Pariveda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 Mar 2020

4.9
Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee
Pros
  • "Well-designed career path that includes all forms of assistance/training/support to help a consultant succeed through hierarchical ranks(in 44 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is incredible(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance and associated stress from carry-over work is always a challenge in a consulting environment(in 17 reviews)

• "The career path at Pariveda is designed to build well-rounded professionals(in 12 reviews)

1. "Great organization that lives its values"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Defined, yet not restrictive, career paths even at the leadership level - Intentional approach to people development - Good overall compensation with many benefits not found at similarly-sized organizations - Commitment to living by mission/values with fantastic follow-through

Cons

- As company grows, some inconsistencies across offices - mostly noticed internally

Pariveda Solutions2020-03-09
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great salary and benefits, very growth-focused company, strong mentor program.

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult toward the end of projects.

Pariveda Solutions2020-02-21
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pariveda is a terrific company. The people you work with are really friendly and smart, the camaraderie is amazing, most projects are interesting, and not a lot of travel compared to other consulting firms. I was honestly a bit hesitant to join after i read all these other overwhelmingly positive reviews (I figured they were fake), but I can say whole heartedly that my experience so far has fallen in line with the sentiment of these other reviews. - Benefits are competitive. Good 401k match, no vesting, good PTO, free healthcare, etc. - Everyone seems to really care about you as a person. I’ve never had a problem working from home if I needed a mental health day, no one is a micromanager, the MT has stayed with me a few times after hours to help me on personal development stuff if I requested. A coworker had to take some time off work recently due to an accident. Instead of using up his PTO before short term disability kicked in, HR donated a bunch of PTO hours for him. That kind of stuff. - Promotions. At most tech companies, moving up is pretty hard. There is a clearly defined path at Pariveda to move from a recent college grad, to tech lead, to manager, to principal, to Vice President. Promotions typically happen ~ once a year, and throughout the year you are given continuous feedback so that you make sure you are on track for a promotion. - Pay transparency is kind of cool. Also ESOP shares. - The CEO comes around to all the offices frequently, and I've had a few 1:1 meetings with him. Really interesting guy.

Cons

- Free healthcare is a neat perk, but it’s just a high deductible HSA plan that can leave you with a lot of out of pocket expenses. I wish that we at least had an option to buy up to a better plan. - In most markets, the salary is very competitive, but in higher cost of living offices like NYC and San Francisco, the salary is way below average. The recruiting is harder in those offices as a result. The MT really needs to figure that out if we truly want to expand our footprint in those markets.

Pariveda Solutions2020-02-14
  4. "Great company to push yourself to grow"

Current Employee - Manager II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent mentoring structuring with a transparent salary structure. Constant opportunities to grow which you can dial back if needed.

Cons

You will work more here and at times a work/life balance will be tough, but moderately manageable depending on how fast you're trying to grow.

Pariveda Solutions2020-01-31
  5. "Great company to nurture and grow your career"

Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Having been with the firm for several years now, I can confidently get behind our motto of developing people to their fullest potential. I could have never imagined the kind of career growth and opportunities elsewhere over the same period of time. In particular, working at Pariveda for the early part of your career will accelerate your growth curve significantly. The level of mentorship and detailed career guidance you will get here is unmatched. Smart, dedicated co-workers are also something you come to expect at all client engagements, which is one the primary reasons I have continued to stick around.

Cons

Work/life balance and associated stress from carry-over work is always a challenge in a consulting environment. As you get more senior, the lines blur and I feel the same levels of dedicated mentorship may not seem as apparent (i.e. you have to be smart enough to seek it out from the right people). If you're fortunate enough to get promoted into the local executive team (i.e. Principal cohorts and up), you will inevitably gain exposure to some of the cross-office and leadership oriented politics that exist at all places. More importantly, you will have to find your way through the maze to continue to grow and find a niche that allows for those opportunities above and beyond account management / sales.

Pariveda Solutions2020-01-04

Pariveda Solutions Response

February 2, 2020Founder and CEO

Thank you for your contributions to Pariveda and mentoring of our Fins over the years. Growing people towards their highest potential is core to our mission and culture and that means all Fins, including our leadership, and our clients. As we scale and more of our college hires develop into Principals and Vice Presidents, we continue to adapt our practices. Your feedback is instrumental to our continuous improvement. Please continue mentoring and providing feedback about your personal experiences. Thank you for sharing your comments!

"Living the Values"

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focus on developing the best consultants Living the values of the company Smart people doing exciting things

Cons

You are going to have to work for it!

Pariveda Solutions2019-12-12

"Smart, hard working, transparent people focused on you and your growth"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Completely transparent pay scale. I know what every single employee makes, including the CEO. Client and project assignments based on your growth opportunities. Open and transparent culture for giving and receiving feedback. Leaders who focus on the holistic view of the person. Excellent benefits - fully covered health care, HSA contribution, 401k match, 6 week parental leave (for both parents), phone plan, generous PTO. I feel cared for. Maybe even spoiled.

Cons

Too techy sometimes. Software developers who just want to code, rather than problem solvers who want to meet business or user needs. Consulting is hard. Clients have high expectations, and they don't always give you the information, resources, and support you need to meet those expectations. Clients are frustrating. Your day-to-day is working in a culture (the client's) that is not what you signed up for and with people that might not be as dedicated or experienced. Pariveda is not very racially diverse, though getting better. Not very many female middle managers either. Not enough bench time - off one client Friday and on to another Monday. It gives me whiplash.

Pariveda Solutions2019-11-20
  8. "Great company that focuses on developing their employees"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth, culture and transparency are three things that make Pariveda great. Pariveda has a very well-defined career path, and they work very hard to help you grow along that path. Semi-annual reviews are compiled based off of feedback from your peers and include areas of growth to focus on for the next cycle. The culture here is also excellent. People genuinely care about each other, both professionally and personally, and company-sponsored events such as happy hours and movie nights help foster that camaraderie. Transparency is also very important at Pariveda. Salaries are made public to everyone in the company, and there is no competition for promotions, both of which foster trust amongst us.

Cons

One of the downsides of consulting in general is that there tends to be a variety of work that you may not be particularly interested in or good at, and this is true at Pariveda as well. Another issue is that with only one career path, if that path isn't the path for you, then it can be difficult to grow and further your career at Pariveda.

Pariveda Solutions2019-11-22

"People-Oriented Consulting, but still Consulting"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pariveda is full of people who really do care about your growth - Transparency around pay and expectations emphasize focusing on your own development instead of competing with others - Opportunities to work with a variety of tech stacks in a variety of industries - Depending on the client, there's never any pressure to work more than 40 hours a week

Cons

- It's consulting, so it always depends. Sometimes there are ineffective teams, "boring" projects, tough clients, and distant managers - A feedback-based culture means you have to be vocal and give feedback on the above problems, which can be difficult at times. Otherwise they might not be addressed (and even then, might not be at the speed or manner in which you desire) - Transparency around pay can also feel like a restriction when comparing to other tech jobs - Some projects have an unspoken expectation that you deliver work above your cohort level, and these are framed as "growth opportunities"

Pariveda Solutions2019-11-27
  10. "Best job ever"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great colleagues Leadership that cares Transparent salary based on cohort Annual opportunity for promotion

Cons

The feedback culture here might not be for everyone but I enjoy the opportunity to continue growing

Pariveda Solutions2019-11-04