transparent career path - Amazing work/life balance because most clients are local

Cons

- You can't climb the ranks faster than others

Found 322 reviews